[DOTS Y/n x Shi Jin] Always B...

By redmelon12

Han Y/n is the daughter of Han Sung Dae, the chairman of the Haesung group, and the half-sister of Han Seok W... More

PART 1: Uruk - Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
PART 2: SEOUL - Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
PART 3: War - Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
PART 4: Final Steps - Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Epilogue
Special episode 1
Special episode 2
Special episode 3
Sequel Announcement

Chapter 21

317 20 0
By redmelon12

Y/n's pov

'So you think Fatima took the medicine? For what, to sell it?' You ask Captain Yoo as he drives towards whoever he said would know where both of them are. 

'I guess we'll find out.' He replies, pulling up at the bar you went together before. Getting out of the car, you enter the bar, seeing the female owner walk up to the both of you. 

'You're here again.' She says to Captain Yoo with a grin as he comes to stand next to you, shaking their hands together. 

'Today for information instead of food.' He responds, the owner's expression changing into a questioning one. 

'You know we don't sell information here.' The owner replies, crossing her arms as she cocks her head to one side. 

'Someone stole our medicine that was supposed to go around to earthquake survivors. And the medicine is narcotic.' You explain, the owner finally looking at you and inhaling deeply as she looks between the two of you. Captain smiles next to you, hoping that the owner would help you both. 

'Fine. Just this once.' She says, taking a map of Uruk and placing it on the counter. You and Captain Yoo move closer to the counter, watching the owner take a marker, and place an X on one area of the map. 

'That's the black market. If anything is being sold, it's there.' She says, handing you the map. 

'Thank you.' Captain Yoo replies, and you follow him out to the car with the marked map. 

'So if that's true, she's trying to sell that? I thought I talked to her enough yesterday.' You say, placing the map on your lap as you get into the car, putting your seatbelt on. 

'I heard you told her something scary.' Captain Yoo smiles as he turns the car back on, driving towards the black market as the owner marked. 

'I told her to live properly. That's not scary.' You reply, his smile only widening as he drives away. 

Shi Jin's pov

Reaching the area where the owner marked on the map, I look around through the window for any suspicious acts, catching a group of gangs holding guns inside a filthy building. Dr. Han also glances at the area as I park the car, turning to me as I call her.

'I think I know where to look now. It's too dangerous. Stay here for five minutes and if I don't come back, go back to base and ask for help.' I say, Dr. Han looking at me with a confused expression. 

'Five? You can get Fatima and medicine in that time?' She asks, and I nod, giving her a smile. 

'I'm good at my job. Now just listen to this, and hold on for five minutes.' I say, taking a pair of headphones from the front part of the car and putting them in her ears. She still eyes me with an unsure expression as I play loud music, increasing the volume. 

'I'll be back.' I mouth at her, Dr. Han nodding as she looks at the time on the screen. 

With that, I close the car door, sprinting towards the building, seeing Fatima's red dress. Throwing open the door, I see a group of gang around the girl, shouting something as she begs to one of them. I see the boxes of painkillers rolling on the floor, finding some of them already shattered, the contents flowing onto the ground. They stop to look at me from their act, the girl's expression brightening just a little as she sees me. 

'What are you now?' One of them asks, touching his gun in what he thinks is a threatening way, swaying to his sides. 

'Let her go.' I say, the others following the guy to face me, smirking amongst themselves. 

'Let her go while I count to three.' I repeat, the boys grinning to themselves as I get my hands ready on the gun. 

'He's just one soldier.' I hear them say, them fixing their grips on the gun while glaring at me. 

'But he said don't fight with soldiers.'

'Just kill him.' 

'We're a group and he's just one.' 

'Three.' I count, placing my hand on my gun as they flex their arms with smug looks on their faces. 

'Two.' I say, taking the gun out of my belt. 

'One.' Shoving the gun into my hands, I start shooting the floor inches away from their legs, the boys' eyes widening as they scatter in a million directions. Pulling one to the side as he points his gun at me, I roll him over my back, stepping on his wrist before kicking the gun away. The one in a grey shirt reaches his gun towards me, only to be met with my own gun hitting him across the face. He tumbles down, taking down the other two behind him. 

'Catch him!' I hear the guy on the floor shout at the others still standing, them running toward me at full speed as I elbow one in the jaw, kicking his torso before pulling the one behind me over my back. 

'Get outside and find the car parked outside.' I shout to Fatima still watching me, her quickly pulling herself onto her feet and starting to run. 

'Hey! Don't let her get away!' The boys shout as they stand back up, pointing their guns at the girl. Before they can shoot, I slam the bottom of my gun to their heads from behind, shoving my elbow back feeling their jaw crack from the blow. From the corner of my eyes, I see another one with a bruised face pull the trigger, and I throw myself in front of his gun, gripping his hand and pointing to the ceiling. The bullet hits the pipe above, it crashing down in pieces onto the floor. 

Y/n's pov

4 minutes.

You bite your nail, getting anxious as you wait for Captain Yoo to return with Fatima, the music he played into your ear only repeating after it has run through once already. Looking up, you see Fatima running towards you, opening the door to the back seat and throwing herself inside. 

'They're shooting. Shooting.' She mouthes at you, her hand stopping you as you try to pull out your earbuds. You assume that she did not want you to have an episode right now from the shootings, only mouthing the words over and over. 

'Where's Captain Yoo?' You ask, her pointing at the building with a distressed expression. 

4 minutes 30 seconds

'Put your seatbelt on.' You say to Fatima as you cross to the driver's seat, increasing the volume to the earpiece and inhaling deeply. She stares at you with a confused look for a few seconds but still puts on the seatbelt. Checking that she has the seatbelt on, you start the car, Fatima gulping as you glance at her once more through the back mirror.  

'When I get into the building, open the door for him.' You say, watching her nod from the back seat. Taking another breath, you push the accelerator in full force, the car lurching upwards once as it speeds towards the entrance of the building. You feel your eyes strain from the adrenaline, somehow your foot pressing harder into the accelerator nearing the entrance. 

The car slams through the wide wooden doors, and you close your eyes as you see the guns scattered on the floor, the empty broken glass vials of medicine covering the area. Pressing the brake pedal, you feel the car skid across the floor, it wavering slightly as you sense Fatima open the door. After a split second, the car wavers onto one side again, and you shove your foot over the accelerator once more, the car lurches up again, before hitting something concrete in front of you. Your breath hitches as the seatbelt tugs on your neck from the impact, the car sliding forward. 

'Han seon-saeng, are you okay?' You hear Captain Yoo call you through the loud music that he put on. Opening your eyes, you see him take out the earbuds from your ears from the back seat, grinning as he returns to his seat. 

'So everyone lived.' You ask, seeing Fatima and Captain Yoo sitting in the back seat. 

'Weren't you...getting PTSD episodes?' He asks worriedly, and you drive across the road.

'Almost. So I closed my eyes.' You reply, seeing his mouth open wide.

'Did you not think that you could have hit me with the car?' Captain Yoo says with a surprised expression watching you drive steadily through the road.

'You said you would risk your life for me.' You respond, his mouth opening wider as he slaps his forehead. 'Well, I trusted you to get out of the way. And get in the car.' You say, him shifting in his seat and reaching for the seatbelt. 

'I'm going to have to put on my seatbelt because of the way you drive.' He says, pulling the belt from the side and attaching it to the seat. 

'I told you to leave in five minutes. But then you barge into the building at 4 minutes 30.' He says again, watching your reflection in the mirror.

'You didn't listen to me on the cliff so.' You reply, eyeing him in the back. Captain Yoo chuckles from behind, relaxing his shoulders as he leans his seat backward. But before he gets to sleep at all, you feel the car stop abruptly, seeing smoke from the bottom. 

'You broke the car? Again?' You hear Captain Yoo's voice as he lifts his head from his position, watching you crane your neck to find the problem.

'I think so.' You reply blandly, hitting the accelerator with your feet as the car doesn't budge an inch.

'You really can pay for three cars?' He asks, and you only lean back into your own seat, glancing back at him. 

'I'm not paying.' You reply, Captain Yoo's face turning dark as he points to himself.

'No, say thanks to my brother. I'll be putting all my car problems as accidents during Haesung medical volunteering. He'll be really salty that I get to live and also charge him for accidents.' You say again, Captain Yoo's expression finding peace once again as he reaches for his radio to call for help. 

Shi Jin's pov

After we get back, Dr. Han leaves for medicube to check on the earthquake survivors, and me to do the errands around the base. Entering the dining hall, I see Dr. Han's back as she sits at the table, her fingers playing with the fountain pen. I smile watching her uncap the pen and put it back on, making my way towards her. 

'Are you really going to finance Fatima's education?' I ask, remembering how she told Fatima that she would recommend her to get Haesung's scholarship in Korea, only if she doesn't go back to the gangs. 

'It's not me, it's her who has to try to get that scholarship.' Dr. Han replies, and I take a seat on the table in front of her.

'Still, you know, even if you may be a millionaire or an heir, you can't change the world.' I say, Dr. Han leaning back in her seat. 

'I'm not trying to. I don't want her to end up like me, being full of hatred and vengeance blaming the people who did me wrong to make my life so miserable. For the last four years, I only spent planning for revenge. I couldn't do anything else for myself. But I can't stop now that I've started it.' 

'All the words that you say are so you. Goddess of revenge.' I say, reaching my hand to pat her head despite Dr. Han looking unimpressed. 

'Do you want ramen?' I ask instead as I hold up two packs of instant noodles. 

'You had spicy Korean food all this time? And only fed us bread and spaghetti?' She asks, taking one from my hand and staring at the familiar package. 

'You never said you wanted it.' I say, turning to Ki Bum as he walks out of the kitchen towards the table. 

'Just the right temperature and water level please.' I say, Ki Bum saluting loudly before disappearing back into the kitchen. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a few minutes, Ki Bum brings out two bowls are ramen onto the table. Dr. Han thanks him quietly, Ki Bum saluting again before stiffly returning to the kitchen. 

But before I split the wooden chopsticks in half, the lights go off, the darkness setting from the evening. 

'What was that?' Dr. Han asks as she holds her double chopsticks, looking up at the ceiling.

'It does that sometimes. The electricity is unstable.' I say as I get out of my seat, making my way towards the light goggles on the shelves. 'I guess we'll do this army way. Special force ramen.' I show her the two light goggles, Dr. Han staring at me confusedly while she splits her chopsticks.

I put the goggles on her head, adjusting the length as she looks up at me. 

'Can you see your ramen?' I ask, gently lowering her head in my hand to focus the light on the ramen bowl in front of her. I do the same for my head, sitting back down in front of her.

'A new experience for you?' I say, splitting my own chopsticks.

'I've had new experiences every day since coming here.' She replies, and I smile at the grim joke. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

The Sacred Heart By :v

Historical Fiction

3.9K 126 21
Lee Seo Yeon is a girl who is different from her fraternal twin sister Lee Hae Eun. Seo Yeon has never met Hae Eun or her mother before. Hae Eun and...
413 14 13
Kim Heechul and Kim Hea clash heads easily and he was glad when her mother sent her to an international school in Hong Kong. When she returns to Kore...
29.3K 1.4K 32
"Thank you for completing me, Jaeyun-ah" -Jay "I never thought I'll ever want to share my life with someone as much as I want to share it with you, J...
8.1K 530 8
BTS, a sibling group of seven boys, seems to have it all! money, looks, luxury, adoration from both genders, but beneath the glitz and glamour lies a...