We're in This Together

By Vdelphine

An Artist Girl Jennifer Alison , who is taking care of 5 years old kid Adeline Alison as Her daughter. One d... More

PROLOGUE
Episode 1
Episode 2
Episode 3
Episode 4
Episode 5
Episode 6
Episode 7
Episode 8
Episode 9
Episode 10
Episode 11
Episode 12
Episode 13
Episode 14
Episode 15
Episode 16
Episode 17
Episode 18
Episode 19
Episode 20
Episode 21 (Part1)
Episode 21 (Part2)
Episode 21 (Part3)
Episode 22
Episode 23
Episode 24
Episode 25
Episode 26
Episode 27
Episode 28
Episode 29
Episode 30
Episode 31
Episode 31 (Part 2)
Episode 31 (Part 3)
Episode 32
Episode 34
Episode 35
Episode 36
Episode 37
Episode 38
Episode 39
Episode 40
Episode 41
Episode 42
Episode 43
Episode 44
Episode 45
Episode 46
Episode 47
Episode 48
Episode 49
Episode 50
Episode 51
Episode 52
Episode 53
Episode 54
Episode 55
Episode 56
Episode 57
Episode 58
Episode 59
Episode 60
Episode 61

Episode 33

402 20 4
By Vdelphine

I take a deep breath, wiping the tears from my cheek before stepping out of my room. Attempting to compose myself, I clear my throat and make my way towards Adie's room, as dinner time draws near. Upon exiting, I find Adie already in the living room with her beloved furry companion, Coco. Seeing her bright smile offers a small respite from my pain. Catching sight of me, she shifts her attention and calls out my name amidst her giggles.

"Jennie!" she chirps with gentle laughter.

"Hello there. Have you finished your homework?" I inquire as I approach her.

"Yes, all done," she replies promptly, wrapping her arms around my waist in a warm embrace that soothes my heart. She gazes up at me, her smile radiant.

"Thank you, Jennie. You're the best," she declares.

"Why?" I gently inquire, resting my hand on her head.

"Because you always give me everything I need and... being my beautiful protector," she adds softly, a small smile of warmth spreading across my face in response.

"You're welcome, Adie," I say, patting her head affectionately and giving her a wink. "So, for this lovely evening, how about pizza for dinner?" I suggest with a smirk, eliciting a delighted jump from her.

"Yay, pizza!" she exclaims, hopping excitedly and shouting, which elicits giggles from me at her adorable enthusiasm.

"Alright then, go grab your coat. Let's head to the pizza shop," I say with a chuckle, and she swiftly scampers off to her room to fetch her coat. I too retrieve my coat from my room. Ensuring Coco to snug in his basket before we both vanish from our apartment. Opting for a leisurely walk rather than driving, we stroll hand in hand along the bustling downtown road, taking in the sights and sounds. After a few minutes, we reach the pizza shop. I hold the door open for Adie, and together we step inside.

Upon entering, the tantalizing aroma of pizza greets our senses, intensifying our hunger. Adie eagerly tugs at my hand and rushes towards the counter. However, it's a bit too high for her to reach, so I lift her into my arms to place our order.

"What can I get for you, little one?" the waitress asks with a warm smile upon seeing Adie in my arms. Adie carefully studies the menu before deciding on her order.

"Right away, little miss," the waitress responds with a smile, entering the order into the computer. She then provides us with the order number before we make our way to a table tucked away in a cozy corner near the window.

"You made a great choice, Adie," I remark, affectionately tousling her hair, eliciting giggles from her. We pass the time waiting for our order by engaging in light conversation and observing the bustling London streets outside the window.

After a few minutes, a waiter approaches our table with our extra cheesy pizza and two drinks. He sets them down with a nod, to which I respond in kind, and then disappears back into the kitchen. We eagerly dig into our dinner, exchanging small talk and laughter until our stomachs are comfortably full.

As we prepare to leave the shop, Adie gives a small wave to the waitress, who returns the gesture with an extra flying kiss. We exit the shop, content and satisfied after a delightful evening of pizza and companionship.

"We'll need to grab some cat food for Coco," I mention as we exit the shop and start walking. She also gives me a nod in agreement.

 "Come on, let's get some stuff for Coco," I say, gently tugging Adie's hand as we head towards the nearest grocery store. Inside, I search for kitten food and supplies, with Adie eagerly joining me in browsing the aisles.

Just as I'm about to reach for a can of cat food, my phone buzzes in my pocket. I quickly retrieve it and see a message from the terms management team at Oxford. They're responsible for organizing our weekly lecture titles, ensuring everything is prepared well in advance. This allows us to focus on teaching without distractions.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Hello, Professor Alison, this is Bruce from the management team. I hope I'm not interrupting your holiday evening," he says formally.

"No, it's fine, Bruce," I reply.

"Thank you, Miss Alison. Could I have the titles for the upcoming week?" he asks.

I swiftly provide him with the details of my plans for the week ahead, including scheduling practice sessions with students. Bruce takes note of everything efficiently, ensuring that the necessary arrangements are made.

"Everything's noted, Miss Alison. Do you have any further instructions?" Bruce inquires.

"Not at the moment, it's all perfect as it is," I reply.

"Thank you, Miss Alison. Have a pleasant evening," Bruce bids before ending the call.

"You too, Bruce," I add before hanging up. After ending the call, I realize that I need to prepare for the practice session at Lexa's cafe workshop. Quickly grabbing a few cans of kitten food, I head to the counter to pay. Adie and I then make our way to Lexa's cafe.

As usual, Lexa has left for the day, leaving Dan to manage the cafe. We enter and Adie heads straight to the counter while I close the door behind us. Turning towards the counter, I notice a customer placing an order. When the customer turns around, I'm surprised to see none other than Lewis. Lewis Hamilton.

"Lewis!" I greet him with a smile as I walk over to the counter.

"Hey, Jen!" he responds, opening his arms for a hug. I reciprocate, feeling his strong embrace wrap around me.

"It's been a while, hasn't it?" he remarks as we break the hug. I nod in agreement.

"Yes, since the last time we met at Adie's school, right?" I add, and he nods in recognition. He then turns his attention to Adie and greets her as well.

"Hello, Adie," he says, bowing slightly to her.

"Hello, Mr. Lewis," Adie responds with a soft smile, which elicits a chuckle from him.

"What brings you here this time, Jen?" Dan asks as he prepares Lewis's order.

"I forgot my project that I've been working on. Left it in the workshop room and had to come back to retrieve it," I explain with a sigh of exhaustion.

"You really need to consider getting another apartment; your workshop is going to overflow with your paintings," Dan remarks, shooting me a knowing glance, to which I respond with a playful eye-roll. As Dan and I engage in a brief eye-contact battle, Lewis joins in on our conversation.

"Oh, I remember," Lewis says, prompting us to turn our attention towards him. It seems he's had a sudden realization or idea.

"Jen, I wanted to ask you for some help," he continues, looking directly at me.

"Sure," I reply swiftly, curious about what he has in mind.

"It's about an environmental campaign," he explains, and I nod in understanding. "A really close friend of mine is involved in a campaign to protect Bees," he adds.

"Oh, I see," I respond, intrigued.

"Yeah, so he's trying to build some bee houses. He needs volunteers to paint them and also some fresh youth ideas for his campaign," Lewis explains further. "So, if you're interested, would you like to help?"

"Of course, Lewis, that sounds like a wonderful cause. I'd be happy to help," I accept eagerly, as I genuinely enjoy participating in such campaigns.

"Glad to hear that, Jen," Lewis replies with a smile.

"So, where can I connect with the campaign?" I inquire.

"Well, you don't have to connect specifically because I believe he'll also be at the paddock tomorrow for the race. You can meet him there directly," Lewis explains.

"Is he also a Formula 1 driver?" I ask, seeking clarification. Lewis nods in agreement.

"He was... he's retired now," he confirms, taking a sip of his drink. I nod in understanding.

"But how do I meet with him in the paddock?" I ask with a slight frown, prompting a soft chuckle from Lewis.

"Don't worry about that, Jen. All you have to do is come here at 9 tomorrow, and there will be transportation arranged for you," he says with a smirk. 

"Are you already prepared transportation for me?" I asked with widen eyes and look at Dan and him at the same time. 

"Yeah. Absolutely" he replied with grin. Though still a bit confused but I agree to his plan. We continue our conversation for a few more moments before Lewis prepares to leave.

"I have to go now," he says, offering us a small smile. "Don't forget, Jen. Tomorrow at 9, okay?" he reminds me with a wink before swiftly exiting the cafe.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.8K 545 27
𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 she is Daniel Ricciardos sister. She is the less successful, living in the shadow of her brother. Daniel races for McLaren along side...
169K 2.9K 34
"Because you guys don't look at each-other with butterflies and happiness. You look at each other with reality but at the same time there's a fairyta...
20.4K 498 15
I'm a young girl whose life turns 180° degrees in the blink of an eye. I had a less than normal life in Marseille. Until the car accident that change...
375K 8.5K 50
~ '𝐇𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐭 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐢𝐦, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐚 𝐟𝐥𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐡𝐞𝐫' ~ ❝You know I'll w...