[DOTS Y/n x Shi Jin] Always B...

By redmelon12

Han Y/n is the daughter of Han Sung Dae, the chairman of the Haesung group, and the half-sister of Han Seok W... More

PART 1: Uruk - Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
PART 2: SEOUL - Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
PART 3: War - Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
PART 4: Final Steps - Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Epilogue
Special episode 1
Special episode 2
Special episode 3
Sequel Announcement

Chapter 33

212 10 0
By redmelon12

Y/n's pov

'I heard your boyfriend got shot like six times? What does he even do to get that?' You ignore Kim Eunji as you remove your scrub from the OP, making your way toward the desk to ask for Captain Yoo's bed location and attending physician. 

'Is he like a gang member in the dark side?' She asks, following you behind. 

'Can I know where patient Yoo Shi Jin is?' You ignore Kim Eunji, asking the young nurse at the front desk. 

'He's in the VIP ward. He asked you to be his attending physician.' The nurse replies in a high-toned voice, and you thank her before entering the ER duty room to get your laptop, in case Captain Yoo gets bored during his time here. 

'They're saying he went off on a helicopter once too.' Kim Eunji says persistently before you abruptly stop in your tracks and turn to face her. Reaching for her staff card, you take it off of her despite her yelling at you, tossing it into the bin.

'You don't have to come to work from tomorrow.' You reply, leaving her staring at you with an open mouth and walking into the elevator toward the VIP wards. You knew Han Seok Won would not fire her, since Haesung was trying to buy more medicine from her uncle's pharmaceutical company, but that was the least of your problems. 

Getting out of the elevator, you find soldiers guarding the room, your brother conveniently making a loud scene at them not letting him enter.

'It's my hospital and I'm saying I want to enter the room in my hospital.' Han Seok Won yells at Lieutenant Park, the other soldiers only keeping a straight face as they face forward. 

'This is a military matter now. Only his attending physician can enter.' The soldier says, Han Seok Won sighing deeply in anger.

'I said I don't care, Lieutenant Park.' He shouts again, aiming a savage kick at the soldier in front of him. 

'What are you doing in front of a patient's room who needs to rest.' You say as you pull him backward, his irritated expression deepening into a frown seeing you. 'Leave.' You say again, his face instead turning unreadable watching you push him back. 

'Not so invincible as you thought, right?' He whispers into your ear, his breath sending chills down your back. You turn to face him, Han Seok Won's expression twisting into a knowing smile, only to whistle at you once before turning back. You watch him leave, something about his words unsettling although you desperately want to pass it off as him trying to annoy you back after getting at him multiple times. 

'Dr. Han.' The soldier calls, opening the door for you. 

Entering the room, you see Captain Yoo still asleep from anesthetics you check his vitals once before sitting beside his bed. He looks peaceful apart from the blood transfusion pack along with other IVs hanging on the pole next to his bed. You sigh in relief watching his stomach move up and down steadily, the events of today finally weighing down on you. 

Suddenly remembering the USB from the North Korean patient, you glance at the door to make sure nobody else is coming in and open up your laptop on your lap. Reaching into your white coat's pocket, you take the USB, slowly plugging it into the port on your laptop. A new folder appears on the front screen of your family picture from back in the US, and you click on the folder, shifting in your seat to hide the screen away from the door. 

'...' You sigh seeing the folder locked, and you glance at Captain Yoo still sleeping before you move your fingers hesitantly over the keyboard.

00000000

You try, taking a deep breath before clicking "okay". The password box only trembles, suggesting the wrong password along with the message "1/2 times left to try". Seeing the words, you stretch your back in frustration but close the laptop nonetheless seeing Captain Yoo's eyes flutter open. You quickly take the USB back into your white coat, standing up to look at Captain Yoo. 

'Can you hear me? You're at the hospital ward.' You say, Captain Yoo nodding as his eyes focus on you. He holds up his thumb, to which you sigh deeply once again, for the hell that he sent you to and brought you back to life earlier. 

'Stay there.' You say again as Captain Yoo tries to sit up, checking the IV still attached to his arm. 

'How's Ahn Sang-wi.' He says in a croaky voice from his tired expression, staying silent as you push your hair back with your hand. 

Shi Jin's pov

'He's fine.' Dr. Han says curtly, her expression neutral but something feeling off about the situation. 

'...' I only look at her silently, Dr. Han staring back at me. I only sit up seeing her eyes turn glassy, her expression turning painful as I reach for her hand. 

'You said you would take responsibility.' She says quietly, pushing my hand away as I watch the teardrop roll down her face. I watch her blankly, trying to decipher her words from the anesthetics not wearing off completely just yet. 

'I'm sorry.' I say, taking her hand again and pulling her to sit on the bed next to me. 'I didn't mean to worry you more.' I say again, Dr. Han wiping her face with her other hand. 

'But this was a secret operation. Civilians did not know about it. The special force must have caught the attackers by now-' I try to explain as I touch her cheek, but she takes my hand back to my side, her eyes widening at my words.

'Attackers?' She suddenly asks, her gaze shifting over to the door before turning to me again. 

'I can't tell you-'

'What attackers?' She asks, her teary eyes trembling in fear as she bites the nail on her thumb. I sit up again, wincing as I feel the wound, and reaching over to take her hand away from her lips. 

'It's not your brother coming after me. I'm sorry I made you worry and...see me like that.' I say, offering a smile as I wipe her tears. 'It was a military operation. I can't tell you the details because of the restrictions but rest assured that my team is looking into it. You know, the same ones who came with me to get you out of the gangs.' I explain, Dr. Han nodding as she covers my hand on her cheek with hers. 

'Thank you for not dying in front of me.' She replies quietly, her tired eyes shifting over to mine. 'You need to lie down.' She says again, and I comply, patting the space next to me. 

'I should be going now. I still have to finish my shift. But I'll be back in the evening.' She says, holding out her laptop in front of me. 'You can watch something if you get bored.' She states, to which I feel myself grin, taking it from her hand. 

'Of course, you had to be this thoughtful for me.' I say, Dr. Han finally smiling weakly before leaving. 

Y/n's pov

Despite you having let go of the topic about your brother somehow being behind the whole incident with Captain Yoo to keep his position as an honorable soldier as you promised yourself to keep him, you can't help but feel something not sitting right in your gut. Still, you are not planning to talk to him about the same topic again, since he seriously needs rest from the severe injuries. 

'Dr. Han, there's a patient waiting for you.' Nevertheless, right now, you have the rest of the workday to finish. You move towards a mother next to a child crying loudly, the cut behind his foot bleeding heavily. 

'Seon-saeng-nim, please do something.' The mother says whiningly as you get nearer, her trying to hold onto your arm. 

'We'll stitch the wound. Hold on just a little, it'll hurt a bit.' You say to the child, taking a large gauze and pressing it onto his ankle to stop the bleeding. The mother gasps, calling the child's name and stopping his arms as he starts slapping your hand away. 

Sighing, you realise that the day is far from being over. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(ootd)

'How are you feeling?' You ask as you enter Captain Yoo's room at the hospital, you having changed back to your own clothes out of the scrubs, holding your coat over your arm. He looks up from the bed, pausing whatever movie he was watching on your laptop. 

'Sore. But no longer feeling like I'll die.' He replies as you put your coat down onto the chair. 'Are you finally off work?' He asks, and you nod, sitting down on the chair. 

'They'll bring you dinner soon. I asked Dr. Kang if she could bring me something. After we eat you should get some sleep.' You say, Captain Yoo's lips pulling into a smile.

'I thought I slept enough from anesthetics.' He replies, jokingly falling quiet as you frown at him. 

Shi Jin's pov

Dr. Han gets out of the room to get dinner for both of us, her coming back with a plate of patient food for me and a line of kimbap wrapped in silver foil. She places my plate down on the small table from the room on my bed, then puts down the cutlery before falling back onto the chair. 

'You need to eat everything.' She says simply, unwrapping the silver foil. 

'I thought I had my girlfriend back not my doctor.' I say, Dr. Han picking up the single kimbap from the vertical line of them. 

'Two are not independent.' She replies, pointing at my plate. I shrug, starting to eat my dinner, chewing the rice awkwardly from being starved for hours since I woke up from the surgery. Looking over at Dr. Han, I see her cheek full of kimbap as she looks down at her feet and I try to suppress my smile at the look seeing Dr. Han's gaze move up to me. 

'Do you eat lunch with other men?' I ask jokingly, her nodding while slowly chewing the kimbap. 'They're going to fall for you watching you eat.' I say again, Dr. Han's brows furrowing as she peels more of the silver wrapper.

'You have the ability to say things like that when you almost died. For real, this time.' She replies, watching me blankly. 

'Just because I saw hell doesn't mean I can't comment on my pretty girlfriend.' I respond, Dr. Han simply taking another kimbap from the row. She looks up as she catches me staring,  gesturing toward my own food, telling me to carry on. 

Y/n's pov

You comply with Captain Yoo's wish for you to lie next to him on the bed, him insisting he puts his arm around you despite you arguing that he should be comfortable trying not to touch his wound. Feeling his hand rub your back, you almost fall asleep too, Captain Yoo's eyes already closed as his hand gets slower. 

You stare at the lines over his face, his eyelashes pressed down onto his cheeks as he falls asleep. Sighing, you pull the blanket higher up on him up to his neck, slowly removing his arm around you and slipping your shoes back onto your feet. 

CCTV footage 20240203

The figure with a long black raincoat walks down the alleyway lit up with various neon signs, some dressed in extravagant patterned shirts glaring at each other from the loud bars as the rain pours down onto the night Seoul ground. The figure simply puts her raincoat hood on, hugging herself as she walks down the street and turns the corner.  She occasionally looks back to check if she has anyone following her, her face hidden in a black medical mask. Her footsteps get faster as she nears a laundry shop, the dark blue neon sign showing "세탁 (*laundrette)". 

'Can you unlock it?' She asks quietly to the balding man with narrowed eyes, tossing a black USB onto the glass table. He blows on a cigarette between his lips as he looks up with glinting eyes at the doctor, the smoke growing larger in the air.

'We don't do jobs for anyone.' He replies, taking the cigarette in his fingers and leaning backward.

'You don't remember me?' The doctor asks, sighing as she pulls down her mask for a second before pushing it back up. The man's eyes light up, standing up from his seat at once. 

'Aigo, Samonim (*madam)' The man says, throwing the cigarette into the bin before bowing his upper body multiple times. 

'Again, I pay you however much you want. But make it quick. And accurate. You only have one chance.' She replies, the man muttering something along the lines of "of course" before taking the USB into his hand. 

Author's note: hmmm is Y/n morally in the grey area for doing dat - she's in an illegal store

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.6K 1.7K 67
When Dr. L/n Y/n, the psychiatrist in Haesung hospital gets called down to see a patient recovering from a traumatic accident, she encounters Yoo Shi...
345K 10.1K 44
a mafia member, Y/N, woke up from a coma with an amnesia. She was convinced to regained all her past memories by her boyfriend and finally became the...
59.8K 1.4K 28
Kang Mo Yeon has a new start to her life. After Yoo Shi Jin came back, her life changed and she became happier. They have a chance to go back to Urk...
29.2K 1.4K 32
"Thank you for completing me, Jaeyun-ah" -Jay "I never thought I'll ever want to share my life with someone as much as I want to share it with you, J...