Chapter 13

Y/n's pov

After you wash the ocean water and the sand off of yourself, rinsing yourself clean, you enter an empty room in the building of the dining hall, placing your emergency box next to you. You take the antiseptic medicine, looking at the scrapes on your knee, blood seeping through. You feel yourself flinch as you disinfect the wound, closing the lid back and reaching to take some plasters. You feel someone stop your hand, seeing Captain Yoo having changed into new clothes. Taking the plaster, he kneels down in front of you silently, placing the plaster over the wound.

'What's your plan?' He asks as he takes another plaster, placing it over your palm where the scabs have fallen off from you digging into it.

'What plan?' You reply as he taps over them.

'The plan that's more important than your life.' He says, looking up at you from the floor.

'I told you. I want you to stay as you are now. My plan is not suited for you.' You reply, his face looking disappointed as he takes a seat beside you on the chair.

'How would I know if I don't hear it?' He asks, and you take the fountain pen from your pocket, taking the chip out.

'There's nothing good for you if you get involved as a soldier. But I'll tell you what this is in case something else happens to me. In that case, I trust you to bring Han Seok Won down or destroy Haesung overall, I don't care.' You say, Captain Yoo shifting nervously next to you.

'My mother and Mr. Lee gifted this to me for my birthday a year ago from the day. It being a pen is only to deceive people. It records voices and videos. That's all I can tell you for now. But if something happens to me while I'm here, you have to keep this safe no matter what.'  You say again, Captain Yoo reaching for the pen and the memory card and inspecting it.

'Why do you sound like you'll die?' He asks, placing the memory card into the pen with a click.

'It's a warzone. Nobody knows what'll happen here. Like today.' You reply, taking the pen back and placing it in your pocket.

'Does that mean you accept me as the second soldier in your war?' He asks again, and you shake your head.

'No. It's still just me.' You say, Captain Yoo looking confused as he turns to you.

'But Dr. Kang told me that you two started as a team for your plan.' He says, turning to face you as you feel your lips arch at the memories.

'Because me and Dr. Kang have nothing more to lose.' You reply, feeling his gaze still on you.

Shi Jin's pov

'But you have too much you could lose.' She says, her voice more like a whisper. 'If I lose my job in the process, I'll find it somewhere else, if I lose my entire pay and inheritance, I'll earn it back from the bottom. If I lose my title as Haesung's heir, I'll work twice as hard to take it back.' She says, her eyes burning yet hiding her anger inside.

'It's the same for Dr. Kang. I can take responsibility for her. But I know in the end, it has to be me. I can't ask any more people to risk their lives for my own wishes.' She says again, turning to face me, her glinting eyes staring into my soul.

'The beliefs you have and your honor as a soldier are something you can't buy with money. And once I let you into my plan, all your beliefs will come crashing down.' She states, her flames burning into my own eyes.