Chapter 31

Author's note: omg this story hit 2k views so quick :) Thanks for reading !

Y/n's pov

'Do you remember what happened last night?' Captain Yoo asks as you meet him at the hangover soup restaurant, watching you scratch your hair. 

'No.' You reply, gladly sipping the spicy soup steaming in front of you. 'Did I do something?' You ask, the mischievous look returning to his face.

'You said you missed me so much and kissed me.' He responds, his smile faltering as you nod and carry on eating your breakfast. 'You're not surprised?' He asks, stirring his own soup with rice inside. 

'What's there to be surprised about?' You ask back, Captain Yoo's mouth falling open. 

'So you did really miss me?' He asks again, watching you open the lid for the kimchi pot next to you and taking a chopstick full of kimchi onto the side plate in front of you both. 

'I think we already told each other that over the phone...Also, you have to be here so that I can annoy my brother even more. He tried to bully Dr. Kang by putting her in the ER but I threatened him with some pictures.' You reply, Captain Yoo's lips pulling into a displeased expression. 

'I wasn't asking for a logical answer.' He replies jokingly, staring at you reaching for the water. Sipping your water, you see him answer his call as his phone vibrates, his expression becoming serious. 

'Dangyeol. Captain Yoo Shi Jin.' He says, hearing the person say something on the other line. 'I understand.' He replies, the person ending the call.

'I think I have to go. My department store.' He says to you watching him blankly, his expression looking guilty to leave you alone. 

'Okay. But be careful. I think by now my brother would have figured out someone was watching my back when we were in Uruk. He might try to find you.' You reply, Captain Yoo's smile returning back to his face. 

'I don't think the military will let a civilian know of our operations. But I will be careful.' He replies, waving his hand and leaving the restaurant. You watch him walk across the road, sprinting as he sees no cars coming his way for a few seconds before returning to your food. 

Shi Jin's pov

I stand in front of the door where North Korean and South Korean politicians are doing their Summit, Ahn Sang-wi from North Korea guarding the door next to me. 

'Long time no see. Still alive.' He says to me quietly, referring to the time when we fought just to put on an act a few months ago in another mission. 

'I heard you lost your rank. I'm sorry.' I reply, him only smiling bitterly. 

After a few hours, the North Korean officers lead us to a restaurant near the place of the summit, the one that does authentic Pyung Yang cold noodles that South Koreans only imagine trying. 

'Thanks to Ahn Sang-wi, we get to eat Pyung Yang cold noodles.' I say as both teams are sitting at different tables, bowls of cold noodles in front of us. 

'Just let us try South Korean bibimbap next time.' He replies as we all take our chopsticks from the table. 

'How should we eat it?' I ask, mixing the vegetables on top into the cold soup with ice flakes floating on top.