Chapter 26

Surveillance footage 2024xruw3

The doctor raises her head after the gangs stop shooting the wall from behind her, her face covered in tears but the undying murderous glare on her eyes remains. The gang leader makes his way towards her as she catches her breath, her gaze shifting over to his face. 

'Wasting your bullets just to scare me? But you'll never break me.' She says, her eyes dark as the gang leader shudders. 

'You want to die?' He shouts, grabbing her by the collar and shoving his pistol on her temple.

'I've been asking you to do it for hours.' She responds, her eyes turning hollow as she speaks. Before the gang leader does anything else, the other gang member calls him, confirming that their weapons have been delivered successfully. 

'Finally!' Argus yells, ignoring the doctor watching in hatred. 'Now I can finally leave.' He shouts, his gaze moving back to the doctor and gesturing at the other gang members. They bring out a vest of explosives, the doctor struggling against the gangs undoing her shackles before trying to put her into the vest. 

'You asked for it.' The gang leader says as he grins into the doctor's face watching her eyes turn livid while the gangs trap her in the explosives. 

'Fine. I die, you die.' She says, pushing the gang members back forcefully and stepping closer to Argus, her craved fury on her face as the gang leader slams down the pistol on her head, her face turning to the side.

'You're the one who asked for a fight. See who has less to lose.' She hisses as the other gang members restrain her hands in handcuffs once again, the streak of red blood trickling down her temple from the cut.  

'Bring her out.' The gang leader orders, the others dragging her out of the room. 

Shi Jin's pov

After I make the call to the Chairman of the Arab League to use the last business card, calling for a helicopter, I arrive at Argus' base. Shoving the car door, I get out, sprinting into the shadowed building in front of me. 

I shoot down the gangs in an instant as I enter, the dark hollow corridor stretching out as more gang members come out. Turning to my side, I shoot down the one holding out a pistol, moving my hand by an inch to shoot the other one in the torso. Sensing another gang member in the corner, I twist my hands to point the gun, the gang shoving a child in front of him, his pistol pointed at the child's head. I drop my gun, holding my hands up as he comes out of the dark. 

Before I can figure out how to deal with him, the gang member suddenly drops dead from a bullet into his forehead. Turning around, I stay alert, only to see Daeyoung and three other alpha members showing themselves in the same black jacket and hat as me.

'Why are you holding your hands up?' Sergeant Seo asks blankly, the others behind him smiling proudly.

'I'm greeting my team.' I reply, Sergeant Seo's lips arching upwards.

'All alpha members are back from our holiday.' He says, gesturing at me to take back my gun. 

Surveillance footage 2024uxrtuv4

The soldiers get into place, leaving the Captain alone in the corridor waiting for the gang to show up with the hostage. He grips his gun hearing the gang leader's voice from the distance, becoming alert as they turn the corner. The Captain's eyes turn livid seeing the blood trickle down from the doctor's head onto the bruise on her chin, watching her eyes glint murderously at the gang leader pulling her forward. He raises his gun at the gang leader but freezes as he sees the doctor in explosives, the gang leader holding up the transmitter in his hand.