PART 2: SEOUL - Chapter 28

Y/n's pov

The second to last day in Uruk was indeed chaotic, you and the other medical team doing the last ward round for the patients and taking Fatima to Valentine who will be her guardian until she wins Haesung's scholarship to study in Korea which took the whole day, finally leaving you with Captain Yoo on the stone structure looking out to the Uruk's scenery below. You watch the sunset, the summery breeze blowing over feeling sweet when thinking about the cold of winter it'll be when you get back. 

'Do you ever think about stopping? And just going somewhere else to live peacefully?' Captain Yoo asks suddenly, stepping closer to you to watch the sunset. 

'I tried that. It didn't work.' You reply, inhaling the fresh air. 'They follow you until you're dead if you run away. Crushing them myself is the only solution. And that'll be when I become the chairman of Haesung.' You say, turning to face him. 

'So you'll release his crimes against your family and you when you go back?' He asks, glancing at you from his view, the golden sunlight illuminating his eyes. 

'It's too early. That's the final push to get my brother and father off of the cliff.' You respond, Captain Yoo looking confused as he also turns to face you, watching your lips arch upwards.

'Until then, I'll be making my own loyal people. Small but strong.' You say, his eyes looking into yours. 

'You already have me. And everyone else.' He replies, referring to Myung Joo, Mo Yeon, and Daniel. 

'Yes, but I mean also I need everyone to be dispersed. One from the press, one from the police, one from the legal profession. Like a web that Han Seok Won can't escape once he falls through the cliff.' You explain, Captain Yoo nodding slowly, not quite following your chain of thought. 

'You'll bribe them?' He asks bluntly, and you frown, watching his concerned face. 

'Who do you think I am? Of course not.' You reply, Captain Yoo's expression returning back to his usual pleasant one.

'I was joking.' He says, leaning against the stone structure while looking out to the whole of Uruk.

'You, as I said, just stay as an honorable soldier. It suits you the most. And leave the politics to me.' You respond, his lips pulling into a smile. 

'But all things aside, will you try watching the movie with me again? You fell asleep last time.' He asks, and you remember only a few months ago when you tried so hard to get rid of him following you around. 

'Sure.' You reply, Captain Yoo once again turning towards you. 

'I also have a present for you.' He says, reaching into his uniform and taking a white pebble out onto his palm. You stare at the white stone, Captain Yoo only taking your hand and placing it on your palm.

'Does it still look sad to you?' He asks as he sees the corners of your lips arch. 

'It looks sad but that makes it beautiful.' You reply, taking it into your pocket. 

He stays silent, his gaze reflecting the sunset lowering over to your lips. You feel him step forward, leaning into your face until you feel his lips meeting yours. His hands slide over to your back, your eyelashes brushing on his cheek while you move your hands to cup his face. You pull away, inhaling the early evening breeze, it feeling chilly against the warmth of his hands on your waist. 

'When you first saw me, what did you think of me?' He asks suddenly, pulling you closer to him.

'Annoying.' You say, Captain Yoo laughing out loud.