Chapter 60

Y/n's pov

'Seriously?' You say as you open your closet, apparently Mo Yeon and Myung Joo had cleared your things, the police having allowed them to take some of your stuff in memory. Captain Yoo and you had finally managed to put Axel and Mr. Lee in Haesung Hotel in Seoul, away from Axel jokingly insisting that he comes to stay with you both. 

'Well, at least they cleaned the apartment after you ransacked the whole place yourself.' Captain Yoo replies as you sigh finding some remaining clothes inside the drawer. 

Third person's pov

The Captain lifts the blanket, his muscles flexing as he places himself next to the doctor, her turning to face her on the pillow. She opens her eyes from her short slumber, her gaze shifting to the Captain next to her. 

'Is my military dialect weird?' The Captain asks suddenly, picking the strands of hair from the doctor's forehead. 

'Feeling insecure, are we? That's unlike you. You're full of your own ego most of the time.' The doctor replies, pulling the blanket higher up on themselves. 

'I'm just asking. Normal couples don't address each other by our job titles.' He says, shifting closer to her on the bed. 

'I like your dialect. It's too late to change how we speak anyway.' She replies, turning to face the ceiling, the mattress dipping for a second from the movement. 

'You like how I speak.' He repeats, suddenly sitting up and leaning against the pillow behind his back. The doctor looks up questioningly, the Captain's lips twitching. 'You never say you like something.' He adds, the doctor only raising her eyebrows and looking away. He stares silently at the silver moonlight cascading over the curves and lines of her face, moving closer to her once more. She looks back at the Captain, his longing gaze shifting over to her lips. His finger brushes over her cheeks drained of colour from spending months underground. 

The doctor stays still even as he slowly moves to look down at her, supporting himself with his elbows on either side of her face. She only stares at the Captain's hand reaching for hers, overlapping their fingers together as his other hand brushes out her hair over the pillow. Her eyelashes brush his cheeks as he finally lowers himself down to her lips, intertwining their fingers together. He moves his hand away from the waves of the doctor's hair to the side of her face, pressing their lips harder as she rests her palm on his shoulder. 

'I missed you.' She says honestly, to the Captain's surprise, to which he freezes for a second before smiling. 

'You simply missed me because you knew we were both alive. I was scared to never see you again.' He replies, his fingers resting on her lips growing tinted from the kiss. She only looks at him apologetically, his eyes softening before pecking her lips once more. The doctor follows his gaze down to her neck, the Captain hesitantly trailing the soft kisses on her skin down to her collarbone. 

'Can I?' He whispers, his fingers resting on the buttons of her shirt. The doctor looks surprised, her gaze shifting over to his hands. 

'Yes.' She whispers back, the Captain smiling reassuringly before undoing the buttons slowly. He gradually pulls the pyjama shirt down her shoulders, his gaze holding affection as if to admire a piece of sculpture despite the scar on her shoulders. His fingers move to brush the scar softly, caressing the skin as the doctor breathes out nervously. 

'I guess my body got more ugly.' The doctor says awkwardly as he presses his lips onto her shoulder, his hand holding the scar on her side. 

'Feeling insecure, are we?' He asks, quoting her own words as the doctor finally smiles watching him place his palm over the scar. She breathes deeply at the warmth of his hand over the colder apartment's atmosphere from being uninhabited for months. 'They're what makes you you. You won even when they tried their best to get rid of you.' He says again, his fingers caressing the uneven skin.