29| outside

i know i've pushed boundaries at times
she's just as bad
i've missed this
i was bound to
☆☆☆

Martha's been back in London, working on last minute things before the album releases in two days time. It's such a stressful time, knowing there's not much you can really do besides cross your fingers.

She wanted to celebrate releasing her debut album, it's so special to have this album out. Martha has spent her entire working for this moment and now it was here, she felt like she just had to celebrate it. Even the thought of releasing her album had her on the brink of tears at times, she just couldn't believe it.

Her label let her rent out a karaoke bar, a really girly kind of place where she invited all her friends and they'd celebrate the release of the album. Martha had the sweetest invites written out, she'd perform the album karaoke style for fun and it was a free bar for a couple of hours.

There's been so much promotion, last minute photoshoots and praying everything is perfect about the album, it's all been so stressful but at this point there's nothing more to do other than just wait. Simone and Kyra came round to her flat today, they could sense she was stressed about the record and so brought coffee and snacks so they could have a day of just doing nothing.

They were trying to figure out what to wear to Martha's big celebration night. Martha was unsure, so the girls lended a hand and helped pick out potential options. She hasn't shared her album with them, she hasn't shared it with anyone yet, so it was hard to figure out what to wear, hard for her friends to help.

'You heard from Eli?' Simone asked her.

'Yeah,;' Martha sighed. 'They can't make it, it's Freddie's birthday, but I'm not worried it's just a night of like...drinking and shit karaoke.'

'What?!' Simone exclaimed. 'That's so shit, sorry, it is though.'

'It's a shame.' Kyra said.

'It's so shit!' Simone said again, frustrated. 'His friend have another birthday, his girlfriend, full on girlfriend now by the way, will never release a debut album.'

'It's alright, I said to them all I wasn't worried what they did.' Martha told them. 'Honest. Eli will phone me and if I wasn't doing this whole party thing then I'd not really celebrate it anyway.'

'We'd have celebrated it girl, you know we'd have had a listening party.' Kyra chuckled.

'Yeah, and it's like your big achievement so far, I'm pissed Eli's not here.' Simone folded her arms, more angry than Martha even was. 'I'm pissed at them all, they should all be here.'

'They'll all celebrate in Dublin for you, I'm sure.' Kyra smiled, giving Martha's shoulder a rub just in case.

Kyra was the only one who knew the truth. They aren't planning on missing out on Martha's night tomorrow, they'd figured it all out but for the time being, they're pretending they won't make it. Simone doesn't know that part, Josh told Kyra the truth after she texted him upset they weren't showing up. Kyra hadn't had the chance to tell Simone yet though, so she had to just sit and fight Martha's side.

'He better send you the biggest bouquet of flowers, and a million chocolates and champagne.' Simone said. 'Honestly, I'll be having words with those lot, I'm so pissed off.'

'Simone, it's fine.' Martha chuckled.

'Yeah, hence the name of your album.' Simone joked. 'I'll be giving them a piece of my mind when I see them. Anyway, red heels or boots?'

Just like that delved right back into the conversation over what to wear. Martha was silently upset about Eli not coming, she deep down really wanted them there to celebrate with her. She knew it was her own fault, if she would've just told them that they probably would've been on the next flight.