his rose || aegon ii targarye...

By tooluvv

Aegon Targaryen x OC character. (under editing) #1 in #aegontargaryen #1 in #aegoniitargaryen Reina Tyrell... More

Description
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Epilogue
Author's note
Happy Ending

Chapter 6

3.3K 69 2
By tooluvv

The funeral and the following events made the queen think. Ever since they returned to King's Landing she had been thinking about Reina's life and how it would be like.

If she said she didn't see herself in the young girl, she would be lying. She was once in her situation, forced to marry a man twice her age, with the same duty to fufill. To give him heirs.

She kept thinking of a way she could save Reina from the marriage that was coming in a few days. But nothing came to mind.

She and the King both feel some grief for the young girl, whose hopes for love and for a family, have so far been denied her.

The King takes a long sip of his wine and speaks softly, “Perhaps, I can find another eligible Lord to wed her to…”

Aegon isn’t listening to the conversation. He is focused on his cups, and on drinking another glass of ale, as he sips quickly and then refills his goblet.

"You know her father won't change his mind." Alicent says.

“No.” The King says flatly. “You’re right. I just feel sorry for the girl.” he takes another sip and watches as Aegon drinks more deeply.

“Now, we need to solve the issue of you, Aegon. You have seen many Lords and Ladys across the Seven Kingdoms, it is time for you to find a wife…”

Alicent eyes sparkles and she gets lost in her thoughts. Maybe he will be the better match for Reina. Maybe there is truly a way to save her from Larys.

Alicent looks at Aegon and thinks deeply about the possibility. Is Aegon a good match for Reina? Could this work? Could this get Reina out of the clutches of Larys?

"Do you like Reina?" Alicent asks her son.

Aegon listens as his mother speaks. Her question catches him off guard, and he raises his head from his goblet. He looks at Alicent, and his face shows his confusion.

Finally he speaks. “What did you say?”

"Do you like Reina?" she repeats the question, more firmly this time.

Aegon’s head is swimming from the alcohol, and his mind is focused on his own thoughts, which are mostly filled with wine.

He looks at his mother, confused. “What are you trying to say, mother?”

"Just answer, Aegon." she says, trying to get an answer out of him.

“I don’t know,” he responds, “I have never thought about it…”

He takes another long sip from his filled goblet, and he looks back down. "Do you think she would be a good match for me?”

"I don't know. Perhaps. Maybe you would be a better match for her than she has now." she answers.

“Perhaps?” Aegon looks up, a confused look on his face.

He is not so sure about this idea as his mother is. He looks over at her.

“Maybe you are right, maybe I would be a better match for her,” he says slowly, “but why would you suggest this? This is all so sudden.”

"I'm trying to find a way to save her."

“You really think I can save her?” Aegon asks honestly. This whole notion has caught him off guard. He is used to his mother being the sensible one…the one who makes decisions.

“Do you really think we can save her? Save her from Larys…”

"It may be a way." the Queen speaks confidently.

“But how does that work? How does me marrying help Reina?” He looks genuinely confused.

"Think a little, son. She won't have to marry that man anymore. She won't have to suffer her entire life. He will only ruin her." Alicent tries to make him understand how Reina will end up if the marriage is consummated.

He slowly starts to understand what his mother is suggesting. He nods and takes a long hard sip of his ale. “But her father agreed to the match. He won’t go back on his word.”

"We will try. I will try. Just think about it." she reassures him.

“What if she doesn’t want to marry me?” Aegon asks, somewhat thoughtful.

He looks to his mother, raising an eyebrow “Is she happy with the idea?”

"That's a stupid question. That girl is forced to marry a man twice her age and you ask if she would prefer you?"

Aegon smiles at this. He starts to see the sense behind his mother’s idea.

“Do you think she would like me?” He asks.

"Only if you will treat her right." his mother tells him firmly. "Something I hope you will do."

“I would never treat her the way Larys would. She would be my wife. I would care for her.” He says earnestly, then he sips from his goblet again, feeling his head start to spin slightly.

“But what if her father says no?”

"Then...we will pray to the gods to keep her strong." his father speaks this time. It seems he is agreeing to his wife decision.

"Your mother is right. Think about marrying Reina. Save her and you will gain a good wife." Viserys adds.

Aegon is surprised by his father’s interjection. “What? Father? You are agreeing to this?"

His father takes the goblet away from Aegon’s hands, and holds him by the face, looking into his eyes.

“Yes, my son. You need to marry. And I think she is the best candidate.”

"When you will give me an answer. I'll present the offer to her father." Viserys adds and gets up from the table.

Aegon looks over to his mother with a thoughtful look. Finally he nods, “Alright, I will marry her… if that’s what you want me to do…”

He sighs and looks down at his goblet. He isn’t quite happy about the marriage, but his mother’s word is law. And so, he drinks.

"I won't force you, Aegon. Think more about it." Alicent says, stroking his hair.

“No, mother,” He answers resolutely, holding his head up, “If this is what you and Father want, then so it shall be. I shall marry Reina, and I shall do the best I can."

He fills the goblet once more and takes a sip, his voice sounding more certain and sure than before.

"We will wait." she says, now rethinking the whole thing. What if Aegon won't be happy? Reina matters to her...but her son matters more.

“How long will we wait, mother?” Aegon asks with a concerned voice.

"How long we have to."

“Yes….” Aegon says silently. He raises the goblet to his mouth as if to drink, but then he stops. He thinks about the conversation, his face showing the deep thoughts he is having.

“I just hope that she won’t hate me.” He says, his voice sounding unsure. He looks back over at his mother, hoping for some reassurance from her.

"Make sure she won't." she advises him.

“How do you expect me to do that?” He says, with a bit of indignation.

He sips for a few moments, and then he says again, “Even if I do my best, and I am the best husband for her, I can’t control if she feels angry or hurt about the fact that she was forced into this…”

"She would have been forced into a marriage either way. I'm sure if she would have had to choose between you and Larys, she would have chose you." the Queen says.

Aegon looks to his mother, his face looking thoughtful. “Perhaps you are right.”

“I just wish I could protect her. Protect her from that man and all his cruelty.”

"If she will be your wife...you will have to protect her. I know Larys too well...he won't give up that easy."

Aegon nods and sighs  “If I must marry Reina, then I will do my duty…and I will protect her from that monster.”

He takes another drink and looks back over at his mother. “Are you sure that Lord Tyrell will agree to this match? He already agreed to the first marriage.”

"You are a Targaryen, not a crippled lord." Alicent jokes.

Aegon laughs at this joke, but after it, he looks at his mother, and he says with a more serious voice. “Yes, that is true. But my question stands. Will he agree?”

"I will give him more than Larys did. And his daughter will be a Princess...maybe a Queen in the future. He will accept."

“Very well, mother.”

His voice does not show confidence, but it shows acceptance. He takes another drink from the goblet.

“I hope he accepts the match then. I hope to be a good husband to Reina. Mayhaps better than the match she was forced into before.”

"Good. Now, return to your chambers." she says and sits up, leaving Aegon alone.

Aegon returns to his chambers, but he is not quite ready to sleep.

Even though he does not show it, Aegon does not want to marry Reina. He would rather drink and spend the nights with whores and prostitutes.

He takes another drink and he looks at his bed. Maybe he will think of her. Of Reina.

Perhaps he does not want to marry her, but maybe she will want him.

Maybe she will not hate him. Like everyone else.

A/N : ITS HAPPENINGGG ❤️‍🔥 follow me on tiktok: tooluvv.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.4K 1.7K 31
Ares Targayren the Heir to the Iron Throne falls in love with his sisters Best friend Alicent Hightower. As whispers of betrayal and treachery echo t...
7.2K 245 8
Rhaella Targaryen had never been sure of much in her life. Unsure of her heritage, unsure of who she was, etc. But there was one thing or person that...
1.4K 37 16
Daella Targaryen is the youngest daughter of Aemma Arryn and King viserys I Targaryen . A kind, but smart girl with everything she needs. She is als...
5.3K 122 17
Daemma Targaryen is the second daughter of Prince Aegon, younger brother of King Viserys I and Daemon, with Princess Kassaia Martell of Dorne. Her q...