Aphrodite the Assassin (Theo...

By fangirl_life31

Aphrodite Kaade was an intelligent, young American girl who's parents were assassins. They unfortunately died... More

Wrong House
Out for Dinner
Just Partners Nothing More
Make and Model
We Can't Rush into Anything
Your Eyes
Can You Zip it For Me?
Argentine Tango
It's Not Too Far
Nightmares
Officially
I'm No Snitch
What Are the Odds?
Just for a Little While?
Never
Now Isn't the Time for Giggling
Target Practice
It's Just Part of the Job
That's Enough of That
21
Chianti
Tell Me Everything
Only Four Days
Metaphorical and Emotional Weights
Risk Taking
Under the Ground
Really
Teenage Boys
Five Minutes
Not Without Me
I Own You
Lucky for You
It's Not Impossible
He's Not Worth It
Deep Breaths
Are You Flirting With Me?
No More Secrets
Not Too Normal
Oh Love
Training
Don't Lose the Key
She's Cute
Let's Play Darts
I'm Not Giving You Another Chance
The First
Fox
Time to Retire
Everyone Has a Breaking Point
Epilogue

And so it Begins...

621 17 0
By fangirl_life31

I honk the horn three times hoping as not to disturb Theo's neighbors. It's 7:07 and we need to be at Miss Ida's in three minutes. That will most definitely make a bad second impression of him. He comes out of the house dressed in a tshirt, zip up hoodie, jeans and black Converse. How can he look so...perfect in everything? Stop that Aphro!! Yes, he is your all time favorite actor, but this is now assassin related. Do not let this get in the way. This is work stuff. He hops into the car and a happy look comes across his face. I sigh and his expression changes.

"What's the matter?"

"I'm really sorry I got you involved in this, Theo. it was a stupid mistake on my part and now your life is completely changing because of me. It's not going to be the same, ever. I hope you know that." I back out of the driveway and speed down the street. He turns to look at me and he is obviously confused. I guess he hasn't caught on... "Remember what I said about being careful about your identity and who sees you?"

"Yeah...?"

"People that we go after are going to inevitably see you, Theo. Some of them might get away from us before we finish the job. So, you can't... I mean I guess you still could, but you would have to be extremely careful but-"

"What's your point, Aphro?"

"You can't be an actor and an assassin. You just can't do it. The paparazzi would be everywhere and if anyone from a mission recognized you, that would be it," I blurt out. I was trying not to be so blunt, but sometimes you have to be. He looks at me with no regret in his eyes. He smiles at me.

"I'm ready for something new. Acting has been great, but I don't think I can do it my whole life. This is something that would be worth my time, and my life. Before we go out on any mission, I'll make sure everyone knows I'm quitting acting. As for my family, I'm not sure yet."

"This isn't just going to be a new hobby, it is your new life. There's no going back once you start training. I'm glad you're okay with this because I still feel awful about dragging you in. And as for your family, I will talk to Miss Ida and see what she thinks. I may be able to work something out so you don't have to hide from them, too. I was fortunate to have my parents part of this whole thing."
              +++
I knock on the door and look down at my phone. 7:10. We made it on time. Miss Ida opens the door before I can even finish knocking.

"Oh! Hi Miss Ida, if I would've known you were-"

"Come in, quickly," she grabs both our wrists and pulls us into the house. "We have much to do today. If you're going to be Aphrodite's partner, Mr. James, you need to start now. I don't want to delay this assignment more than necessary." We follow her down a hallway and she pulls a book off of a shelf. The bookcase swings open, revealing a large chamber full of the training equipment I always practiced on at the old location. Miss Ida walks in ahead of us and we follow. Theo's mouth drops open a little bit in awe. I elbow his side and he closes his mouth and looks down at me.

"Pay attention," I whisper.

"This is where you will train. On and off for now, but once the mission is fulfilled, you'll be spending a lot of time in here until you are caught up with the rest of the assassins," Miss Ida explains. "So, let's begin over here," she points to the weapons wall. "You look fit and strong, no need to do any sort of weight lifting by the looks of it. You'll need to know how to use multiple kinds of guns, knives, and various other killing methods and techniques. So, what do you prefer to start with?"

"I... Uh..." he stammers.

"Why don't we start with fighting," I interrupt. "He doesn't need to learn killing just yet." She looks over at Theo and then back at me.

"Fair enough. I'll fetch Samuel." She lightly shuffles out of the room leaving Theo and I alone.

"Samuel is Miss Ida's husband and the main trainer, he was mine until I surpassed him. That's when I started training others. He's like family to me, Miss Ida too. But you'll definitely learn a lot from him. He's very skilled."

"Am I going to be trained like a ninja?" Theo asks eagerly. I can't help but laugh at the ridiculousness of the question, but it's true nonetheless.

"Yes, if that makes you more excited, you get to play ninja," I reply sarcastically.

"I'm already excited," he raises his eyebrows and smirks.

"I don't think you should be, this is a lot of responsibility."

"I get to be with one of the best assassins out there, though. That's always a plus, and you're training me along the way, so even if I'm not totally ready, you've got my back."

"Of course I will," I roll my eyes, "you're not going to learn nearly enough in this small time frame."

"That's why you're teaching me as we go!" he says positively. I look around the huge room and move over to the fighting plate. I take off my shoes and hop up onto the raised flooring. Theo comes over by me and looks up. "What is this?"

"The fighting plate. It's like a boxing ring without the ropes. Get up here." He takes off his shoes and steps on in front of me. He steps closer to talk and I dodge him by ducking and pivoting around so I end up behind him. I stand and cross my arms over my chest. He turns around with a look of disbelief. "And I can do that in heels, too," I say matter of factly.

"I bet you can," he gives me a half smile. He attempts to grab my waist and pick me up. As soon as he reaches an arm out, I grasp it around his wrist and spin myself into his body. I elbow his stomach, sending him back. I quickly turn around and punch the front of his shoulder; not hard.

"I can do that in heels and an evening dress," I sneer, just to get under his skin.

"Oh it's on," he smiles. I reach my leg out to kick him at about his ribs and he blocks it with his forearm. I step back and squat down to go around his ankles with one leg and he jumps up. I furrow my eyebrows and get him as he comes back down. He lands on his back and I stand up. Before I can react, he is on his feet and throws a punch at me. I block it and try to kick, only knowing he will maneuver around it. I switch my stance by jumping up and getting him square in the chest. He gets sent backwards and falls over the small ledge of the plate.

"I win!" I say throwing my arms up. He stands up quickly and catches his breath. I'm not struggling to breathe, I've had way worse than this.

"I call for a rematch now that I know what I'm up against."

"You'll always lose," I tease. He jumps back on and steps forward. I kick behind his other foot, messing with his balance and stumbles. I throw my fist at him, he dodges it, he punches, I go around. This goes on for a little while longer before Samuel and Miss Ida come back through the doorway. Theo stops fighting to face them and I finally get him on on the shoulder. It was a solid hit and it sends him a little bit to the side. He rubs his shoulder and catches his breath.

"Hey that's not fair," he whines.

"Everything is fair, you just weren't ready. Lesson one: keep your focus until someone goes down. Nothing can distract you when you're fighting." Samuel smiles at me.

"That a girl," he says. "I've clearly taught you well." I jump off the plate and give him a fast hug.

"I've missed you too," I laugh. "I was just warming him up a little. He seems to have an idea of how to fight." I turn to Theo. "I'm a little surprised by that, honestly."

"I saw," Samuel looks to Theo. "You'll be a great companion for this young girl over here. But if you get out of line," he turns back to me, "you have my permission to kick his ass." I smile big and Samuel claps his hands. "Let's start."

"So it begins," I say looking to Theo. "Miss Ida and I will go sit at the table and watch you two from a safe distance. Have fun with this one," I say to Samuel. Theo makes a face at me. Miss Ida and I make our way to the table across the room.

"How was dinner last night?" she asks poking my side with her elbow. "I've been dying to know how it went."

"It was fine, I mostly talked and he listened. I didn't learn much about him. This is work stuff, I can't let who he is affect my job." We sit in the comfy chairs in front of a large table.

"Oh Aphrodite, you could've at they very least showed some interest in him," she says touching my hand.

"I don't have that kind of interest in him." That's only a little lie.

"Just because you're an assassin doesn't mean you can't get married, have a family and grow old with a special someone," she looks over at me and I think about her and Samuel. They've been together for as long as I can remember, before my parents had probably even met each other. "Sam and I made it work. If Theo is going to be with you all this time you might as well-"

"I'm going to stop you right there. No, I'm not looking for a relationship right now. Or even in the near future. Maybe when I retire." She lets out a huff of air and turns her nose up.

"You're too committed to your job, as if I could ever tell anyone that. But you are," she sasses.

"Okay, okay. Enough about me." I need to change the subject before she tells Theo to propose to me. This woman, she knows no boundaries. "Miss Ida, I need to ask you a huge favor." She looks over to me, concerned.

"Ask and it shall be done." I press my lips into a fine line and look up.

"It may not be that simple... Today in the car, Theo brought up that he isn't sure how he is going to tell his parents about quitting acting and becoming part of this-"

"He can tell them he is quitting acting but he can't tell them he's becoming an assassin. You know he can't."

"I know, but he didn't sign up for this voluntarily... It was my fault and I thought we could make an exception-" she shakes her head.

"Absolutely not, Aphrodite. I already let you pass by one rule by letting him live. I'm not about to let you get by a second time." I bite my lip nervously. "Everyone else has had to tell their parents that they've found work elsewhere and they will be traveling a lot. They learned to live secret lives and Mr. James will do the same."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

325 20 21
Many forget that the goddess of love was born from the raging sea, but she would do anything to protect her daughter. Adora was Aphrodite's last daug...
1.5M 17.2K 45
(A/N: A word of warning for anyone reading - I wrote this story when I was very young. So yes, it is corny, and yes, it does need a lot of editing. I...
51 0 37
I already knew what kind of man Theo Henshaw was. One who wasn't interested in being a father, one who would rather party and drink and whore his way...
649K 7.8K 13
COMING BACK TO WATTPAD IN FULL- STAY TUNED (SCEKY will come back completed on wattpad with some edits to the early chapters. Please have some patienc...