[DOTS Y/n x Shi Jin] Always B...

By redmelon12

Han Y/n is the daughter of Han Sung Dae, the chairman of the Haesung group, and the half-sister of Han Seok W... More

PART 1: Uruk - Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
PART 3: War - Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
PART 4: Final Steps - Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Epilogue
Special episode 1
Special episode 2
Special episode 3
Sequel Announcement

PART 2: SEOUL - Chapter 28

302 16 0
By redmelon12

Y/n's pov

The second to last day in Uruk was indeed chaotic, you and the other medical team doing the last ward round for the patients and taking Fatima to Valentine who will be her guardian until she wins Haesung's scholarship to study in Korea which took the whole day, finally leaving you with Captain Yoo on the stone structure looking out to the Uruk's scenery below. You watch the sunset, the summery breeze blowing over feeling sweet when thinking about the cold of winter it'll be when you get back. 

'Do you ever think about stopping? And just going somewhere else to live peacefully?' Captain Yoo asks suddenly, stepping closer to you to watch the sunset. 

'I tried that. It didn't work.' You reply, inhaling the fresh air. 'They follow you until you're dead if you run away. Crushing them myself is the only solution. And that'll be when I become the chairman of Haesung.' You say, turning to face him. 

'So you'll release his crimes against your family and you when you go back?' He asks, glancing at you from his view, the golden sunlight illuminating his eyes. 

'It's too early. That's the final push to get my brother and father off of the cliff.' You respond, Captain Yoo looking confused as he also turns to face you, watching your lips arch upwards.

'Until then, I'll be making my own loyal people. Small but strong.' You say, his eyes looking into yours. 

'You already have me. And everyone else.' He replies, referring to Myung Joo, Mo Yeon, and Daniel. 

'Yes, but I mean also I need everyone to be dispersed. One from the press, one from the police, one from the legal profession. Like a web that Han Seok Won can't escape once he falls through the cliff.' You explain, Captain Yoo nodding slowly, not quite following your chain of thought. 

'You'll bribe them?' He asks bluntly, and you frown, watching his concerned face. 

'Who do you think I am? Of course not.' You reply, Captain Yoo's expression returning back to his usual pleasant one.

'I was joking.' He says, leaning against the stone structure while looking out to the whole of Uruk.

'You, as I said, just stay as an honorable soldier. It suits you the most. And leave the politics to me.' You respond, his lips pulling into a smile. 

'But all things aside, will you try watching the movie with me again? You fell asleep last time.' He asks, and you remember only a few months ago when you tried so hard to get rid of him following you around. 

'Sure.' You reply, Captain Yoo once again turning towards you. 

'I also have a present for you.' He says, reaching into his uniform and taking a white pebble out onto his palm. You stare at the white stone, Captain Yoo only taking your hand and placing it on your palm.

'Does it still look sad to you?' He asks as he sees the corners of your lips arch. 

'It looks sad but that makes it beautiful.' You reply, taking it into your pocket. 

He stays silent, his gaze reflecting the sunset lowering over to your lips. You feel him step forward, leaning into your face until you feel his lips meeting yours. His hands slide over to your back, your eyelashes brushing on his cheek while you move your hands to cup his face. You pull away, inhaling the early evening breeze, it feeling chilly against the warmth of his hands on your waist. 

'When you first saw me, what did you think of me?' He asks suddenly, pulling you closer to him.

'Annoying.' You say, Captain Yoo laughing out loud. 

'Why?' He asks, his fingers brushing away your loose strands of hair blowing in the wind. 

'I had my overnight surgery earlier that day so I hadn't slept at all. And then Private Kim came in with a bunch of plushies and whining. Then you and Sergeant Seo came in dressed like a gang member and demanded the phone that clearly did not look like yours.' You say honestly, Captain Yoo's mouth gaping open. 

'And now? I'm still annoying?' He asks, even though you see his lips pulling into a smile.

'Sometimes. When you insist that I confessed to you in my will.' You reply, Captain Yoo jokingly making an offended expression. 

'But the meaning of your will was that. Or at least the one you gave after the whole incident.' He says, and you let it go enjoying his warmth.

'Now that I'm about to go back, I'm excited to see Han Seok Won's face when I show up alive.' You say, Captain Yoo's expression faltering just a little. 

'Now, while I'm still here waiting for my peacekeeping period to end, don't do anything dangerous. I won't be there to keep you safe when you get into trouble.' He says, and you nod. 

'I'm going to lay low for a bit. But I can't promise anything.' You reply, Captain Yoo considering your words for a few seconds.

'Then let me know whenever you're about to do something dangerous. Like a code word.' He suggests, and you feel the corner of your lips arch up once more. 'When you say you're going to a department store, I'll take that as standby. In case you need me to come save you.' He says, to which you nod.

'I will be building a big, fat department store of my own. Filled with expensive things to bring them down to hell.' You say, Captain Yoo watching you silently. 

'And more importantly, don't go falling for other guys. Wait for me.' He says suddenly, and you respond with a smile before you feel his lips pressing down onto yours once more. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Iya, I'm going to miss this view.' Nurse Ha says, watching the soldiers run laps for the last time as you get ready to return to Korea today. 

'I know. I wish I could film it and play it on the big screen every morning.' Mo Yeon says, ignoring you giving her a look. 

'I told you not to go falling for other guys but then you're already looking at other men?' You look up, finding Captain Yoo blocking your view. Before you reply, the siren goes off, a memorial for everyone who passed in the earthquake. Everyone stands to face the Korean flag, looking towards the white flag with red, blue, and black together. 

Despite everything, medical volunteering was over. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(ootd+coat)

After hours of plane ride, you were standing in front of Haesung Hospital, the other staff being excited about the small mundane life returning to them, but you were more excited to see Han Seok Won's face when you enter through the door. 

The others go into the hospital, the loud applause coming from the lobby filled with the hospital staff and reporters. You watch them shake hands with Han Seok Won, him placing a bouquet of flowers to Mo Yeon in the front. She hesitantly takes it, looking down at the colourful flowers as the others cheer them. Looking at Mo Yeon's displeased back, you enter through the door, slowly taking your sunglasses off and securing them on your coat. 

You see Han Seok Won's eyes shift over to you, his face paling as your lips arch upwards without the smile genuinely reaching your eyes. He clenches his eyes shut once, opening them back to only find you walking closer to him. You raise your eyebrows as you scan him, the satisfying smile never leaving your face. 

'You didn't buy any for your sister?' You ask, looking back at Mo Yeon holding the bouquet uncomfortably behind you. You get the second wave of satisfaction from seeing his lips tremble watching your eyes fill with venom as you step closer to him. 

'As if...you didn't want me coming back.' You say quietly, the reporters taking pictures of you two with a grin, possibly thinking to write how the sibling who does such good things is being reunited after months. You raise your eyebrows at Han Seok Won's lips twitching in irritation, his eyes growing livid. 

'Try to smile a bit. There are reporters.' You whisper, wiping the smile off of your face and grabbing his chin, pulling it towards you. 'You can't beat me. Whatever you do.' You whisper into his ear again, watching his face distort in anger. 

'Ya-' He starts, but you only tap his cheek slightly too harshly for a friendly gesture, being unable to resist the sweet dopamine seeing his reaction just as you hoped.

'Let's try to get along, shall we.' You say, before walking past him with Mo Yeon happily trailing along. 

'So what do we do now?' She asks as she catches up to you, and you feel your smile grow wider.

'Where we left off.' You reply, handing her a stack of scripts. 'You had a lot of shows calling you while we were gone, so you have a lot to catch up on. Starting from tonight.' You say, Mo Yeon gladly taking the scripts and show notes. 

As you get into the ER department, you call Captain Yoo, him picking up the call at an instant. 

'Did you land safely?' He asks as you glance at Han Seok Won in the distance still fuming. 

'I did. But I'll be going to a department store tonight.' You say, Captain Yoo falling silent for a few seconds.

'I thought you won't be doing anything dangerous yet.' He replies, and you feel yourself smiling.

'It's not dangerous in nature. I have a family dinner. And I'm going to keep my brother on edge.' You respond, Captain Yoo sighing before carrying on.

'Just let me know when you are out of there.' He says, to which you agree, both of you ending the call. 

CCTV footage 20240131

'Explain this. Now. Why the fuck is she here.' The man shouts into his phone as he is facing away from his desk into the window, the sleek black name flag on the maroon desk showing "Han Seok Won, Director" in gold writing. 

'I apologise-'

'I don't want your goddamn apology. Tell me how you failed your one job. You know how much money I spent on this?' He screams into the call, the secretary on the other side stuttering in fear.

'There seemed to be...complications.' The secretary replies, the man whipping around and kicking the desk in fury.

'Clearly, there was. What I want to know is, you fucking chicken head, is what complications.' He shouts again, his voice shaking from rage. 

'There was a soldier...who seemed to be protecting her. He..killed Argus. After saving her from the cliff.' The secretary says defeatedly, the director holding his forehead while whining mockingly. 

'And you only tell me that now?!' The man screams again, the secretary only muttering something to ease his anger.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/n's pov

The day goes quickly, and once more being thrown in the ER with patients with injuries ranging from minor ones to life-threatening ones the whole day. As the dark sets in, you finally walk out of the OP room, and change out of your scrub into your own clothes. 

'I'll be off early. See you tomorrow.' You say to the people at the front desk, them bowing their heads to you as you walk out to the beauty salon that has been taking care of your family for years. 

'Han ee-sa-nim (*managing director), it's been so long.' The makeup artist says as she sees you walk in, taking your bag and coat off. 

'I've come back only today from medical volunteering.' You say as she leads you to a changing room to change into your dress for the evening. Taking your dress from the hanger, you look at the cleavage over your shoulder, feeling your lips pull into a smile thinking about torturing your brother the whole evening. 

The off-shoulder dress fits closely around your frame, accentuating the lines and curves as it forms rich folds down. You look into the mirror, staring at the bullet scar looking still red from the scab forming on your open shoulder. 

The makeup artist yelps as you walk out, her eyes fixed on the scar on your shoulder. She bows immediately, apologising for her reaction, but you only offer a smile before sitting down on your seat in front of the mirror. 

'It looks ugly, right?' You say, although you know that it is your biggest weapon tonight.

'No, of course not. If it bothers you, we can cover it with concealer-'

'That's fine. I would rather keep it how it is.' You reply, the makeup artist only nodding awkwardly before taking the products off of the shelves and changing the topic. 

'So I've heard. I missed doing your makeup and hair.' She replies sweetly, her eyes wide as she takes the products into her hands, gently massaging into your face. 'Even when you've been in those countries, your skin's still glowing.' She says as she taps the skin slowly. 

She carries on doing your skin, eyebrows, eyes, and lips before curling your hair in its usual light waves but adding her touch of professionalism to perfect the angles. 

'What happened here too? It must have hurt.' She says as she takes the curling iron, looking at the stitch mark on your head.

'I've had some accidents. The area was a warzone so.' You reply, the young makeup artist's face turning into a shocked one before she carries on. 

'Must be so brave to go there to save people.' She says, to which you only smile blandly. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

345K 10.1K 44
a mafia member, Y/N, woke up from a coma with an amnesia. She was convinced to regained all her past memories by her boyfriend and finally became the...
18.3K 498 27
Y/n is a new student in Seoul, South Korea. She was born and raised in Gwangju, South Korea with her older brother by one year named Chae Hyungwon. H...
5.4K 341 19
Child Prodigy well, That's what (Y/n) was. Born in a noble family in the royal palace, She was the top among all. Officials ask her for strategies si...
7.9K 526 8
BTS, a sibling group of seven boys, seems to have it all! money, looks, luxury, adoration from both genders, but beneath the glitz and glamour lies a...