30| smile.

*my longest chapter yet teehee apologies

i see the signs of a lifetime
you till i die.

☆☆☆

Tonight's the night of the album release.

Martha's been so nervous all day, the girls have barely left her side though. They had a wholesome morning of pastries, chocolate strawberries and flowers, a proper girly morning with face masks and all sorts. Simone and Kyra knew it was needed.

It was such a wholesome day, they all got ready together too like they did when they first became friends. Martha's the youngest of them all, she met them when she was just eighteen and moved out. They always stuck by her side like two older sisters, even though there was nothing more than a year or two between them. They helped do her hair, and find the best outfit, and the right makeup. Martha has never felt so lucky in her entire life to be surrounded by people like that.

A bunch of flowers were delivered at lunch time too. A beautiful bouquet of the most stunning flowers, that looked just like they were made for Martha's flat. The note was very clearly from Eli, she could tell by the fact he'd called her Jim and because he wasn't able to make it tonight, she suspected he'd do something of the sort as an apology.

She was disappointed they couldn't come, but after spending the whole day with her best friends, Martha realised as long as she would she'd be okay. Eli texted her saying he was excited to hear the album in full for the first time, and that he'd call her later on in the night when she had a minute because he couldn't wait to talk to her about it openly without her telling him to just wait.

When the three of them were ready, they all headed out to the karaoke bar that was rented out for the night. All the cute lights and posters of Martha's album cover were adorable, Martha however hated the fact her face was plastered around the room. There was a table of some food, some champagne glasses and bottles, however there was a free bar for a couple hours too which would definitely be worthwhile.

'Before the others come,' Simone said, grabbing a bottle of champagne and some glasses from the table. 'Martha we are so beyond proud of you. You've worked so bloody hard for this and I hope you know how much you deserve it.'

'Couldn't be more happy for somebody if I tried.' Kyra threw an arm around Martha's shoulders. 'Nobody deserves this more than you.'

'Guys,' Martha smiled leaning into Kyra and opening her arms to Simone too. 'You can't make me cry before the night has even started.'

'Throwback to when we lived together and Martha kept us up all night with her music.' Simone smiled, joining their group hug.

'Yeah, never once did we get sick of it.' Kyra chuckled. 'We always came to sit with you, remember?'

'Yeah.' Martha nodded. 'Dunno how yous weren't fed up.'

'Never! Look how far you've come since then. Now we're not in your bedroom in our old cold dingy damp flat, we're at the bloody release party for your debut album.' Simone smiled.

'I could cry, fuckin' hell.' Kyra chuckled.

It was just the three of them there so far, taking it all in for a second with their arms around one another. Martha's friends were always most important to her, and Simone and Kyra meant every word they said. All three of them stood in that room under neon lights with tears in their eyes, an unbreakable sisterhood.

When they first met, in their overpriced flat in central London, Martha was up all night trying to make it work with her music. Never once did her flatmates complain, they were always so blown away, so fascinated by her talent that hearing her play through the thin walls always put a smile on their faces. If only they knew where they' be a couple of years later.