05|now you got me

when lightning strikes
i'm hypnotised
☆☆☆

Eli woke up before Martha did, he barely even remembered falling asleep at her place.

Her legs were stretched over his lap, his arms holding them in place as she remained fast asleep. He smiled, looking over at how peaceful she looked. Last night was great fun and it was nice to let loose with everyone. A night in which ended in Josh heading off with Kyra, and Eli being enticed into staying back with Martha for a while.

He got up to clear the empty bottles and glasses away for her. He felt guilty that he promised to help tidy up and did nothing but fall asleep. Eli wanted to be a good house guest, one job less for her to do, before she cracks on with whatever she decides to fill her day with.

She did eventually waken up though, once she heard the kitchen sink running through the old pipes that creak every time a tap runs. It was sweet, seeing him standing there washing the dishes for her. He was humming away to himself too, she was unsure what it was, but it was a sight that made her smile.

When she got up and wandered through to the kitchen Eli caught her eye and flashed her a smile. He mumbled something, but she couldn't make out what he had said and just sat down at the kitchen table, which was now clear from all empty glasses and cards that were left scattered there before she fell asleep.

'Stop washing them,' Martha said, 'I'll do it.'

'Nah, it's alright, they're half done now.' Eli told her. 'Thought I'd be a good house guest. I did say I'd help last night and I just fell asleep.'

'I can't remember falling asleep, so you're alright, I wasn't good company.' She chuckled. 'Tea?'

She told him not to dry her dishes, she'd let them air dry and put them away herself later on. Martha felt bad he was tidying her flat better than she'd done all week, and all she was doing was making him a cup of tea. He didn't mind though, he liked helping out.

The two of them sat down at her kitchen table, she had her feet up on the chair too, knee up at her chest, Eli just sat with his legs stretched forwards beneath her table. They had become good friends recently, moments like those where they'd fall in to silence and not suffer this painful awkwardness only goes to show how similar they are.

'What you doing today?' Martha asked him.

'Dunno,' he shrugged. 'Think we're going to Dublin at the weekend though, maybe I'll pack.'

'Nice,' she nodded. 'How long?'

'Not sure, probably for a while so we can get shit come for that gig.' Eli explained, looking at her with a smirk. 'I'll come back to London to visit if you'll miss me.'

'You wish.' She laughed. 'I'll be in Dublin for the gig in like, two months.'

'Will you miss me?' He asked cheekily, although part of him was somewhat saddened to have gotten so close to Martha and her friends, just to disappear. 'Maybe you'll have an album by then.'

'Doubt it,' she chuckled, a response to both. 'I recorded that song.'

'The one you played the other night?' He asked. 'Let me hear it.'

'Patience is a virtue, you've to wait until it's out.' Martha teased him. 'If it gets out, Dunno if I can release that.'

'You have to! Would be daft not to.' He said. 'Think we're gonna start thinking about some new stuff, had a nice break but I miss it.'

'Yeah?'

'Yeah.'

The two sat for a while until their tea went cold, then they made another cup each and sat back down talking about god knows what. It was nice, they both enjoyed being able to talk about things so passionately and deeply with someone you've known for a matter of weeks.