Flames Of Redemption

Da izabelgamer1234

"You're such a bastard!" "I am a bastard," he agreed, leaning even closer to her face, "but I'm your bastard... Altro

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
84 (II)
85
86
87
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103

88

21 2 0
Da izabelgamer1234

Regan finished fast because she didn't want to waste anymore time here. And she had to know where Iris was. But it seemed unlikely she had gotten caught. Because Sirius would've been informed by then.

"So, what's gotten into you?" Sirius asked weirdly, his tone confused, "Why aren't you talking?"

Regan struggled for words, for saying what she wanted to say. She felt like a fool, acting like she was being soft and cooperative. She knew she had to play along for now, but it was getting on her nerves. "I...I wanted to see what is like outside the....I mean behind the gate," she finally stuttered. But she forced herself to.

Sirius's expression was confused, not really believing the way she was acting. She wouldn't speak like that. Or maybe it was just one of those rare moments where she acted differently.

"Behind the gate, huh? Isn't the air here enough for you? And besides, you've seen before what lays behind the gate. And you've ended up in the dark forest, attacked by terrifying monsters."

His words struck when Regan remembered when she left with Artemis and stumbled upon those terrifying beasts. She had suspected Sirius knew about it since then.

"I don't want to go in the forest. I....I just wanted to have a walk. At least, around here," she said, trying to sound convincing.

"Fine. But you're going to have your walk with me, darling," Sirius declared, standing up from his chair.

But before Regan could do the same, she remembered something dreadful. She remembered when she heard Vesper telling a maid instructions about poisoning her. And she had already eaten food. What if it was poisoned?

"What's wrong?" Sirius asked, his eyebrows furrowing.

"Nothing," she blurted and stood up to reluctantly follow him.

He led her through the garden and Regan's heart was pounding with panic, both from what she ate and from where Iris could be. He wasn't talking either, his expression blank.

"So where do you wanted to go?" he finally asked.

"Just around," Regan muttered.

But then, just then, as she rounded a corner, she saw Iris hiding behind a bush. Iris's gaze catched hers and their eyes widened. Iris was probably going to yell, but Regan quickly shook her head and grabbed Sirius's arm, pulling him in the opposite direction. Sirius stumbled slightly, surprised by her sudden movement.

"Where to, kitten?" Sirius asked, his tone amused but also curious.

"I....I want to sit somewhere," she said, pointing to a bench nearby.

"Alright," Sirius agreed, his tone still laced with amusement. He led her to the bench and sat down, stretching his arms out along the backrest. Regan's panic was broken for a moment by embarrassment. She sat on the edge of the bench, trying to stay as far from him as possible.

But he wrapped his arm around her shoulders, pulling her closer. Regan tensed immediately, her heart pounding even faster. "What the hell are you doing?" she demanded, trying to push him away.

Sirius smiled, his eyes filled with a mixture of amusement and mischief as he leaned closer, "The old Regan is back, I see. I was beginning to think you'd been replaced by a doppelganger. And...do you even know what you're still wearing?"

Regan's eyebrows furrowed and she looked down at her clothes. But then it hit. Was he talking about her wearing the clothes of his army? That realization hit like a ton of bricks. She should've changed her clothes.

But she hadn't even thought about it. Even before, she was preoccupied with the fact that her clothes were clean and her hair was styled, not with the fact that she was wearing his army's uniform.

"I didn't chose it," she snapped. "Iris forced me to wear this because it was a disguise to infiltrate your army."

"I know that," Sirius replied, "But why are you still wearing it?"

"Because I wasn't paying attention to that. I have better things to think, like what you did when I was unconscious," Regan retorted, her voice filled with frustration.

"Oh, so you've been thinking about me a lot, haven't you?" he teased, his eyes glinting with mischief. "But I didn't do anything undecent, if that's what you fear."

Regan rolled her eyes, her expression twisting into a sneer, "I haven't thought about you. I've thought about myself."

"Because you're selfish?"

"If defending yourself means you're selfish, then so be it," Regan replied defiantly. "I'll gladly be selfish if it means protecting myself from people like you."

Sirius chuckled, his smile widening into a grin, "And yet here you are, sitting next to me, letting me wrap my arm around you."

Regan stiffened at his words, realizing he was right. She first had thought to manipulate him, but this was very, very wrong. She couldn't believe she was staying like that with him, with someone she loathed, with someone that wiped off her family. And even if she forgot all these, she still wouldn't want to sit close to guys.

Suddenly, she spotted Iris hiding behind a far tree. Iris's eyes were wide with shock, probably because she saw Regan sitting so close to Sirius. Regan's heart sank as she realized how this must look to Iris. She stood up abruptly and racked her mind for a plan.

She had to get rid of Sirius and escape this damned castle. Because she couldn't continue to stay here, pretending everything was fine. She had to find her mother and put an end to this madness once and for all.

Regan turned to Sirius, her expression unreadable. She didn't know what to say to make him leave. Or maybe she could pretend to go inside and then turn back to Iris. "I'm going inside, it's too hot here," she said, forcing herself to sound casual. She then tried to give Iris a signal to wait there, but wasn't sure if she got it.

"With you being always fiery of course it's too hot, kitten," Sirius replied, his tone teasing. "But you're not selfish. You're just pretending."

Regan ignored his words and walked forward, hiding behind a tree just to see what Sirius would do. He stayed seated there for a while and then Vlad appeared from out of nowhere. Vlad told him something and he quickly stood up, his expression serious.

He walked with Vlad to the other side and Regan felt a wave of relief wash over her. She saw as Sirius disappeared with his general behind the woods and then she rushed to where Iris was hiding.

"What the hell took you so long?" Iris snapped, her voice filled with frustration. "What were you doing?"

"Shhh," Regan whispered, "I couldn't get rid of him. Thank God, he left. Did you find a way out?"

"No," Iris shook her head, "It's full of guards and I'm dying from panic. I almost got caught three times. And you should've come earlier."

"I know, I know. I'm sorry. We have to find a way out. He might learn you're all gone from moment to moment and it's not safe."

Iris nodded and they looked around their surroundings. There was no gate in sight, but they had to make it till there at least.

"And what do you suggest we do?" Iris asked.

"We climb a tree," Regan replied, looking up the trees. There were branches where they could cling to, and this was good enough.

"B-but I don't know how to do that," Iris stammered.

"You've never climbed a tree?" Regan asked bewildered.

"N-no."

Regan sighed, "Fine. It's not very hard. You have to do it if you don't want to get caught, Iris."

Iris nodded, though reluctant. They started to move, trying to find a tall tree with branches.

They found a tall, old oak tree with thick branches.

"You go first."

"No you."

They argued for a moment about going first and then decided to climb the tree both at the same time. The trunk was wide enough for both of them to hug.

They both took a deep breath and began to climb up the tree. Regan had done these things when she was little, so it was easier for her.

She quickly reached a high branch and pulled herself up, sitting comfortably on it. Iris, on the other hand, was struggling. Her legs were shaking and she was sweating. Finally, she managed to reach a branch beside Regan.

"You okay?"

Iris nodded, her face red from the effort. "Let's just hope they don't hear us." They both peeked over the edge of the branch, watching the guards below. They were still talking among themselves, completely unaware of the two girls perched high above them.

They also saw the gate closer. It was tall and enormous, about ten feet tall, in shiny black with two dragons on the top of each side.

"We have to go through climbing," Regan whispered. Iris's heart raced when she saw how higher from the ground they were, but she didn't say anything.

The branches of the trees twirled together, making a complicated web, so it was easier to shift from a tree to a tree. Their hands were clasped tightly, and they moved forward as quick as cautious they were.

Finally, they reached a closer position to the fence. They could pass it now by jumping to the other side. But the other side was filled with guards as well.

"Oh my God," Regan whispered.

"Now what?" Iris asked, her voice shaking with fear.

"I'll distract them with fire." Without another thought, Regan's palm glowed orange and she aimed at some distant tree, but still near enough to cause a commotion. She threw the fireball and the tree burst into flames, sending a shower of sparks into the air. The guards at the gate were startled and their attention was quickly drawn to the flame as they rushed towards it.

"Come on," Regan whispered to Iris. "We have to pass."

"How? We're probably going to die if we try to jump that!" Iris cried out, her voice shaking, "It's very very high above ground!"

"But we can't climb over, it's made of pointy lines," Regan said. "Trust me, we'll make it. See that branch?" she asked, motioning at a branch that extended over the fence. "We'll pass through. Now, move!" And with that, without wasting anymore time, Regan held Iris's hand and they both walked to that thin branch, trying to keep balance. Their hearts were pounding rapidly and they were high on adrenaline. Iris hesitated for a moment, terrified of heights, before following her.

As they were passing the gate from above, the ground looked like an infinite black abyss. They knew it was grass but they were both terrified.

"We have to land." Regan whispered, "Before the guards come back." They could hear the guards voices, talking about some intruder. They needed to keep moving.

"How?!" Iris retorted, "We can't just jump and hope to live!"

Regan sighed, "We're going to try and hang on the branch. Then, we're going to let go. It's better than jumping."

She took a deep breath and clutched Iris's hand tightly. Although Iris was more scared, they both tried to release their body and they hung it using their hands.

The harsh surface of the branch stuck on their hands and they tried to steady themselves.

"Now." Regan said. Then, with prayers and hopes, she let the branch go and so did Iris, because she couldn't hold onto it anymore.

They thought as if they were going to die but they landed on their backs on the cold grass on the other side, panting heavily. They looked at each other, shocked but relieved. Pain coursed through them but they both tried to swallow it up.

"That...that was close..." Iris muttered, still trying to catch her breath.

"Too close." Regan agreed, glancing back at the gate. They had to keep moving, before the guards could see them. The forest they were in was thick with trees and vegetation. Regan knew that forest. It wasn't pleasant.

"Where should we go?" Iris whispered, hiding behind the woods.

"Run." Was all Regan said before they sprinted off in a breathtaking long run. They ran deeper and deeper, not once looking back. Regan knew the forest was dangerous with evil creatures but she couldn't stop running. Iris was panting heavily, her heartbeats rapid. The woods twisted and narrowed, making the path difficult to run freely.

After a while, knowing they had run a marathon, they stopped, their hands on their knees. They tried to collect their breaths and they wished they had some water with them.

"We... we've run.... enough....I guess?" Iris breathed.

"Yeah....I....think so," Regan replied.

Iris sat on a wooden bench, collecting her breath. Regan on the other hand couldn't believe she had escaped, at least had made it till there.

Still, it all seemed like she had manipulated Sirius, and had done something wrong. But how many times had he done the same? He deserved it.

"I... I'm sorry for snapping at you earlier, Cornelia," Iris said, her voice slightly shaky, "I was just scared."

"I understand," Regan said, placing a hand on her friend's shoulder. "But now we should go. We should go to the town at least."

Iris nodded, a newfound determination burning in her eyes, "Yes. Let's go."

As they went further into the forest, Regan grew very wary of their surroundings. She knew the forest was a trappy and dangerous place. But she also knew they had to keep moving. Sirius could use the fire bond and find her. So it wasn't safe to stop for even a moment.

They walked in silence for a while, no one saying a thing. Regan couldn't understand how the general from the south was involved in helping Iris and Iris couldn't understand how Regan was sitting that close to Sirius.

"So," they both said in unison, breaking the silence.

"You first," Iris said.

"So," Regan repeated, "how could that general from the south have helped you? That's absurd."

Iris sighed, scratching the back of her head, "Our cells were close and he was offering to help. He distracted the guards and freed us three. And as for Raven and Jack, they went forward with him, while I got caught up in some trouble."

Regan frowned, trying to make sense of it all. "I could be all a trap. You can't just trust someone who wants to kill you. And you can't trust someone who works for Sirius."

"He doesn't work for Sirius anymore," Iris countered. "And it's not a trap. If it was, Sirius would know we escaped."

Regan pondered her words for a moment. Yes, Sirius would've known and he wouldn't just decide to act cool about it. But Iris was too trustful.

"I hope so. But how are you going to find them?"

"I....I don't know," her friend replied uncertainly. "But even if we don't, we have to go as far as possible from here. We can't risk staying in one place for too long."

Regan nodded in agreement. "You're right. Let's keep moving. We'll figure it out as we go."

They began to move, all eyes and ears for anything out of place. The forest was eerily quiet with the sense of foreshadowing washing over it. Regan didn't want Iris to ask about the matter with Sirius. Because she was already ashamed of her actions and didn't want to dwell on them any longer.

"So what were you doing with Sirius?" Iris finally asked, her eyes narrowing with curiousity, catching Regan off guard.

She hesitated for a moment, unsure of how to respond. "I...I was trying to distract him," she admitted reluctantly. "I was buying us some time. I'm sorry."

Iris watched her for a moment, but then, a slow, knowing smile spread across her face. "You like him, don't you?" she teased, nudging Regan playfully.

Regan's cheeks flushed bright red, "No-no, of course not! I hate him!" She couldn't believe how Iris was suggesting such thing. But it was Regan's fault anyway. She herself was sitting so close to him. "He's my sworn enemy."

"Sure, sure," Iris teased, "whatever you say, Cornelia. I'll forget about it now but as soon as we find a safe place to rest, I'm going to tease you about it mercilessly."

Regan rolled her eyes, hoping her friend would have forgotten about it by then. She was aware of her absurd actions, she shouldn't have let Sirius wrap his arm around her.

"As if I'm going to to admit something that isn't true," she retorted, trying to sound nonchalant. "Let's just focus on getting out of here." She quickened her pace, hoping to change the subject. Iris chuckled softly, but didn't push the matter any further.

They continued their escape, the hot weather making them sweat terribly. But they were relentless to not get caught. Regan was praying continuously for their path to not be interrupted by some creature.

Time stretched endlessly as they walked, their legs hurting from long walks.

"This forest seems endless," Iris said, "are you sure you don't know any way out?"

Regan shook her head, indicating again that she didn't know a way out. She didn't even remember the way she followed with Artemis, because every part of the forest was the same.

"I don't know. I hope we're close to the city."

"I wish we could teleport or something," Iris replied.

But they didn't find any place to teleport or stay. And the path was growing even more challenging. The vines and shrubs were everywhere and Regan's bare arms were were covered in scratches as she pushed through.

She kept thinking about Sirius, if he had learned she escaped, and what was he going to do about it. But she also thought about Iris, she hadn't even asked her if she was alright, if she had been tortured or hurt in any way during her time in captivity. Regan felt a pang of guilt for not asking earlier.

"Iris, did they hurt you in the cell?"

Iris looked at her and then sighed, "No, not really. Not like general Igor. But Sirius came to my cell and told me he was going to keep me alive so he could threaten you using me. He also mentioned something about you being his weakness. But other than that, no, they didn't physically hurt me."

Regan felt a surge of anger rise within her at Sirius's words. She knew he was using Iris against her because he threatened her with Iris earlier. But she couldn't understand how he said such things. How could she be his weakness?

"I don't know why he said that," she muttered, her fists clenching. "But I'm very sorry, Iris. I got you in trouble and now you have to suffer because of me."

"It's not your fault, Cornelia," Iris replied, placing a hand on Regan's shoulder. "We're together in this."

And so, they continued their journey through the dense forest, their determination unwavering despite the obstacles they faced. Regan couldn't shake off the guilt she felt for getting Iris involved in her troubles, but she was grateful for her friend's unwavering support.

As they walked, Regan couldn't help but wonder about the cryptic words Sirius had spoken to Iris. What did he mean by her being his weakness? It didn't make sense to her. Was he manipulating himself as well?

Hours passed, and the sun began to set, casting an red glow over the trees. They met with a high waterfall, its water cascading down on a quiet lake, sending sparks of water flying in the air. The girls were both exhausted, their tiredness palpable. Iris ran over to the lake and drank water, washing her skin. The water was crystal clean and Regan could see small fishes swimming down the bottom.

Then, Iris sat down on the grass, her exhaustion giving its way to her. She leaned against the tree, breathing heavily.

Regan knelt down beside her friend, knowing they were both tired, but also knowing they had to get out of this damned forest. "Iris, I know you're tired. But we don't have time."

"We've been walking the whole day," Iris complained, running a hand through her hair, "We need to rest for a while."

"But it's going to get dark," Regan pointed out, looking at the sky.

"Just rest a little, Cornelia. Please."

Regan pondered her words for a moment and then sighed, sitting beside her friend. The only sound filling the air was the gentle, soothing fall of the waterfall and the rustle of a shrub as an small animal passed. Regan didn't saw the animal, but her senses were on high drive. She could protect them both from some creature or animal, but if it was Sirius and his men....the thought made her shudder.

"So, care to tell more about your relationship with Sirius?" Iris's words snapped Regan out of thoughts. She was caught of guard, not expecting Iris to ask about that.

"There's no relationship between me and Sirius," Regan replied nonchalantly.

"Really?" Iris prompted, raising an eyebrow, "What about the fact that you're a princess? That you weren't raised by the wolves? He seemed to know you very well. And why did he tell me you were his weakness? Why was he treating you like that when we were tied up?"

Regan felt like she was being assaulted by such questions. She could answer them all, saying that Sirius was a bastard that liked to play games. But she felt unsure.

"Cornelia, I... I'm sorry," Iris mumbled. "But I'm just curious of you."

Regan sighed, looking away, "There's nothing curious about me, Iris. Sirius is a bastard who likes to play games. Nothing more, nothing less. Don't you know that?" she asked, looking at Iris, "Everyone knows that. Everyone knows what Sirius is. What's so interesting about this?"

"Yes, I know that," Iris replied, looking down at her dirty clothes, "But that's not what I meant. What I meant is...." she paused for a moment, as if weighting her words, "D-do you know what rulers do when they capture females?"

"No, I don't," Regan muttered, knowing what Iris was referring to. "What do they do?"

"They-they rape them," Iris replied, her voice trembling slightly. "Like vampires, they use them for their needs, some keep them as servants or slaves and some even use them as bargaining chips. Not all women survive."

Regan's skin crawled at the mention of these horrific actions. And when Iris said 'like vampires', she remembered she had stayed under the roof of a vampire, that creep Agnar. She remembered how he wanted her to be his slave, his blood source. It was disgusting and she didn't know what would've happened if Sirius.... hadn't rescued her.

But it was overshadowed by her pride. She would've helped herself, even if she had to kill Agnar.

"So where you getting at?" she replied, her voice sharp with both anger and disgust, "They all do that shit. Not only rulers. Men do that. Just like humans. They do that too."

"Humans? What are humans?" Iris asked, her face full of confusion.

"Humans are....they look like us," Regan said, trying to explain it to Iris. She had thought she was a human before but....well, she technically didn't have physical differences from their race. "Yes, they look like us. But they live in a planet called Earth. I've lived there too, before Sirius kidnapped me."

Iris looked at her with wide eyes, "Sirius kidnapped you before? And on how many lands have you been to?"

"Well, I've been to many places," Regan shrugged. "And I can say evil beings are everywhere. They're all the same. Men are the same. Wanting only one thing."

Iris watched how her friend was speaking with so much hatred, so much anger. For a moment, she didn't know what to say or how to react. She then sighed and spoke, "I-I know that. But not everyone is the same though. And...and Sirius....he-he is a cruel and tyrannical ruler. But he didn't do those things to me. You know, he could've done it, but he didn't."

Regan's blood boiled at the mention of Sirius doing such things. She knew he was a bastard, but he hadn't done these things either. And a part of her was grateful. But then, she remembered when she was unconscious. What if he....no, she was terrified. And Iris's words were raising her panic once more.

"Well, go thank Sirius," Regan snapped. "Just because he didn't force you into his harem of fools, that doesn't mean he's any better, Iris. He maybe wasn't in the mood. And stop talking about Sirius, I don't want to talk about that bastard anymore."

Iris bit her lip, as if knowing she had crossed a line. "I...I remember him saying that he destroyed your family. Is that why you hate him that much?"

Regan sighed, "Yes....but it's not only that. He haunted me when I was on Earth. And....I just hate him. There's.... there's a...."

"A what?" Iris asked softly.

"A bond. A damned one," Regan replied.

"And what is that bond?"

"It's.... it's about a fire power we were both born with," Regan explained. "He can find me using the bond."

Iris stayed quiet for a moment, processing her friend's words. She didn't know it was like that. She had heard about these kind of bonds before and it meant that its last in-line keepers were meant to be soulmates. But she wasn't going to tell that to Regan now. Not if she wanted to end up assaulted.

"Well, that's....strange," she finally stammered.

"I know it is," Regan muttered. "But it's not a coincidence or something. His family might have stolen it or something."

"So you're saying it's destiny?"

"I'm not saying it's destiny," Regan retorted, "I'm saying that his fire is corrupted."

"And how do you know that, Cornelia?" Iris asked, rolling her eyes.

"I...I...so what? Are you defending him now?" Regan asked, glaring at her.

"No. But you can't validate every assumption you have without any proof."

"And how do you know I don't have any proof?"

"And how come your clothes are so clean?"

Regan looked at Iris and back at her clothes. They were wearing the same uniform, but Iris's was torn, dirty and worn out. And Regan's, it was the opposite.

Regan thought the answer for a moment. But she didn't want to lie about it. "It-it was his magic."

Iris's eyebrows furrowed, but then, she smirked, her eyes glinting with mischief. "Oh, so he wanted you all cleaned up, didn't he? That's why your hair smells good."

Regan's cheeks heated in embarrassment, "No, no! It's not that at all! It was a magic trick. You don't get it. And my hair doesn't smell good."

"Sure, sure, whatever helps you sleep at night," Iris laughed.

Regan couldn't suppress the smile that tugged at her lips. She didn't want to find it funny but Iris was so much better than her at being cheerful.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerร  anche

2.3M 66.5K 75
"๐˜๐Ž๐” ๐’๐‡๐Ž๐”๐‹๐ƒ ๐’๐Œ๐ˆ๐‹๐„ ๐Œ๐Ž๐‘๐„ ๐Ž๐…๐“๐„๐, it's cute," I compliment draping my arms around his neck. "You think so?" He asks. "Yes, yes I...
Stuck | 18+ Da shut up

Storie d'amore

956K 35.7K 66
Warning: DARK ROMANCE Story contains detailed mature scenes possessing dubious consent not recommended for age group below 18 years old. YOU HAVE BEE...
181K 4.8K 63
"That's a good girl, Isabella," he murmurs, his words dripping with satisfaction. "Let go. Give in to me." ------- BOOK 1 in the RUSSIAN MADE MAN SER...
9.1K 210 13
"Are you out of your mind? I could hurt you." The veins started to pumped up in fear of what i'm capable to do. Everything was a blur to me, the room...