Chapter 37

Shi Jin's pov

I see Ahn on the other building through my gun, placing my finger over the trigger. On the count of three, I pull it, the bullet going through the window and hitting it on his shoulder. I only hope that it helps him pretend to be dead to avoid execution in North Korea. I also hope that he was able to eat at least one chocolate pie that Dr. Han bought for him which I delivered. 

I watch the other North Korean officers look displeased, possibly saying something along the lines of South Koreans being unable to shoot properly. 

'Dismissed.' I say, now worrying about Dr. Han walking into the room and seeing me gone when she told me that I'm not allowed to move anytime soon. 

'Hurry now.' Daeyoung tells me as we get back down to the hospital, the alpha members returning to guard the room while I shove myself out of the suit and put on the patient's clothes again. He tries to help me change out of my trousers, only to stop seeing Dr. Han standing at the door staring at the two of us. 

'What are you doing?' She asks Sergeant Seo holding my belt, Dr. Han holding extra IVs in her hands. I swallow as her gaze shifts over to the suit currently messily thrown on the bed, coming closer and picking up the shirt. 

'I literally just went out for some fresh air.' I reply, gesturing at the window, but Dr. Han looks over to Sergeant Seo still wearing the same suit as me.  

'If you keep moving like that you'll have to stay here longer.' She says blandly, placing me down on the bed and changing out the needle on the IV. 

'...' I only smile, gesturing at her that I am fine although she does not look convinced. 

'I'll come back later with your lunch but if you're out of bed, I'll chase you down.' She replies, disinfecting the back of my hand and putting the new clean needle of the IV into the blood vessel. 

'Ouch.' I whine, holding onto my arm as she places a plaster securely on my hand, going on to lie on the bed while glancing at her unimpressed expression. 'I think the needle hurts more than my wounds.' I say again, Sergeant Seo behind Dr. Han also looking at me with a blank face. 

'I won't go anywhere.' I say in the end as neither of them comes to my aid. 

Y/n's pov

Walking out of the OR, your phone rings, and you turn the corner to take your phone out of your white coat. Swiping to take the call, you hear Reporter Kim's voice on the other side. 

'Ah, Han ee-sa-nim, I just wanted to call to thank you. I just had my performance evaluation and I was chosen to be promoted.' He says with a bright tone, and you glance at your surroundings in case anyone is near before replying.

'Congratulations. Now I should call you General Manager Reporter Kim.' You say, the reporter chuckling from the other side. 

'I'm following up with the Lieutenant and the director's case. The police and the prosecutors are awfully quiet about it, though. I don't know if they are doing anything suspicious in the background.' He says, and you push the strands of hair out of your face at the expected trajectory of your brother's defense. 

'I trust Detective O to take care of the police, but the court...I'm not so sure either. But this was expected. My brother does this all the time. Don't worry too much, Reporter Kim. I appreciate all the work you have done so far.' You reply, Reporter Kim sighing deeply from the other side. Despite everyone's wish for bad people to get punished for good, the world was not always fair. It almost never gave a satisfying ending when big money and power were on the line.