Chapter 64

Y/n's pov

'Murder solicitation of Chun Moon Young and Logan Lee. Guilty. Two attempts and solicitation of murder of Captain Yoo Shi Jin. Guilty. And three accounts of the murder attempt of Han Y/n. Also guilty.' The judge announces with a grim face, reaching for the gavel on the desk.

'Therefore, both Han Seok Won and Han Sung Dae. You are sentenced to execution. Not only the murder attempts and solicitation were malicious enough, but these were also against their own family members. There is no room for parole. Thus execution instead of a life sentence.' The judge says as your father's fists tremble in rage from the other side, your lawyer next to you leaning back in her seat in satisfaction. It is true that in Korea, even when one is sentenced to execution, it is not actually carried out. It just meant that people did not have a chance of parole like a lot of people did if they were given a life sentence.

'You think I'll just rot in hell?' Han Seok Won shouts while shoving his seat back, pointing his finger at the judge even as his lawyer groans, pulling him back down to his seat. 'Check- check them. She- she must have done something. To revenge-' He yells, looking between you and the judge.

'You, you give me this useless piece of shit to defend my side-' He turns to your father giving him a narrow glinting gaze, pointing at his lawyer. You had prevented them from accessing any of Haesung's legal team, making them turn to second options. The lawyer whips his head to Han Seok Won, his face distorting into an offended look.

'Defendant. Mockery of the courtroom will not end well for you.' The judge says, your father hissing at his son to shut up.

'All rise.' Someone says, everyone in the courtroom standing up, including the lawyer forcefully pulling Han Seok Won up as the judge glances at him. The court applauses as the guards drag Han Seok Won and your father off the chairs, their hands bound in handcuffs, being dragged backward.

'Ya! Ya- I swear- I'm going to end you both when I come out-' Han Seok Won screams as he is pulled back by the guards, your father only glaring at you through the crowd as they are led outside.

'Grab them.' The guard only orders, pulling Han Seok Won up from the floor as he practically throws a fit. You feel Captain Yoo's hand on your shoulder, him having come over from the back seats.

'You, be quiet. If you had done one thing correctly we wouldn't be here.' Your father says, his voice straining as it gradually grows watching his son despair on the court floor with the reporters now barging in. You only wave your hand as the guards carry them outside, Captain Yoo only watching the two of them grimly.

Shi Jin's pov

'Now that everything is finding its place, I have a request.' I say, Dr. Han looking up from the coffee cup on the table as we sit in the cafe.

'Do we have a new target who we need to take down?' She asks, reaching over to the steaming coffee and taking a sip. I feel my lips arch at her thought process, reaching for my own coffee.

'Nope. No third person involved.' I reply, Dr. Han giving me a questioning look. 'I realised, we never said we love each other. At least not...directly.' I suggest, Dr. Han only staring at me waiting for me to carry on.

'Are words necessary?' She replies, her expression looking unreadable as always.

'No. But I still want to hear it.' I say, placing the coffee cup back down on the table. 'Since you saw me write it though, and since you're the younger one, this time you say it first.' I suggest, Dr. Han's face remaining impassable.