11| pencil full of lead.

she's mighty fine and says she's all mine
and nothings gonna bring me down

☆☆☆

When Martha rolled over this morning, she was greeted with an empty bed. She didn't remember falling asleep that way.

The pair of them drunkenly stumbled into her kitchen last night and shared a kiss which went further, leaving her in a position where she was waking up clothless beneath her sheets, wondering whether Eli had left.

It was a sad feeling, staring at the empty side of the bed, wondering if this was one more big mistake that catapulted them right back to not being friends again. He didn't even think it was worth talking through, Martha wondered why he'd just see himself out rather than at least wait around so they could agree.

Although the sound of her bathroom door slamming shut startled her, she sat up in her bed, holding the duvet cover over her chest. Surely it couldn't be? The footsteps grew closer and Martha found herself shaking her head at her own stupidity, maybe all men weren't like the ones she'd previously known.

'Sorry,' Eli smiled as he wandered back into her bedroom, his boxers hung low on his hips as he sat down at the edge of the bed next to her. 'Did I wake you up?'

'No,' Martha said, relief crashing over her as she tried to hold back a smile.

'Cool, do you want tea?' Eli offered, laughing when he realised he was making himself at home. 'Even though this is your flat.'

'Yeah,' Martha chuckled, 'Put the kettle on.'

'Will do.' Eli said, taking to his feet again with a smile lingering still.

'Eli?' She called after him, causing him to turn in her doorway. 'Pass me a t-shirt from that chair?'

'Oh,' He chuckled, grabbing one from the edge of the bed instead, hanging there from the night before. He knew it belonged to himself, Martha did too, yet they had mutually agreed that it was just the first one in his eye line.

Eli wandered off again, a smile on his face he couldn't think about concealing as he turned his back from Martha. He filled the kettle up, pressed the button and searched her cupboard for two mugs, a smile on his face as he did so. It's all the simple things that always filled him with such joy, the small acts of making a cup of tea, or waking up next to somebody as beautiful as Martha.

It all felt a little surreal though, was last night wrong? However if it was wrong then why did it feel the total opposite.

Martha joined him a minute or two later, her slippers shuffling over on her wooden floors. He offered to bring the cup of tea through to her but she declined, she's fussy with how she likes her tea, an art Eli was yet to master. 

Once they had their cups of tea, they found themselves sitting on Martha' windowsill, the window wide open as they lit cigarettes. A rockstars breakfast, tea and a cigarette. Martha sat at one end, smiling over at Eli who was leaning against the opposite wall, she was still just wearing his t-shirt, him still in his boxers.

'We were kinda drunk last night.' Eli trailed off. 'I apologise if I went too far, or if I misread anything. I know we slept together and I...I dunno, I'm just really sorry if I took things-'

'You're alright, honest.' Martha cut him off. 'It was the both of us, and actually I think it was me who led you out the kitchen so, I apologise if that was out of line.'

'Okay, good.' He let out a sigh of relief. 'Are you mad? You're allowed to be.'

'What? Why would I be?' Martha chuckled. 'Are you?'