04|honey sweet

no more nights alone

☆☆☆

Martha spent the last couple days in the studio. She recorded one song, one she thought might finish the album. It was called no hard feelings and she thought it was a sweet one to finish on. Plus it got a good rep from the night she played it to her friends.

Her and her producer toyed with her next song, she planned to call it social suicide, but they were unsure yet. Recording that one was great fun, she basically got into the recording booth and screamed about all her worst experiences. It was actually great to get it all out like that, maybe tonight she'd sleep peacefully.

They made that one sound big. The guitar, the drums, the vocals, it was a bigger song amd she loved it. Originally, Martha planned to write a final lyric that was more unhinged than the entire song, but after Eli saying she should keep it that way, she kind of like the 'lalalalalala' ending. It felt more passive aggressive in a way.

She missed being in the studio, there was nothing more fun than this. Besides being on tour, but the creative process is always such a fun one.

The guys were at a meeting in London today about their gig in Dublin. It was going to be made public and tickets would go on sale at the weekend. The support act was yet to be announced but they had a couple of people in the works.

'What about Martha?' Josh asked, looking at everyone else. 'She's a friend and she's pretty good. It would be kinda cool to do the gig with a friend.'

'Yeah, we could have someone on before her as well.' Ryan added.

'Eli already asked her.' Rob said.

'What?!' Eli chipped in. 'No I didn't.'

'You said you would!'

'Ask her yourself!' He argued back.

'We can suggest it to her team?' Their manager offered. 'With Someone like her though, you'd be as well waiting till she confirms it until you announce your gig. A heap of her fans would go just to see her.'

'She's putting out new music soon too so I don't see why she'd say no.' Josh shrugged. 'I say we do it, Martha as support but then another act first or something.'

'Sounds good.' Eli agreed. 'Maybe I'll message her ahead of finding out from her manager though, I dunno. She'd probably appreciate it considering nobody's said a thing to her. I think it would be weird coming out of the blue.'

'You Just want an excuse to text her.' Rob chuckled, elbowing him in his side to wind him up.

Eli felt guilty that the first she'd here of this would be from her team, despite the fact they've all hung out recently. So he decided he'd message to give her a heads up as to what was coming.

The last time he seen her was the other day. Ryan and him were in the area next to her flat and so Martha and Simone went to meet them for lunch. They just got cheap panini's and coffee from some cafe but it was nice enough. Although somebody saw and there was a picture floating around Twitter for a little while.

People have been making up rumours now that inhaler and Martha's friends had kind of formed a friendship. Who was dating who? People making up all sorts of stories that weren't the truth. Nobody seemed to care though, it was somewhat entertaining to read all the made up stories.

Elijahhewson
hi, btw ur gonna be asked to open one
of our gigs in Dublin as a support act
thought I'd give u a heads up
tbf we should be supporting you
but yaknow
home gig and all that