his rose || aegon ii targarye...

By tooluvv

Aegon Targaryen x OC character. (under editing) #1 in #aegontargaryen #1 in #aegoniitargaryen Reina Tyrell... More

Description
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 40
Epilogue
Author's note
Happy Ending

Chapter 39

1.2K 40 2
By tooluvv

Reina screams loud as a midwife presses a wet cloth on her forehead. The pain is unbearable, too much for her to take.

Alicent wanted to help her, to be by her side, but the Queen snapped at her. Sending her away.

She only allowed Helaena to stay with her, along with the maester and midwives.

Not even Aegon...the way he lifted his sword into the air when people applauded him for usurping his sister's throne left a very bad taste on her tongue.

The King was broken when his sister told him that his wife, his beloved Reina, does not want him to be with her while she gives birth to their baby.

His heart broke. Piece by piece, falling along with his cursed crown. He slammed the door of their chambers and threw the object at the wall, wanting to destroy it, to make it disappear.

He sobbed while clutching her dress, his favourite dress of hers.

In that moment, Aegon realised that there is a chance that he might have lost her. For good. Forever.

He kissed his ring and continued crying while listening to her screams coming from the other room.

•••

Reina had been in the same position for seven hours. The baby does not come, nothing happened. She begins to get anxious, clutching her sister's hand and trying to breath normally and not let the thoughts of her dying fill her mind.

"Reina, please." Helaena pleads, holding back tears.

"Will I die?" the redhead sobs, looking straight into her violet eyes.

The Targaryen Princess shakes her head, "No, no. Do not say that. Aelon needs you, Aegon needs you-"

"Do not say his name-" Reina screams again.

She does not want to think about him in that moment, she does not want to think about her leaving the world, leaving him along with it. Their love becoming just a faint memory, after she will be buried.

"You will not die!" Helaena shouts at her, "You are strong, I know you can do it-" her voice cracks, covering her mouth to stop the sobs from coming.

•••

The maester knocks on the King's door.

Aegon raises up from the bed, clutching her pillow in his arms.

"Come in." his voice is weak.

When he sees the old man stepping in, he becomes alert, "Is it over? Do I...do I have a daughter?" a smile grows on his face as he already imagines his baby girl sleeping peacefully in his arms.

The other man shakes his head, looking down with sorrowful eyes.

"Is it a boy?" Aegon asks, still smiling.

"The Queen has a hard time, we do not know how to save her nor the child."

His smile fades away, he shakes his head, "No, no, no...You have to- You have to save her!" he exclaims.

"We tried, I fear only a miracle will save her." the maester tells him.

Aegon's heart breaks again, not only that she hates him now, but he will also lose her and his child. He cannot let her die, he will not let her die.

"Take me to her."

•••

Helaena leans against the headboard, holding Reina's body close as she tries to push the baby out of her body.

The door opens and Aegon steps in, taking in the sight of his wife crying and groaning from the pain. His hair is messy, his eyes are red and he looks devasted.

"Brother." his sister stands up from the bed.

"Is she dying?" the King whispers to her, holding back the tears from flowing down his cheeks.

Helaena sighs, "I do not want to think of the worst, but...there is a chance-" she is interrupted by another scream.

Aegon nods and walks past her, kneeling down by his wife's side, "My love." he caresses her forehead.

"Aegon." she breathes out, taking his hand from her head, clutching it in her own.

His heart breaks as she watches her. What will he do if she dies? How will he survive on his own?

"Do not leave me, please...I beg you." he sobs, kissing her palm.

"I am afraid, Aegon...I am afraid." she cries, groaning again in pain as a midwife inspects her.

"Call the maester!" the woman screams, making the King look at her scared.

"What happened? Is she alright? Tell me she is-" he begins to say, but Reina's voice interrupts him.

"I don't want to die. I don't want to die." she repeats, her words tearing at his heart.

He kisses her forehead and whispers, "I will not let you die, I promise you."

The maester bursts into the chamber, kneeling in front of her.

"Gods." he whispers, "I see the head!" the man announces.

"What?" Aegon asks.

"Our prayers had been heard, Your Grace."

The King laughs, looking down at his wife, "Reina, my love, you will survive. We will have another baby, we will be happy."

She shakes her head as she pushes.

"Push, Reina." Helaena says.

"The baby is almost coming out!" the maester informs them, making Aegon smile.

"You heard the maester, Reina? Our baby is almost here." he kisses her sweaty forehead.

Reina screams in pain as she pushes, wanting to just give birth already.

"I am sure is a girl, Your Grace. Only girls can cause this kind of trouble." the maester tries to joke, but he earns a glare from Aegon.

"Shut up!" Reina screams again, breathing heavily. She tries to say something, but another scream stops her.

"Push, my dear." the man between her legs yells.

"Yes, Reina. Listen to the maester." Helaena speaks, grabbing a wet cloth, wiping away some sweat from her neck and face.

With one more excruciating scream, Reina collapses on the bed, with her eyes closed. Aegon panics and slaps her cheek, thinking she fainted.

"Fuck you, Aegon." she whispers, making Aegon stop. His slaps were gentle, not hurting her. "You put me through this!"

"Shh.." he whispers back, kissing her hand again.

After more pushes and more screams, the maester yells, "One more time. One more time!"

Reina sighs and pushes harder than ever, screaming loudly, probably being heard by the whole capital.

A baby crying fills the room, making her smile weakly. Helaena giggles and congratulates the woman.

"You have a daughter." the midwife says.

"Did you hear that, Reina? We have a daughter!" Aegon squeals, kissing her face over and over again.

"What colour is her hair...?" she asks, her voice weak from all the screaming.

"She has her father's hair, a true Targaryen." the maester replies and hands the little girl to her father.

Reina nods, a little disappointed that her daughter did not have her hair, but she smiles anyway. She is glad everything is over.

"Look how tiny and beautiful she is..." Aegon whispers and shows her their child.

"Elaena." the redhead manages to say, making her husband laugh.

"Yes, a name fit for a Targaryen Princess."

The woman groans again in pain, not understanding what is happening.

"What is wrong?" Aegon asks her quickly and hands the baby to a midwife.

The maester kneels down, looking between her legs again, "Another one is coming."

"What? What do you mean another one?" Aegon yells.

"You have twins." a midwife says, patting his shoulder. The man looks around confused, how did he managed to have twins?

Reina screams again, this time the baby coming more easier than the first one.

"Another daughter, My King." the maester smiles, "With bright red hair and green eyes."

When the exhausted woman hears his words, she begins to cry. Aegon takes the other daughter in his arms, looking down at her.

"Reola." Reina breathes out, making her husband nod.

"Reola." he repeats the word, smiling. The baby is smaller than the first one, but just as beautiful.

He gives Reola to his wife and takes Elaena. He sits on the bed, next to Reina.

The mother kisses both of her daughters heads and allows the midwives to clean her.

•••

"Look, Reina. I am sorry for everything." Aegon says as soon as he steps into their chambers. His wife is resting against some pillows, still sore from the birth.

"I saw you, Aegon. You liked being praised..."

"It made me feel appreciated..." he breathes out, staring down at the two babies from the crib. Aelon is on the bed, sitting on the mattress, playing with some wooden toys.

"You promised-" her voice breaks.

"I know I did and I tried to keep it. I did not want any of this and you know it!" he exclaims, beginning to feel frustrated.

"You could have pretend you do not enjoy it!" she shouts, making Aelon look around scared.

"What if I do?! You would have enjoyed it too, you should enjoy it. I made you Queen of the Seven Kingdoms, any woman would kill to be in your place!"

"You should have found a woman who would have been happy to be on the throne while the world was burning around her!" she snaps, trying to get up.

"We will be fine-"

"No, we will not. Do not pretend that everything will be alright and that Rhaenyra will be happy to hear that you stole her throne!" Reina says, trying to control her anger.

"Enough!" he shouts, making Aelon cry. His wife glares at him, taking the infant in her arms.

"Shout one more time-"

"I am tired! Of everything! You act like I was not affected by my father's death too and that you are the only one hurt here! You did some bad things too, as unforgivable as mine, and I did not say anything about it!"

The woman freezes, the reminder of her actions making her chest hurt, "I know and I regret them-"

"Then understand me! I regret it too! You were not forced to burn down that city and you still did it! I was forced to usurp my sister and you act like it was my desire! I did not wish to start a war that could have both of us dead, along with our children." his voice is harsh and full of anger.

Reina does not say anything, only stares in front of her, at nothing. Her eyes sting, tears threatening to spill from them.

"I am sorry." she whispers and lays back down, facing away from him. Aelon shifts in her arms and Aegon takes him from her, putting it in his crib.

Her husband does not say anything else, he lays down on the bed.

"Forgive me." Reina whispers again, wanting him to say something. She knows that blaming him for Otto's faults and manipulation was wrong. She realises that what she did was worse than taking a throne from your sibling.

"I love you." he breathes out, making her sob. She covers her mouth, not wanting him to hear how hurt she is.

"Do not cry, please. It breaks my heart to see you cry because of me." Aegon wraps his arm around her waist, "I am sorry for being the one you love."

She shakes her head, turning towards him.

Aegon looks at her face, "I promise. No one will hurt you, not while I am alive. I am the King and if anyone touches my Queen they will die. I will kill them myself." he swears.

"I love you too." Reina whispers, burying her face in his chest.

A/N: I wanted to write some angst and to make her hate him, but my heart couldn't. I couldn't destroy my favourite couple! This was the last chapter with Reina and Aegon in it, until season 2! thank you for the votes ❤️🎀

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.1K 1.2K 48
Stelsa, the girl crafted from the broken leftovers from the Gods, is far from the expectations of a normal lady. Her father, Aaeron Meryls, and her u...
36.8K 1.6K 66
In a world of war and political intrigue, Aesira Targaryen finds herself at the center of it all. Born into a powerful family, she's always known her...
20.2K 534 17
Maegara Targaryen, the second daughter of King Viserys, and sister of the true heir to the iron throne, Queen Rhaenyra Targaryen, battles the difficu...
29K 1.4K 20
Ten moons after the tragic wedding between Laenor Velaryon and Rhaenyra Targaryen a little baby girl was born Princess Lenora Laenor vowed to protec...