25| crazy little thing called love.

there goes my baby
she knows how to rock and roll
she drives me crazy

☆☆☆

Two minutes until Martha takes the stage, and she stood in the wings taking a couple deep breaths. She was so unbelievably nervous, although the sound of the crowd and reassurance from her best friends and Eli helped her push through.

'Go get 'em.' Eli said, squeezing her shoulders from behind and kissing her head before stepping back, she smiled to herself, a couple other hands gave her shoulders a squeeze or a little shake, and that was it.

The stage was dark when she stepped out, she hung her guitar over her shoulders, took another deep breath and played the first chord. The lights went up, illuminating both Martha and the crowd in front of her. She couldn't believe how many people had shown up early to see her play, she didn't expect it at all. The venue was nearly full, she expected a half empty crowd.

There were two girls in the front row with 'we heart martha' t-shirts on and Martha couldn't help but miss a couple words in the song when she saw them. It was unbelievable, the crowd knew all the words to her songs, they were jumping, singing, waving their arms and totally blew Martha away.

After the second show she switched guitars, taking it in as a moment to talk to the crowd whilst the rest of her band prepared for song here of her short but sweet setlist. She could barely speak for the crowd's cheer though, putting the biggest grin on her face.

'Hey Dublin,' she managed to speak, only ,asking the crowd burst out into another roar. 'Wow...I was not expecting this, god. Thank you...This next song is a new one so I apologise you won't know the words but I hope you love it...I'm Martha Hendrix by the way.'

They all cheered again when she said her name, Martha stood up on that stage giggling like a little girl. They were so supportive of her and for a brief m9ment, she looked over into the wings to see Eli and the lads all standing with proud looks on their faces.

It was her song formidable cool she decided to play. Originally she was going to play her first track, but she wanted to save that one for the actual release and so formidable cool being one from the middle of the album felt like a good choice. It was a nice in between from her single and some of her quieter acoustic ones. Martha wanted to play it safe , keeping her set full of energy before inhaler.

The crowd seemed to love the song, and Martha loved performing it live for the first time. She just went straight into another song after, one the crowd knew the words to. Martha didn't 0lsy guitar on that one, instead she just danced around the stage, climbing on speakers to get closer to the audience who seemed to love her which she's totally didn't expect.

Martha was worried what they'd think. Maybe she was only here because Eli took a liking to her and they needed an opener. Even if some of their fans didn't know who Martha was, after tonight it was certain everybody attending the gig would go home and listen to her music, because they were all nodding along, enjoying Martha's performance.

'Alright Dublin, you've been so so so kind to me tonight.' Martha spoke, looking out in total awe of the crowd. 'Thank you so so much for having me, and massive thanks to inhaler for inviting me to be part of such a special gig...this next song is one I released recently, it's about myself and feeling like an utter shit show...this is for everyone who relates.'

It was her last song of the night, it only felt right to finish on ballad of a homeschooled girl. The crowd cheered and were screaming the lyrics with Martha. It was her first time ever playing that song in front of an actual crowd rather than cameras and studio crews, it was the most thrilling experience of all time.