in my sleep | elijah hewson

By honeystuckwithyou

martha hendrix, upcoming musician stumbles across some familiar faces at a show of her own, little did she kn... More

00|in my sleep
01| perfect places
02|no hard feelings.
03| thats where youre wrong.
04|honey sweet
05|now you got me
06|kiss me.
07| this must be my dream
08|mardy bum.
09|one for the road.
10| dark red.
11| pencil full of lead.
12| 1901
14| live forever.
15| ballad of a homeschooled girl.
16| from eden.
17| radio.
18|stop dragging my heart around.
19| leather and lace.
20| sweet dreams, tn
21|sidetrack
22|bags
23|shine a light
24| soundcheck
25| crazy little thing called love.
26|valentine.
27|that's entertainment.
29| outside
30| smile.
31| treacherous
32| slide out the window.
33| business.
34|shes casual.
new book| perfect storm
35| the louvre.
36|cocoon
37| dublin in ecstasy.
THE END.
EPILOGUE
new book.

28|i wanna be yours.

481 11 3
By honeystuckwithyou

secrets i have held in my heart
are harder to hide than i thought
maybe i just wanna be yours
☆☆☆

twitter

@marthahendrixupdates:
Martha and Elijah hewson via her insta story🥺

@marthafan: obsessed with them omfg
@marthafan2: martha working her way up to a full on hard launch lmao
       @marthafan3: she posted a pic of him at the gig with a heart
       @marthafan2: I know😭so cute waiting for a full pic of them together
@inhalerfan: they're the cutest, I love them together

The girls headed back to Dublin this morning, however Martha decided to book another night's stay at the hotel, a day for her and Eli to spend together without a gig to think about, or an evening of meeting new people to stress over.

They decided they'd go past his family home, pick up his dog and walk her round the town. He has so many stories left to tell her, she had so many places he's mentioned still to see and there was one person left for Martha to meet, being Eli's dog.

It meant Martha had to go round to Eli's family home, which was a slightly terrifying thing regardless of the fact she'd already met his family , who were nothing but kind to her. His family were busy though, so they got ready quickly to swing by and say hello before they were off out to meet friends.

Eli drove them there, coincidentally Martha's song came on the radio as they were driving round but she turned it down straight away. Obviously he was having none of it, he put the volume straight up and sang his heart out, all while she sat there shaking her head at him. He loved her single, and it wasn't long till her record was out, but until then he loved for the moments Martha played on the local radio stations, he'd never felt more proud.

He could tell she was nervous, she'd already met them, just the idea of stepping foot in the home he grew up in with his family was somewhat nerve wracking. Eli took her hand when she got out the car though, he knocked one on the door before just walking in and shouting hello.

'Oh, it's just you.' His mum poked his head out of one of the doors, before looking at Martha and her expression changing to the biggest smile. 'And Martha! Oh come in! How are you love?'

'I'm good thanks, how are you-'

'Where's billie?' Eli asked, turning to Martha. 'The dog.'

'In the kitchen, if you're taking her take keys we'll be out all day.' His mum told him. 'Martha, tea? Coffee? Water? Juice?'

'Oh Martha, hiya, you alright?' His dad smiled when he saw Martha follow Eli into the kitchen. 'He holding you captive another day is he?'

'Yous just asked her like fifteen questions,' Eli said. 'Billie? Where are you?'

As soon as Eli called her name, the dog came running through the house to see him, tail wagging excitedly. However, she ran straight past Elijah and went for the new face in the house. It had been three days since he'd seen his dog, and she barely even took him on, went straight for Martha.

'Why are none of yous bloody talking to me?' Eli asked sarcastically, Billie was now on her back as Martha rubbed her stomach.

'She's dead cute, bless.' Martha chuckled.

'How was last night?' His dad asked them.

'It was good yeah,' he nodded. 'Rachel's like...adopted Martha as her new best friend.'

'She was lovely.' Martha added, the dog still rolling around at her feet.

'Aww that's sweet.' Eli's mum smiled. 'You guys sure you don't want tea? Eli you didn't even ask her!'

'Mum, you asked her yourself about a million times.' He laughed back. 'We'll take Billie and come back later.'

'We won't be in later,' his mum said, to which Eli raised his eyebrows and looked at his dad, as if that was almost the whole point. 'Alright well, take a key and Martha do come see us before you're back to London!'

'I will,' Martha nodded.

It was sweet how she felt so part of a family she'd met just days ago. They were so kind to her, so welcoming and it was really nice not to feel like an outsider, or just like Eli's girlfriend. His parents cared about Martha,they cared because she was the one making him happy and so they saw her as part of the family.

They only hung around for a short while before his mum and dad were heading off anyway. They took the dog with them to drive out somewhere Eli had in mind where they could walk Billie and grab a coffee or something of that sort.

Having Martha in Dublin was like a fever dream. All the places he grew up in were right here, and there he was showing them all to Martha. It was somewhat intimate, for her to become a part of things from his childhood, having her become part of his life over here in Dublin.

She's gotten the stamp of approval from the most important member of the family, Billie would barely leave Martha alone. She sat on her lap in the car as Eli drove them to where ever he decided they'd go and walk the dog, it took ten minutes for martha to realise that he was playing her cd, the ep he's had since he heard one of her songs on the radi years ago. It was crazy that now Martha was sat right there in his car next to him, rather than just playing through the speakers.

'Turn that off, oh my god.' She laughed.

'No can do, got to make do with what I have until the albums out.' He said, 'must've manifested you into my life.'

'What!?' She shook her head. 'That might be the weirdest thing you've ever said.'

'How?! I was actually a big fan.' He exclaimed.

'Yeah, whatever.' Martha nodded. 'Is he lying to me Billie?'

'Hey, don't turn my dog against me!'

It wasn't long until they got to where Eli decided to stop. It was quite practically in the middle of nowhere, just fields and trees, but it was really beautiful. He used to walk Billie up here all the time, his grandparents stayed not far away and it just reminded him of being a kid.

Billie jumped out the car because she knew exactly where she was, he always took her up here when he was home. His parents had a different walk they liked to take her to, but this was his favourite.

Martha thought it was really pretty too, he knew she'd like it too though, even though it was freezing. She didn't pack much for this kind of thing, but Eli lended her one of his old coats and a hoodie that was slightly warmer than her fleece.

'No gig now so I'll be in London a fair bit now I reckon.' Eli told Martha, taking her hand as he threw a ball for the dog to chase after. 'You should come stay here, hard parts over you're already met everyone.'

'I know, I will.'  Martha smiled, 'it's scary though, I've got the album out next week, then there's festivals, and I'm on tour after, you guys will be making music as well, then you lot will tour and-'

'We'll have time.' He cut her off. 'We will. I'll come see you when you're on your, save me a ticket? Save me a couple actually, I'm sure the lads will join me.'

'I will,' she smiled, but there was a hint of sadness present in her voice Eli picked up on, however in a way he was relieved it wasn't just him worrying about all the time they'd have to spend apart soon.

'Do you know what your tours looking like yet?' He asked her.

'Uk to start I think, then Europe and North America, that's all I know. No dates, or actual cities, London, Newcastle, Cardiff, Glasgow, Liverpool, Dublin, Belfast...I don't know the rest.' She explained.

'Dublin! See, we'll be there,' Eli exclaimed, wrapping an arm around her. 'London too, and I'll come see you some dates in Europe, can I gate crash some American shows?'

'Yeah,' she chuckled. 'Course.'

'Martha I'm dead proud of you, in  the time I've known you've went from the garage to number one singles, a debut album and a world tour, that's crazy.' Eli smiled, the two of them walking down the muddy path in the countryside. 'I just can't believe this is us, you know we...you're my girlfriend and now you're off flying over the world soon.'

'I know,' Martha sighed. 'Shit timing to be fair.'

'But, you're not going until festivals are over with so, you've got to put up with me until then.' Eli chuckled, 'We'll work it all out.'

'I've never been with someone whilst I've been away, have you?' Martha asked, although she already knew the answer. She knew he was with Orla whilst on tour and that's why they split up, because the distance got to them and despite it not being the sole reason, Martha worried it would get between her and Eli.

'Orla, but she didn't understand it, she didn't really like me being away, which is fair but, Martha I'm so proud of you. Selfishly I wish you weren't going on tour but I'm dead proud.' Eli smiled. 'Don't you overthink it, alright? We'll be fine.'

'We will.' Martha smiled.

The two of them continued their walk through the countryside, taking it in turns to toss a ball out to Billie, who'd chase right after it and bring it back, usually to Martha. It was a fun little walk, their shoes were absolutely filthy and it was freezing, but it was so much fun just to wander about aimlessly letting the dog choose the way.

They ended up playing a game of catch, Martha and Eli passing the ball back and forth to one another whilst Billie chased after them. It was a lot of fun, unti, Eli fell over and acted like he'd broke his ankle. Martha was no help, she burst out laughing unable to help him, with Billie jumping up and down over him.

She eventually sat next to him, hoping he was alright whilst she continued to laugh. Once he admitted he was fine she felt less guilty about laughing, but he held it against her in some stubborn way to wind her up. Martha didn't feel guilty, she called him a drama Queen and dragged him back onto his feet.

It was such a sweet afternoon, just the two of them with no worries in the world, no concept of what tomorrow would bring, or what people were saying about them. It was just Eli. Martha, and his dog, running around the countryside together with no cares at all.

Martha posted a picture of them last night on her story. It didn't have either of their faces in it, but people were starting to assume they were together and so they could figure it out. Neither of them cared though, it didn't matter what people would say about them because nobody could change a thing.

To start with, it was scary for Martha. What would people say about her and Eli? She knew there would be people gossiping, creating false narratives and it was hard not to listen into it all, but in moments like this when everything feels so perfect, it doesn't matter what anybody says.

Martha and Eli headed back to the car, he promised not to wind her up and play her music so instead they settled with whatever was playing on the radio. First song to come on was a Fleetwood Mac one, so obviously Martha was in her element singing along. It was such a sweet little car ride back to his home.

His parents were out, so they rushed inside, kicked their shoes off and flicked the kettle on. Poor Billie didn't even get the mud wiped off of her until Martha realised they'd forgotten. They were gonna order food, however decided to cook his speciality, some pasta dish he pretended was fancy, when in reality it was just chopped tomatoes, garlic and pesto.

'You just sit there love, don't worry I'll do all the cooking, no bother.' Eli said sarcastically, seeing Martha sat with the dog rather than helping him at all.

'Doing bits for feminism.' Martha joked. 'I like Billie more than you I think.'

'Charming.' He scoffed. 'Careful who you're talking to Martha, I'm cheffing up your dinner here.'

'You're making Pesto Pasta.' She corrected him, to which he turned and squinted his eyes. 'What?'

'I don't cook very often so...this is pretty good for me, you should be grateful.' He smiled.

'What do you eat?' Martha looked at him confused.

'A lot of pasta, and sandwiches, and Nando's.' He laughed, 'wish I was a chef but I'm really not, you?'

'I love cooking.' Martha smiled, getting up to go and over see what he was doing. 'Come visit me in London before we're both at festivals and I'll cook you something that's not pasta.'

'Sounds great,' Eli grinned, standing behind Martha and wrapping his arms around her. 'Can't wait.'

Just the two of them in his family home, with their dog, making dinner and dancing around to some Frank Sinatra record Eli found on the shelf, it was so pure, such a beautiful moment the two of them would cherish forever.

In a way, it was almost some sort of glimpse into the future. Maybe this would be them later on, in a flat of their own, maybe a house of their own, dancing in their kitchen to old records after spending a day wandering through the countryside like they were the only two people to exist.

@elijahhewson added to their story!

@marthahendrixxx added to their story!

ryanmcmahon
u met billie!!!

marthahendrixxx
i diddddd
she's so cute
love her

ryanmcmahon
more than eli???

marthahendrixxx
obviously

ryanmcmahon
right answer

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.3K 741 46
In which I write imagines about the Irish rock band Inhaler...
67.8K 1.8K 47
"is everything we had as good as gone?" robert keating aka bobby skeetz x oc TOP RANKINGS: #1 indie #1 bobby skeetz #1 robert keating #1 eli hewson #...
97.4K 2K 17
nothing ever makes any sense 2016-2017