We're in This Together

By Vdelphine

An Artist Girl Jennifer Alison , who is taking care of 5 years old kid Adeline Alison as Her daughter. One d... More

PROLOGUE
Episode 1
Episode 2
Episode 3
Episode 4
Episode 5
Episode 6
Episode 7
Episode 8
Episode 9
Episode 10
Episode 11
Episode 12
Episode 13
Episode 14
Episode 15
Episode 17
Episode 18
Episode 19
Episode 20
Episode 21 (Part1)
Episode 21 (Part2)
Episode 21 (Part3)
Episode 22
Episode 23
Episode 24
Episode 25
Episode 26
Episode 27
Episode 28
Episode 29
Episode 30
Episode 31
Episode 31 (Part 2)
Episode 31 (Part 3)
Episode 32
Episode 33
Episode 34
Episode 35
Episode 36
Episode 37
Episode 38
Episode 39
Episode 40
Episode 41
Episode 42
Episode 43
Episode 44
Episode 45
Episode 46
Episode 47
Episode 48
Episode 49
Episode 50
Episode 51
Episode 52
Episode 53
Episode 54
Episode 55
Episode 56
Episode 57
Episode 58
Episode 59

Episode 16

839 21 0
By Vdelphine

"How was your presentation?" Adie asked me with full of curious while she was stepping around in the kitchen while I was making dinner for us. 

"Well, it was going well" I softly answered and trying to focus on making steak. 

"Adie, try this" I pick up a small piece of steak from the pan and give it to Adie. " Careful, it is hot" I swiftly added before she put it into her mouth. She makes a small blow up to the piece, she puts it into her mouth to test the taste. 

"Is that good?" I asked her while she was chewing carefully. Then, she immediately gives me a thump up with huge smile. 

"It is perfect, Jenni" she added with huge smile. 

"Alright then, please take your seat for dinner Little Miss" I said with little chuckles. She swiftly runs up towards the dinning table and climbs up to her chair. As soon as she took her own seat, I put a bowl in front of her which has a delicious healthy food for dinner. 

Dinner :

"Wow, mushroom with steak! I Love it" Adie shouted out in happiness. I also let out chuckles at her cuteness. 

"Well, please enjoy your dinner Miss Adeline" I give her a wink and we both having our dinner. While we both having our dinner with small conversations about our day , my phone buzzed from the call. I swiftly get up from the table and grab my phone to pick up. It was from Lexa. 

"Hello Lex" I answered.

"Hey, Jenni are you home?" she said. Her tone was in hurry. 

"Of course, we at home now. Is there something wrong?" I asked softly. 

"Yeah, my aunt fell down from the stairs and now she is at the hospital" she said. I gasped in shock and sorrow .

"So, I have to go now and Dan is also not here at the shop" she paused " So, If you are ok with that, can you come up to my Cafe....cause there is a few customers left" she said. 

"Of course Lexa. I will come" I swiftly ended the call and put my dinner plate into the sink. 

"Something wrong?" Adie asked with curious. "We need to go to Lexa's Cafe Adie" I quickly rush into my room to get my jacket and Adie's one. Adie also swiftly climb down from the chair and follow towards me. As I put on my jacket, I also helped to Adie with her jacket. 

"Come on Adie" we both quickly disappeared from our apartment. We both swiftly runs towards the cafe which is only a few blocks away. Lexa was already standing outside, while we both arrived at her cafe. 

"Hey Jen. Sorry about that to disrupted your night" she said.

"No Lex. It is not a problem just take care yourself and your aunt" I give her a small hug before she swiftly gets into her car and drove away. Me and Adie let out a soft sigh in sync cause we both have to run up towards the cafe. "Come on, lets get inside" I softly took her hand and we both walks into the cafe.

"Thank you, have a sweet dream" I make a greeting to the last customer with smile. It was almost nearly 8:30. So, I have to clean up the shop to close it. So, I walk up to the table to gather up empty cups to wash up and close the shop. As I took a trey of empty cups and walk back to the sink , Adie was drawing some sketches on the drawing book that I give it to her from my workshop room. 

"Adie, do you want Milk?" I asked her while I was washing up the dishes and cups. 

"Yes, I want one Jenni" she swiftly answered. "Cold or Hot?" I added again. She took a small silent as thinking about perfect choice for her milk. After a few seconds later, she answered with her cute little voice. 

"I want Hot one" she said. 

"Good Choice" I mumbled to her and start to warm up the milk on the stove. I also want my midnight caffeine. So, I also start to prepare for my milky coffee. While I was preparing for our drinks, suddenly the bell goes off and signaling someone entered into the cafe. I swiftly look up at with confused cause I thought I had put  the closed sign, but turns out I haven't. 

But, all of the above the customer was none of the other it was the one who always has huge smile over his face. It was Daniel Riccardo. 

He looks at me with confused face and said " Sorry- are you closed?". I swiftly shake my head. 

"Not really, but almost" I said with small giggles. 

"Wow, I think I am the lucky one fore today I guess" he also said with giggles and steps toward the counter.  "Hello, Adie" he also greeted to Adie with huge smile and wave. Adie also returned him with smile and wave before he makes the order. 

"So, what can I get for you?" I asked him. I look at to the menu with carefully.

"What is good for the night vibe" he asked. " I don't know for the night vibe. But, to be honest I think my milky coffee is the best for all the time." I said with chuckles. 

"Oh, really? Then, can I try one?" he said with huge smile. 

"Sure, why not" I paused " Take away or..." before I finish my words he swiftly answered.

"Can I have this here" he paused "I mean, you are about to close right? So...I also have a time for tonight" he said while he rubbing his back of neck in nervousness. I let out small giggles at him.

"Is ok Daniel, have a seat then" I pointed out towards the table. I also quickly walk up towards the door and change the sign into closed. When I turn my heel back to the counter, Daniel was already sitting at the same table with Adie. A small smile quickly flashed over my face as I took a step back to the counter. While I was making 2 cups of milky coffee, I can hear some giggling voice come up from Adie and Daniel. I put 2 cups of milky coffee and hot milk into the tray and directly walk up to table to join with them.

"Here you go" I said and put the tray onto the table. "One milky coffee for Daniel and hot milk for Adie" I said with smile and put the tray onto another table by grabbing my mug. 

"Thank you" they both said in sync which make me in giggles. Daniel take a quick sip to taste the coffee. As he take a sip, his eyes go widen in amaze.

"Damn...what a nice combo of this" he said. I let out chuckles.

"Told ya. That's why it is my all time favorite" I also take a sip of my coffee and said. He gives me a nod in agreement. 

"So, what brings you to here in this late Daniel?" I asked curiously as I lean my elbows forward the table while Adie was minding on her own drawing. 

"Well, the weather is pretty good for night walk. So, I take a walk around the downtown and then, I ended up with this cafe" he said with small giggles. I also give him nod with small giggles.

"So, what about you Jen?" he asked me by calling my nickname. 

"Ah...I came here cause of Lexa" I paused "She got an emergency call from her aunt before the shop is closed and Dan is also not here. So, ...here I am" I give him a small smile and said. 

"Oh, I see" he said in nods. Then, we both have our sip of coffee. 

"So, how old are you Adie?" Daniel ask with his huge smile. The way he call us with our nicknames is pretty adorable and comfortable . Adie swiftly turns her attention back to Daniel and said. 

" I am Five years old" she said with her huge smile and looks at me. I also give her a small pat onto her head with wink. "So, you always take her with you everywhere?" he asked. I give him a nod in agreement. 

"Yeah" I shortly answered with lower voice. 

" We live together alone" while I was struggling about his question, Adie swiftly answered with her smile. As soon as he heard about what she said, his eyes go soften. But, he quickly lighten up the conversation with letting out small chuckles. 

"Oh, really " he gives her a huge smile in which Adie also returned him. "What a cute girl!" he gives her small pats on to her head. Then, he returned his attention back to me.

"How was your teaching at Oxford Jen?" he makes up the conversation again. 

"Well, it is pretty good" I said with small smile. " But, the really struggling one is making a speech for nearly 3 hours straight" I added with shrugging shoulder. He lets out a laugh at my words.

"I can feel about that Jen" he said. I also let out a laugh in my own word. 

"But at least you are doing your favorite hobby as your career." he added again. I quickly shake my head to make an objection about his statement. 

"Not a favorite hobby actually" I added. He frowned in confuse at my answered. 

"Really! Why?" he asked again.

"Well, maybe most of the people will be kind of like that. But, I am not" I let out small giggles and said.

" I don't understand. I mean..." he paused and shakes his head " Then, why did you start painting?" he asked again. But this time, he asked with full of curiousness. 

"Well, I start painting... to show up my feelings to others" I softly said and look up at him while he was already looking into my eyes with soften. I let out a huge sigh before I make a conversation again.

" I am not very good at telling people how I feel" I paused .

"So...I put them into my paintings to speak out my feelings" I added again with soft tone by avoiding his gaze.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

366K 8.3K 50
~ '๐‡๐ž ๐ฌ๐ž๐ญ ๐Ÿ๐ข๐ซ๐ž ๐ญ๐จ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฐ๐จ๐ซ๐ฅ๐ ๐š๐ซ๐จ๐ฎ๐ง๐ ๐ก๐ข๐ฆ, ๐›๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ก๐ž ๐ง๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ ๐ฅ๐ž๐ญ ๐š ๐Ÿ๐ฅ๐š๐ฆ๐ž ๐ญ๐จ๐ฎ๐œ๐ก ๐ก๐ž๐ซ' ~ โYou know I'll w...
219K 3.5K 26
Enzo Elodi Wolff, Daughter of Toto Wolff. An internet sensation that every girl wants to be. In love with the opposing teams driver? ๐Ÿ”ธInstagram st...
83.5K 1.2K 18
Charles comes home one day to find his girlfriend sitting on the couch with a little girl, who got dropped off at the door with a note claiming she w...
31.7K 719 67
"๐˜›๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ด ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ. ๐˜›๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ด ๐˜ข ๐˜ฅ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ. ๐˜ ๐˜ซ๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฆ๐˜น๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ค๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ...