We're in This Together

By Vdelphine

An Artist Girl Jennifer Alison , who is taking care of 5 years old kid Adeline Alison as Her daughter. One d... More

PROLOGUE
Episode 1
Episode 2
Episode 3
Episode 4
Episode 5
Episode 6
Episode 7
Episode 8
Episode 9
Episode 10
Episode 12
Episode 13
Episode 14
Episode 15
Episode 16
Episode 17
Episode 18
Episode 19
Episode 20
Episode 21 (Part1)
Episode 21 (Part2)
Episode 21 (Part3)
Episode 22
Episode 23
Episode 24
Episode 25
Episode 26
Episode 27
Episode 28
Episode 29
Episode 30
Episode 31
Episode 31 (Part 2)
Episode 31 (Part 3)
Episode 32
Episode 33
Episode 34
Episode 35
Episode 36
Episode 37
Episode 38
Episode 39
Episode 40
Episode 41
Episode 42
Episode 43
Episode 44
Episode 45
Episode 46
Episode 47
Episode 48
Episode 49
Episode 50
Episode 51
Episode 52
Episode 53
Episode 54
Episode 55
Episode 56
Episode 57
Episode 58
Episode 59
Episode 60
Episode 61

Episode 11

1.3K 31 2
By Vdelphine

"So, you want to on a date with Susan. That's why you are asking advice from me?" I said with giggles to one of my student while I was sitting in the University canteen for my lunch break. I was sitting in the middles of students. There is another students also sitting around us.

"Yes, professor. Please help me with that" he said with pleading eyes. "Why would you think I could help you with that?" I let out chuckles. 

"Cause you are the youngest professor in here. All of the entire compound" he added while we all let out a laugh. I shake my hand in chuckles. 

"That's no the point Dude. I am Art Professor not a Love Professor" before I try to grab my plate and get up, he added again. "But, you seem you are really good at showing your feelings." he slowly mumbled but enough to hear. Those words paused my steps for a while until I slightly turn towards him in a sigh.

"I am not good at telling people about my feelings. That's why I just put them into paintings" I directly look into his eyes and said. "But being my student I can give you one advice" I fully turn towards him. All of the students sit up a little and carefully listen up for my words. 

"Just be yourself and just tell her the truth. Your pure truth, your pure feelings" I give him a small pat over his shoulder and walk towards the canteen counter. "Thank you" I said to the cook with smile. Then, I directly walk up to Teachers' room to grab my things and bag for next Lecture time. 

"Hey, Alison" one of the teacher said with smiles. 

"Hello, Miss Alba" I also returned her with smiles. "I am really proud for you cause you never miss your Lecture time, not even the second" she said while sipping her coffee. I give her a nod in agreement. "Yeah, I have to be in time cause I have to pick up Adie on time" I added with small smile. 

"I see..., is she your daughter?" she asked with curious. I paused for a few seconds before I made a respond. "Yeah" I gives her a small smile and grab my bag. 

"Where is her Dad?" she added again before I try to storm out from the room. I let out a small sigh and turn towards her. 

"He was passed away for a few years ago. So, I have to care her alone for my entire and all days, weeks ,months and years" I answered with straighten tone. She was looking at me with jaw dropped. 

"Anything else?" I asked her again. She shakes her head quickly. "No, I am sorry about ..." before she finished her words, I swiftly walk out from the room and directly walk up to the Lecture Room. 

'Why cant they just mind to their own business' I mumbled to myself and walks into the hall.

For today , it was the same topic as yesterday to teach 3rd years students. It took a little bit faster than the other day. I still have a few more time to pick up Adie on time. I put my parking into the primary school parking and walk up into the school. "Hello there" I make a greeting to the receptionist. "Oh, Miss Alison. You are early today" she swiftly walks out from the reception room and walks towards me to give me a hug. "Yeah, I got a few moments to check up on Adie" I give her a wink with giggles. She gives me a nod in acknowledge. "Then, come with me" she gestured me to follow with her. We both walk through many classrooms until we paused our steps at the corner of the room. 

"I think they are still teaching" she whispered to me. I give her a small nod and we both peak into the classroom from window to check up on Adie. As soon as I spotted her little appearance, a huge smile splash over my face. She was listening carefully to the Math teacher. "There she is" a reception teacher pointed out to Adie. "Yeah, I see" I give her a small whisper and nod. Then, we both keep peaking into the classroom. All of the kids shouted out and answer the question.

"Ok, for now who can solve this one" the teacher said and put the question onto the whiteboard.

"Ok, who wants to answer this question" the teacher called out. As soon as she said, a small hand appeared into the air with familiar small voice. 

"Me, teacher" Adie puts her hand up to answer the question. "Ok Adeline, come here my dear" teacher called out to solve the answer. Adie swiftly stands up from her small chair and walks towards the board. 

'Go Adie...Go!" I softly mumbled to myself.

Adie walks towards the board with full of confidence and solve the question. "What a brilliant girl!" the teacher make a compliment about Adie's answer. "Let's give Adeline our applause claps" all of the students and teacher give her applause claps. We both also make small claps from the outside. A huge proud smile put over my face. 

" You both are really lovely Jennifer" the teacher said who is standing with me. I turn my attention back to her.

"You are really really fabulous Guardian for Adeline" she gives me a soft smile. 

"No one can love like you... for non blood related kid as 'Mother' " she softly added. I shake my head slightly. 

"I never thought like that" I softly rejected her statement. 

"DNA doesn't make a family" I softly said.

"Adie is my kid. She also known like that. That's why it will never change...no matter what" I added with smile while I was looking at Adie from the window. Her face go soften and slightly grabs my hands into her. 

" You are a good person Jennifer. God will always watching on you" she slightly rubbing my hands. "Thank you" I gives her a smile and look into her teary eyes. While be both sharing small conversation, the school bell rings up for end of the day. As soon as the bell ring, all of the school compound filled with voices. Also the classroom that we are peaking into is also opened and all of the small kids walk out from the room. 

"Adie!" I called out her name from behind before she swiftly runs out to the main entrance. 

"Jenni!" she quickly turns her heel towards me and runs towards me. "Come here" I bow my upper body to pick her up into my arms. " You are so early today Jenni" she said with giggles. "Yeah, I want to make a big surprise on you that's why I sneak out from Oxford" I said with chuckles in which she also did too. 

"Hello Miss Lily" Adie turns toward the teacher and make a greeting. 

"Hello there, my sweetie" she also returned with smile. After her greeting, Adie swiftly turns her attention towards me again. "Jenni did you saw that, I solve the question about teacher ask" she said while she was holing my shoulder tightly. 

"Oh, really. I didn't saw that" I try to pretended my best that I don't have no idea about what I saw. I give a small wink to Lily before we directly walk out from the entrance to our car. All of the whole driving to Lexa's cafe was filled of Adie's voice. She was so excited while she was telling about her solved question. 

"What a brilliant girl!" I make a compliment with huge smile. "Thank you Jenni" she swiftly responded with small giggles. She was really happy for her hardworking. "Why don't you want to tell this to Auntie Lexa?" I said with huge smile at her. As soon as she heired about Lexa, her eyes become more wider in happiness. "Yay!, I am gonna tell this to Auntie Lexa" she shouted out softly in amusement. I let out a chuckles and stopped my engine while we both arrived in front of the cafe. When I open the cafe door swiftly, Adie called out Lexa name like she always did. 

"Auntie Lexa!" she called out and runs towards the counter by passing through the group of men who are standing in the line for order. 

"Careful Adie, don't  run" I yelled out in chuckles. She was totally excited to tell about her day to Lexa. I can clearly hear Lexa's raspy voice and Adie's cute voice coming up from the counter while I was taking my steps to the counter. I take a quick glance to the group of line before I took off my coat. They are already looking at me with huge smile when I put my quick glance over them. They were Charles, Daniel , Lando and George. 

"Hello Jennifer" they all greeted in sync. 

"Oh, hello guys." I give them a wide smile. We all staring up each other until Adie showed up from behind and hugs my lower waist with her small hands. It caught me off and I turn my glance down to her small figure immediately.

"Can I have Ice Cream Jenni?" she looks up at me and asked me with pleading eyes. I put on a hug smile and softly pat her head. "Sure, you can have but promise me that you wont eat too much. Just only one ball" I said. She swiftly gives me a nod in agreement and huge smile. I also give her a wink. Then, she quickly disappeared into the counter again whilst I was looking at her with huge smile. 

I am not my mother ... I am not even her mother too. But, I will be better one of them for Adie.

She deserves to be a Child ...that I never had a chance to be. 

While Jennifer was staring at to little Adeline , the 4 men who are also already locking up their eyes on to them. To Jennifer and her little girl Adeline.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

236K 4.7K 19
"𝓘𝓯 𝓘 𝓬𝓪𝓷. 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓵𝓵. 𝓮𝓷𝓭 𝓸𝓯 𝓭𝓲𝓼𝓬𝓾𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓸𝓷 Norah had worked her entire life up to this moment. Driving for a formula one team was...
240K 5K 18
Kalani and Charles have one night together, an indescribable night, however its soon forcefully forgotten when reality crashes down on them. At just...
30.4K 606 20
Jules Bianchi, the guy she admired with everything she had. The best father she could ever ask for. The best driver on the grid. The savior of many...
26.8K 403 28
Elena Laurier grew up dreaming of one day becoming a Formula 1 racing driver, but in the unfortunate world of today, participating in such a male-dom...