Chapter 54

CCTV footage

The Chairman of Haesung paces around in his office, the news about a car, the supposed murder weapon of the Managing Director playing on the 9 p.m. news for all people in the nation to see. The usual reporter who seems to be invested in Haesung's dirty work talks about how the abandoned car was crushed on one side with its inside burnt to a crisp, the KCSI having found some strands of hair for DNA testing from it. 

'It matches Kim Sung Man's, who is the secretary of the Chairman of Haesung Group. This car was abandoned near the Chairman's private house in the woods, which only brings more suspicion from the public to the mysterious death of Han-ssi. Although the police suspected that her body must be hidden around the place, it was never found.'  The reporter says determinedly, his eyes glinting in excitement to have got the biggest news of the nation once again. 

'Why, the hell would you finish off your work like that.' The Chairman yells, his veins protruding out from his neck as he points at the screen, turning to the secretary staring down at the floor. 

'Stop them. I don't care what you do, but make them shut their mouths forever. Or else, it'll be you next.' He growls at the secretary who seems to be getting told off every single day since the death of the Managing Director of Haesung. The secretary bows quickly, disappearing out of the door away from the Chairman throwing a vase across the room to the screen. The TV screen cracks, the Chairman still seething from the news as the reporter's face gets blown through with force before the screen goes black. 

Surveillance footage 200220248

The doctor stands in the middle of the dark room, her eyes sharp as her gaze shifts from her finger on the trigger of a gun to the mannequin in the distance. Steadying her grip once again, she pulls the trigger, once, twice, thrice, and for the last time, the four blasting sounds of the gunshots ringing in the underground room. The dust flies up all around the room as she exhales deeply, lowering her gun to see the smoke rising up from four holes in the forehead of the mannequin. Her eyes twinkle once with a vicious pleasure seeing the Director of Haesung's picture get mutilated, the man leaning on the wall behind her clapping slowly. 

'You really have been here for hours. Now that's enough for today. Remember, you're still recovering both mentally and physically.' The man says, his eyes holding some unknown affection as he stands properly from his position. The doctor glances at the man, looking away from his gaze. 

'You have more bullets, right?' The doctor asks again quickly as she turns to face him, the gun still by her side in her hand. 

'I do, but save them for tomorrow.' He replies, holding the door open for her. She complies, placing the gun on the man's palm as he reaches it out on her way out. 

CCTV 20022024x

The reporter gets out of his office, taking his phone out as he fixes his messenger bag strap placed over his shoulder. He pushes his glasses up on the bridge of his nose, dialing someone as he starts walking down the stairs of the media company he works in. 

'Ah, yes, Goddess. Yes, they are still keeping the black-box footage safe.' He says into the phone, his voice reverberating in the hollow staircase that he lowers his voice, bringing the phone closer to his face. He suddenly stops in his tracks and turns back around to see the empty darkness behind him. Shrugging, he carries on going down the stairs, his footsteps echoing through the building. 

'It's ready for whenever you say so.' He states, placing his hand over the strap of his bag as he walks out of the building into the dark night. He looks up at the night air, shivering once as the cold wind blows over him.