24| soundcheck

i raced through soundcheck
just to meet you on your fag break
and you convinced me to put life aside
and want you

☆☆☆

Today was the day of the gig they've been anticipating for what feels like forever.

Eli refused to get out of bed, he hadn't slept in a hotel in forever, in a way, it reminded him of the tour and he liked it, having Martha back by his side didn't help matters either. Martha had the first soundcheck slot, and she was nervous about it all, Eli put her right at ease though, which was easier for him considering he's done like a million run throughs so far.

Eventually she managed to drag him out of bed, to get breakfast and coffee, although she could barely eat she was so nervous. Once they went back to her hotel room and she got ready for the day, she had to pack a heap of things to take with her to the arena as she wasn't sure whether she'd have the time to head back and get ready before the actual gig.

They headed to the venue together, Martha was worried what people might think of them showing up together, she didn't know why though. Part of her was scared they'd undermine her own talent, maybe they'd think she's only here because she was the girl Eli was seeing. In a way, that was exactly why she was here, just the thought of everybody thinking it was so discomforting.

Elli held her hand once they were out the taxi though, gave it a little squeeze as if he could sense she was nervous. He didn't care what anybody would think, mainly because he knew that nobody would judge them, Martha thought about things differently though.

The rest of the guys weren't even required to be at the arena until later on, but they hadn't seen Martha in forever so they couldn't help but show up. Besides, they were all so excited for tonight knowing it would be their last headline gig for a while, so they were making the most of it. There was an excited buzz about the place, all their families and friends were coming so spirits were high.

'There she is,' Ryan said, jumping to his feet as Eli led her through backstage. She dropped Eli's hug to give Ryan a hug, followed by the others. 'How are you?'

'Good thanks,' Martha smiled.'Yous excited?'

'Buzzing like,' Rob said, giving her a quick hug. 'You shitting it? Couldn't tell.'

'Thanks.' She said sarcastically, giving him a little nudge.

'Everyone loves you, don't sweat it.' Josh told her.

'Yous have to say that,' Martha chuckled. ' Anyway, I should go see what's going on out there.'

'Can we watch you soundcheck?' Eli asked.

'Oh my god, no way.' Martha quickly responded.

'Not like you're opening for us anyway,' Rob said.

'Okay, well we won't watch you, we'll just accidentally end up at barrier.' Ryan laughed.

Martha shook her head and joked around with them a little. They were all joking with her, because they could sense she was nervous, and they knew it wasn't just because of the gig. The idea of meeting ll eli's friends and family was a terrifying thing too, never mind performing in front of them, and then their fans too.

Her and her band were setting up to soundcheck, luckily they ran through the set yesterday, this was more of a test of equipment so they didn't have to run through the whole set again. They'd do a couple full songs, instrumental to a couple and then that would be it, it's a long process though, however Martha enjoys it. Anything music related she's like a kid in a toy store, she's so fascinated by it all.