23|shine a light

tonight as i lay in your arms
i don't know what to do or say anymore

☆☆☆

Martha landed in Dublin in the late afternoon, went to the hotel and then to do some important things related to tomorrow night. The flight she was originally planning on getting was cancelled, she had a hectic afternoon of rushing around and she felt totally all over the place. By the time she headed back to the hotel it was 8 in the evening, she'd not checked her phone all day and she was absolutely knackered.

Sat on the hotel room bed, she pulled her phone from her pocket and lay down after kicking off her shoes. There were so many texts from Eli she felt so horrible about missing, although she didn't mean to ignore him. It was just a whirlwind of a day and she barely had a second to think.

Marthahendrixxx
Heyyy
Sorry it's been a hectic day I didn't mean to ignore your texts x
I'm at the hotel now though i can call you??

Elijahhewson
Hey stranger
Thought u were ignoring meeee

Marthahendrixxx
The flight got cancelled and all sorts was going wrong
Been all over the place I'm sorryyyyyy
I'll call you? I feel like I've not spoken to you in foreverrrrr
I know I'll see you tomorrow but still x

Elijahhewson
Hahah it's alright love don't sweat it
I'll give you a call in ten? X

Marthahendrixxx
Cool cool cool

Martha took those ten minutes to have a shower, wash her hair and throw on some old t-shirt from a gig she went to years ago. It had been more than ten minutes, but she didn't care though, she knew Eli would call her at some point because she had the slightest feeling that perhaps he'd missed her just as much as she did him.

It was only three weeks, both of them had been busy but it still felt like forever. Despite being busy, when the day came to an end and they could only call one another, it was starting to feel difficult. They were missing one another, but they both knew deep down it would always be the same. Phone calls and meetings every couple of weeks. Martha was planning a tour, festival season was around the corner and they'd be completely all over the place.

One thing they were good at doing though, was making th best out of the time they did have. It was as if no time had ever passed at all, and although things were still early, and the furthest they'd been apart was between Dublin and London, but they were good at making the most of the moments they did have.

Her phone started to ring the very second she got comfy in her bed, it was perfect timing she thought. She shoved the towel off of her head onto the chair in the corner and told herself to stop smiling so much at the pure sight of his name lighting up her phone screen, then she answered.

'Hey,' she pressed the phone to her ear.

'Hey Jim, you alright?' He asked. 'Whats your room number?'

'What?-'

'What number?' He asked, again, cutting her off.

'397...why?'

'Brilliant, two secs.'

The phone line went dead, Martha more confused than ever. She didn't know what was going on, she thought he wanted to call her? Part of her was mad she rushed her ten minute shower when she could've taken her sweet time if Eli was only to go through with a five second phone call.

She rolled her eyes and clicked on to her girls group chat. Her friends were coming to Dublin tomorrow for the gig, and she's neglected them all day too, so she ought to see what was going on in the 200 messages she's missed all day.