34|shes casual.

from the dark to the morning light
she waits beside me and i know that i will feel alright
she's all i want to see
she won't ask why i look in her eyes
i think ive been looking for you all my life

☆☆☆

It's been a busy few days. They all played at Hyde Park which was insane. Martha had never played to a crowd that big in her life and because she was playing earlier on in the day, she never expected all of those people to be there, singing the words to every one of her songs. It was incredible.

Festival season was now in full swing, and once that was over Martha would be off on tour. It was exciting, but it meant Eli and Martha wouldn'e be in one another's company much longer, but they were making the most of it all.

Martha went back to Dublin with Eli for the weekend after Hyde Park, his parents were away and Eli asked them to leave the dog so they could dog sit and take her out on all these countryside walks. Eli wanted Martha so that his parents would still be there the first night she'd stay, so she'd be subjected to their endless questions and would be totally fussed over.

It wasn't so bad though, the four of them sat up for ages, Eli's parents had never been so fond of one of his girlfriends before. When he went out to smoke, his dad joined him leaving Martha and his mum inside, the two of them got on like a house on fire. She'd quickly become part of their family, and Eli couldn't be more happy.

He loved his family, it was so important to him and they were all so close. Seeing them love Martha as much as he did put the biggest smile on his face. Even their dog Billie was glued to her side, everyone loved Martha and he knew exactly why. It was hard not to.

The next morning they woke up, his parents were leaving for a few days so Martha and Eli would have the house to themselves.

'Elijah, no changing your plans you've got the dog remember.' His mum told him, giving him a quick hug goodbye. 'Please look after her.'

'Yes mother.' He said sarcastically as he went to hug his dad and his mum rushed to martha.

'You keep him in check martha, I trust you.' She laughed. 'Help yourself to anything alright sweetheart? We'll see you when we're back, yeah?'

'Thanks, have a great weekend.' Martha smiled, standing next to Eli in the doorway as his parents walked off down the driveway to hop into the taxi.

'Don't flood the place!' His dad shouted. 'Again.'

'You flooded the place before?' Martha asked him, waving goodbye.

'Long story.' He chuckled.

Martha and Eli headed back inside, the house to themselves now for a few days. It was nice to have some time just for them, away from the hustle and bustle of London and the intensity of being a musician. To be in the middle of nowhere for a while, just with one another was something they were looking forward to, especially with the fact they were coming up to a time where they'd have to spend so much time apart.

Eli was dead set on getting a takeaway, but they'd done that in London for the past two nights because they were both so busy. Martha forced him out the house to get some things to make an actual home cooked meal for their dinner. That wasn't Eli's speciality, Martha loved to cook though and she was convinced she could turn Eli onto a chef too.

They decided they would take the dog on a walk, drive into the middle of nowhere and walk around, on the way back they'd stop at the shops for some bits for dinner. Martha packed more suitable clothes to take with her this time, though Eli still lended her a jacket of his so she wasn't frozen.