MATED TO THE NIGHT WOLF (MTTN...

By mckaylachinyamaqueen

Shade Shadows is what the pack calls a Keffer, a cursed name for a being without a wolf and therefore denied... More

MTTNW
DEDICATION
HEIRARCHY
[1.1] SLAVE
[2.1] THE NIGHT COURT
[3.1] ARC WOLVES
[4.1] THE EYES IN THE SHADOWS
[5.1] THE ARC ALPHA
[6.1] A GIFT OF A CURSE
[7.1] THE MASTER
[8.1] DECIEVER
[9.1] A KEFFERS LUCK
[10.1] A KINGS FRIEND
[11.1] A TRUST TO BUILD
[12.1] A WAR IS WHISPERED
[13.1] A SECRET MEET
[14.1] A FRIENDSHIP TO YEILD
[15.1] CRISTON THE CRUEL
[16.1] THE DIAMOND RAVEN
[17.1] THE OTHER MATE
[18.1] A ROGUES FRIEND
[19.1] FOOLS AMONGST FOOLS
[20.1] A KEFFERS DREAM
[21.1] A DYING HOPE
[22.1] DIANE
[23.1] A MASTERS PLAY
[24.1] THE KINGS GUARD
[25.1] BOUNDERIES
[26.1] ALEXANDER THE PRIME
[27.1] VAELN
[28.1] MONSTER ACROSS THE SEA
[29.1] THE HUMAN
[31.1] A NEW FRIEND?
[32.1] TROUBLE
[33.1] IMPRINT
[33.1] ADZAR
[34.1] THE ELVES
[35.1] CURTESY
[36.1] THE GLOW
[37.1] FIRE AND ICE (part-one)
[39.1] THE JOURNAL
[40.1] THE 8TH NIGHT WOLF (part-one)
[41.1] THE 8TH NIGHT WOLF (part-two)
[42.1] THE 8TH NIGHT WOLF (part 3)
[43.1] GREENWOOD (part-one)

[38.1] FIRE AND ICE (part-two)

2K 156 72
By mckaylachinyamaqueen

•|•|•
A new age begins, and the cycle repeats.
•|•|•
[KAYOS]

The Portal creaks with haunting whispers as I walk through. The shadows his my true name, enticing. Their voices are cold and wistful. They pull at my robe, and tug, grazing my feet, until I walk out and the whispers fade behind me, the portal closing.

Only one shadow remains glued to my side. Alchest climbs up to my shoulder. I glance at him momentarily, my gaze shifting to our surroundings.

It is as I thought. A blood bath.

The narrow hallway lined only by torches spans a good length and in it lies the carnage left by the creature.

There is no death, however.

It seems this creature wasn't out to kill. Instead, there is an array of bodies writhing in pain. Slashes and marks. Aid has come to them, and healers are trying their best to do what they can.

It is clear they were caught in prepared, however, it is a lesson well learned.

Despite their pain, as soon as my presence is known, groans grow quiet, and shivers across their spines.

They are deep cuts I see. Gashes and incisions.

I notice that the wolves are not healing as fast as they should either.

Blood is mapped across the walls. A wolf without his fingers is groaning, slumped against the wall, his hand to heart, horror dancing in his eyes. I glance at him and his pain.

He looks up at me and instantly freezes. Lips a notable quiver, and his groans become still, only his body is what quakes.

"The creature?"

He points a shaky bloodied hand in one direction. As I leave I can hear him muffle a scream. But the Calvary has arrived a healer to his aid, and the sound of armor as other guards arrived.

I am lost to this. I find myself in the throne room, just following the blood splatters and the smell of smoke and ash in the air.

Something else far more foul as if that of a decayed corpse exploring the air.

My gaze trails around the carnage in the throne room. More or less, more bodies. I am unsure if they are dead or alive. I have no patience to look.

All that catches my eyes is Fir, slumped against his throne. His head rolled forward, I did not hear a breath on his lips.

It is quiet. A nice quiet.

I stare at Firdons Figure, with a sigh, my gaze shifting the length of the room, at the groaning guard before glancing back at him.

"Is it done then? Am I finally rid of you?" I ask.

Silence reigns between us and then— to my utmost dismay, but expectation,

Fir's head rolls back, and he takes out a breath. One that shapes a wicked grin on his face and splurges into a fountain of laughter.

It echoes across the room until it does and he sighs finally looking at me, with his amber gaze, "Come on, you have to try harder than that, Kayos." he huffs.

I let out a breath to rid my frustration. "So it seems."

Firdon's grin expands and there is something sinister in the way she shows his teeth, taking out the skull of the creature that lay in his lap, whose dark flesh he burned off. His gaze narrows at it, lazily, "So this is the creature."

I glance at the pile of bones that sit at the foot of his throne, noting the foul stench emulated from it. "It was."

"Huh.." he trails off, studying the specimen, "ugly." he snorts, tossing the skull to his side. He stands and stretches, running a hand through his hair to which he gags at the ash that litters it, seemingly disgusted.

I do not respond to his statement, turning slightly to Alchests' low whispers in my ear.

"Is that your little pet shadow? What was his name- Alan, Alex? Alden?" Firdon speaks as he ascends the stairs to his throne, still brushing specks off of him, "Whatever he is, is he dwarfed? Still, the annoying sprite he was 15 years ago." His gaze flashes at Alchest and Alchest snarls at him before scampering off.

"And where is it off to? You're breaking the treaty by simply being here Kayos, considering the carnage you're also responsible for..." he trailed off, gaze shifting across the bodies in his throne room, and the sound of guards marching in, he turned to me as if bored, "Must you also spy?"

Ignoring him again, and knowing it won't be the last, I make my intentions known.

"Fir, there is one reason you were summoned. You've seen the threat. Understand that if only one of these creatures can send you huffing and puffing, then more of these are certainly not in your favor."

He grins lazily at me, then sits up, pointing at me for a moment as if in a deep study. His brown locks sweep across his face in the light breeze coming from the windows.

He's grown a beard since the last time I saw him. Sadly, it fails to make him more of a man.

His eyes narrow to me, "And you're sure you're not the origin of these... beings?"

I do not respond. He is taunting me. All the facts were relayed in the invitation.

His gaze shifts to mine, "Ah, but you're so alike. Both..so...." he trailed off, shaking his head for a moment, "what's the word..." he hums. He waits a quiet moment before his gaze snaps back to mine.

"Soulless."

"I have a soul." I grit.

"Not one worthy enough to be paired." He sighed, "As all monstrous creatures are.." he sighed.

My jaw ticks. I will not deny that I can be monstrous. That does not offend me. But Fir does not forget to point out the curse that sits on my head. He has a way of taunting me, getting beneath my skin.

He knows this. And he enjoys it immensely.

"Who judges who is worthy? Selene? If you're the scale that she uses, I am not intimated. Neither do I care."

"Fair enough..." Firdon smiles, getting up rather enthusiastically.

A guard groans and Firs gaze snaps to him, and then to another Guard, his gone a brief diabolical bark. A glimpse of the true Fir beneath his otherwise sauntering facade.

"Get him out of here."

"Y-yes my lord."

The guard is quick. He knows when his limbs are at risk.

Fir watches this with a hint of irritation in his eyes, before they spark back to me, like a flick of a candle just as it is lit. The glow is a mirror of the malicious gleam in his eyes. With it, accompanies his smile. Nothing near sweet.

"Well, If you truly do not care, then perhaps you may consider my proposal."

I watch him carefully. But I remain silent.

He will speak either way.

"I've thinking.." he begins, eyes stopping at the time of bones for a moment before reaching mine, "that perhaps I have made you suffer enough."

There is suddenly a deeper heaviness in my chest and my wolf stirs within me.

"Perhaps..." he drags, "I will find my little mate now- so that we will make it a double occasion. You're marriage and mine."

My fists tighten. My wolf threatens to show. My jaw tightens as I try to keep him down. My attention returns to Firdon.

"Suffer? How, when it is your wolf under torture?"  I study him for a moment, "Do you not understand why you're so destructive, Fir? Do you not see that your wolf despises you? Is your spite of me, truly worth it?"

Firdon is a sick man. In his head and his heart. It is only a sick man who thinks the way he does. Who can voluntarily do- what he has done?

He does not respond to my question. But glances up at me, still cheerful. "Is that yes on the double wedding?"

I roll my eyes, "You're a foolish man, Fir. Killing you would be a favor to your mate."

He hums at this, "But how will she thank you for a service so great? Only I know where she exists."

My lips harden into a thin line. The rage within me grows, and hate gathers in my eyes.

By the endless, I know that Fir is mad. Surely it is only a madman who would harbor a hatred so great that it surpasses even that of the mate bond. But Still, I can not hide the urge to strangle him.

How could his hate for me be enough to lead to extents unimaginable just to taunt me?

For he knows where his mate is. He has known longer than any of us.

For the last 10 years, he has always known.

I am certain he knows exactly where she resides, and with whom she resides.

And yet, he does not go to her. He does not claim her. He remains as far from her as if she does not exist. As if he too is cursed.

He knows that it irks me that someone can be that foolish.

I stare at him. My fists tighten. I do, with all my heart believe the world is better without the Fire Wolf, but he is part of the balance. Killing him could cause chaos. Sometimes I think it is worth it.

"How unfortunate," I grit.

I can not stay a moment longer or I know I will throw him off the balcony this time and watch him plummet to his death.

Touching an Arc in that way is a direct act of war. There is already one war big enough for all of us. Losing him, whilst enticing would be a shame.

I turned away, walking toward the portal. The shadows gather at my command once more.

I do not dare look at him, as my wolf reveals himself in my eyes, and my fangs graze my teeth, "I will need an answer, Fir.  Do not make me return."

Alchest scampers into the portal, and it closes after me.

—————————-

When the portal opens once more, I am standing on the flat-open balcony of a palace. It is grand and extravagant. There is much light and though I know I am in the Ice Court, there is warmth in every corner.

My gaze snaps to that of Dane. He stands right against the balcony overlooking his kingdom. He is quiet, and his snow-white hair ripples in the breeze. He glances down and then he speaks.

"You did not have to come all the way here, Kayos. I meant to respond," Dane states, quietly, he sways slightly from side to side.

"It is not a matter that can wait."

Dane takes out a short breath and turns to me. I freeze at what I see, and I stare at him in a new light. In his arms, cradled in warmth is a newborn pup. His skin is pale like his father, his eyes are grey, a lighter shade from Danes.

My gaze trails back to Dane and he raises an eyebrow. Then smiles back down at the child in his arms.

"I wished to grant Bella and, Little Caspian here a brief moment of normalcy before I informed them, the world is turning to shit."

I purse my lips as he cradles the child, a smile is ingrained on his face, his white hair blowing softly in the wind that whisks atop the highest balcony of the Ice Court.

My heart clenches at the sight, "I did not-"

"Know that Bella was with child?" Dane finishes with a hum.

He glances at me, "The treaty has been true to its terms then. We have stayed out of each other's businesses."

I nod at this, and I stare at the scene before me. It is an echo of a want cradled in mine.

"You have an heir," I state. The words feel foreign and lonely against my lips.

"The first of this generation. Yes." He smiles once more, "I am... in awe." He looks at me, "And I have never been more in love."

I stare at him at his words and nod, but I feel as if I am not present anymore. All the anger I had cropped because of Fir had dissipated.

Instead, I fought against the constriction in my chest.

"Dane?" A feminine voice hums.

Both our gazes stray to her.

Bella stands by the balcony doors. Her hair is down, flowing freely to her shoulders, dark as night, and her cheeks are rosy.

She is beautiful and now that she has borne the next heir of the Ice Court, I know there is nothing more important.

I have not seen Bella in five years. Her smile is prettier and her eyes are kind. For a moment, she reminds me of Shade. They both have a certain beauty about them, that can not be described by words.

"Kayos!" She gleams as her eyes find mine. She is notably surprised as she glides toward me, embracing me with a warm hug. It is a weird sensation.

I am reminded how much Bella loves to hug.

"I did not know you were coming."

I nod, "Neither did I."

"Kayos seems to be the only one allowed to break the treaty without consequence," Dane adds, tone slightly stern, but he is smiling, his eyes on his heir.

Somehow, I know that nothing can make him angry with his eyes on his heir and his mate beside him.

I find no fault in that. How can I?

Because another man lives my dreams.

Bella moves towards her pup, and Dane insists she must rest, but she is much more insistent on lifting her little one.

I watch them gush over the child. I have not said a word. I wonder if they realize that I am still here. I don't mind it, however.

I don't mind this image.

"Caspian," I state, tasting the name on my lips.

Their gazes snap at me.

My eyes trail from the child to theirs, "It is a strong name."

Bella smiles, but I can see it falter in her eyes for a moment. A hint of pity even she could not disguise.

It tugs at my heart.

"Thank you," she grins, looking down at her child before her eyes meet mine again.

"When did you hear about him? I told Dane we would tell you after your mating, but I forgot he really can not keep a secret," her gaze flashed to her mate, and Dane only grinned.

Her gaze returns.  "Still, You did not have come all this way. You have a wedding and a hunt to prepare."

My gaze shifts to Dane and he looks at me, a subtle note in his eyes.

I nod along, "It is an occasion with stalling for. I simply could not wait. It is... Quite a moment."

She looks at me and smiles again, nodding along to my statement.

My eyes return to the child. I am lost for a moment. And then I feel that I am in pain and my heart shifts.

I looked away, knowing I had to leave.

"Congratulations. That is all I wanted to say in person."

Bella's eyes are light. I understand why Dane wishes to keep her happy if not for a day longer.

"I will see you at the mating." I finish.

Her gaze falters, "You're leaving? So soon? Will you not stay longer? It's been five years."

I shake my head, "I have matters of urgency. But I truly am... happy for you." I state. It is as happy as I can be. No smile on my face. I do not remember how. But I am happy - only on their behalf.

She smiles and I glance at Dane. He understands and nods.

I move back into the portal. Disappearing out of sight.

•|•|•
Thanks for reading! Please leave a comment and vote!
•|•|•

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

567K 21.4K 41
Cathy is the omega of the Shade Pack; the runt, the failure, the disappointment. Things are never going to change- or so she thinks. A rogue pack...
206K 7.1K 33
One night changes Sierra's life forever when she loses everything except her toddler niece. In charge of the last six members of her pack, it is up...
69.3K 1.2K 33
Book 1 of Mate of the Alpha. Werewolves ruled the world. There were only a few more human villages left, and after a while, the wolves found out wher...
1.9M 73.4K 84
Over one hundred years ago, the supernatural came out of hiding. A Great War ensued, causing the human race to fall to the bottom of the food chain a...