Chapter 57

Y/n's pov

Reporter Kim awkwardly cleans the apartment, moving to the basement as you sit next to Axel with the emergency box on the couch. You glance at him looking at you with a smile despite the cuts and bruises lining his skin everywhere as you open the box, taking out a gauze and tweezers. 

'Don't look at me like that

'Don't look at me like that. I'm fine.' He says as you take the antiseptics, soaking it into the gauze. 

'I guess I'm better at keeping you safe than your boyfriend.' Axel says again jokingly as you dab the cuts with the antiseptics, laughing as you look up at him from the wounds. 'I was joking.' He says, waving you off. 

'I'm scared of his reaction tomorrow so don't.' You reply, pressing the gauze to the slit on his skin as the blood seeps onto it. 

'Do I get to meet him tomorrow?' Axel asks, his eyes following your hand placing plasters over the open skin. 

'No.' You respond curtly, Axel looking surprised as you carry on treating the wounds on his arm. 'Reporter Kim and I will drive you to the airport tomorrow morning before the ceremony. You forget everything that happened here. Mr. Lee already called your work and your family you had finished your holiday. They think you just needed time off, so play along when you get back.' You explain, Axel stopping your hand upon hearing your words. 

'You didn't tell me.' He says quietly as you place the tweezer onto the side, taking another plaster from the box. 

'Well, I'm telling you now.' You reply, unwrapping the plaster.

'Are you that desperate to get rid of me before your boyfriend sees me?' He asks again, his voice sounding light-hearted, unlike his expression. 

'Because, now that Haesung knows about you too, you need to get out of here as soon as possible.' You reply, Axel falling silent for a few seconds. 

'But you'll be the chairman tomorrow. And they already saw what I can do to them.' He argues, his gaze on you as you move on to treat the cuts on his shoulder. 

'Even if I let you stay tomorrow, you can't stay here forever. Your life is over there. In Seattle.' You say, tapping the wound with the antiseptic gauze. He turns back to look down at his hands, his palm wrapped in bandages. 

'...' He falls silent again, and you glance at him once before silently placing the plasters over the cut. 'So you really just...called me all the way here for your own needs.' You stop, Axel sounding bitter while you only look over to the thin cut on his shoulder.