I Made My Fortune In A Dating...

By NotSoAweSam

Lin An transmigrated into a book, finding himself in the body of a washed-up male celebrity who was about to... More

Chapter 1: Transmigrated, Out Of Money
Chapter 2: Original Female Lead Appears
Chapter 3: Lin An: Don't come over
Chapter 4: Make Money, Let's Go!
Chapter 5: Strange Orchid
Chapter 6: The Farmer Xiao An and The Anxious Boss
Chapter 7: The First Step To Becoming Rich
Chapter 8: Shouldn't We Compare This?
Chapter 9: Children Who Don't Know How To Take Care Of Themselves
Chapter 10: Explanation and Ball Game
Chapter 11: Games Are Good Tools~
Chapter 12: Poor Little Guy
Chapter 13: Salute To You, Captain
Chapter 14: Diving and Bottle
Chapter 15: Goodbye, Cabin
Chapter 16: Angry Nian Xiao Wang
Chapter 18: Meeting The Family?!
Chapter 19: Gentleman Lin An
Chapter 20: Career On The Right Track
Chapter 21: First Income
Chapter 22: Turning Point
Chapter 23: Sudden Hot Search
Chapter 24: Hot Search Fermenting, Original Scandal Exposed?
Chapter 25: Feeling Refreshed And Starting A New Chapter
Chapter 26: Once Again, Topping the Hot Searches!
Chapter 27: Brother Lin : Dreaming of Earning Five Million Daily
Chapter 28: Boss Lin, Who Has Been Bustling Around, Has Been Caught
Chapter 29: The Little Thoughts Of A Straight Guy
Chapter 30: Endings and Beginnings
Chapter 31: Meeting the Family Again
Chapter 32: Clearing Doubts and Engaging in Wit
Chapter 33: Evil People Will Be Punished
Chapter 34: Busy, Busy, Busy!
Chapter 35: Planning
Chapter 36: Reunion
Chapter 37: Would You Like To Go On A Trip?
Chapter 38: You Take The Responsibility~
Chapter 39: Conclusion
Chapter 40: End: Loving You Is Like A Gift

Chapter 17: Picking Up Comrade Xiao Wang After Class

350 3 0
By NotSoAweSam

Lin An saw Nian Wenran's busy and concerned inquiry and asked, "What's wrong?"

Nian Wenran instinctively covered her phone and said, "It's nothing, it's nothing."

Although Lin An was somewhat suspicious, Nian Wenran didn't say anything, and Lin An would ask later.

While Lin An continued cooking, Nian Wenran lowered her head to check the messages on her phone again, confirming that she wasn't mistaken.

Grandfather is going to attend tomorrow night's charity gala!

If it were just that, Nian Wenran wouldn't be nervous. The main thing is that Grandpa also said he wants to personally meet Lin An.

Nian Wenran felt that Grandpa must know something.

With her thoughts weighing on her mind, Nian Wenran was absent-minded while eating, afraid that Grandpa would say something strange again.

"Comrade Nian Xiao Wang, is the food I made not delicious?" Lin An heard Nian Wenran sighing while eating and couldn't help but ask.

"Ah, no, it's nothing. I'm just thinking about something."

"Okay, but for now, the most important thing is for you to eat your meal in peace and then rest well."

"Alright, I know."

Lin An was indeed a bit tired today; he felt that attending a gala was more exhausting than picking up trash on a small island. Just thinking about another charity gala tomorrow, he just wanted to quickly go to bed and rest.

When Nian Wenran finished eating, Lin An quickly cleaned up the kitchen, completed the tasks for the day, and immediately turned off the lights to rest.

Early the next morning, Lin An arrived at the terrace he had been longing for, carefully inspecting all the plants he had infused with abilities. After confirming that everything was fine, he began writing his observation log.

After breakfast, Lin An went for a walk. Despite the uniqueness of the villa area, the environment was indeed excellent.

But Lin An hadn't walked far when a middle-aged woman called him out, "Young man, young man, the one in the gray hoodie, wait!"

Lin An looked at the approaching woman in confusion, "Auntie, what's wrong?"

The well-dressed woman didn't answer Lin An's question but asked, "I just saw you coming out of the villa A07. I would like to ask you if those celebrities are back?"

"Yes, they are all back."

Lin An was surprised: Lin An is right in front of you.

"Do you have something to find him for?"

The aunt felt a bit regretful when she mentioned it, "Well, you see, the small vegetable garden in that villa grows some fruits so well, and the fragrance is so tempting that it makes people salivate. I was thinking of buying some from them a few days ago. They said it's planted by a young man surnamed Lin, so I need to find him."

After hearing the aunt's story, Lin An still found it a bit absurd, "You can smell it from so far away?"

"Oh, you don't know. When I first smelled it, the fragrance was so strong. It has only faded in the past few days. It was a pity that I couldn't buy it that day, missing the best opportunity."

"I should be that young man surnamed Lin you're talking about."

When Lin An said this, the aunt on the opposite side looked at him suspiciously, "Young man, don't lie, okay?"

"No, we're filming a show. There's a cameraman behind me. I can't lie."

"True." The aunt thought for a moment and felt it made sense. Then she clapped her hands, "That's great! How much for your fruits? Sell some to Auntie, okay?"

Lin An didn't immediately agree. The main reason was that these plants belonged to Su Nuo, and he was just helping with the care. Whether to sell them and how much was something he planned to discuss with Su Nuo before deciding.

After explaining this to Aunt Lin, Lin An left with Aunt Lin's address and told her that if he could sell them, he would deliver them directly to her.

Indeed, this aunt happened to have the same surname as Lin An, and in the conversation, Lin An also learned that Aunt Lin was a food critic. This explained why her nose was so sensitive.

After Lin An finished his morning run and returned, he told Su Nuo about this matter.

Su Nuo didn't mind, "If you don't take care of them, they won't grow so well. If you want to sell them, go ahead. It's all yours. But I have one condition."

"Go on."

"You have to be responsible for my breakfast for this week."

"Isn't that what I've been doing?"

"I mean a customized menu. Like what Nian Wenran has."

Lin An found it a bit strange, "Hasn't Brother Wen been cooking for you since he came? I remember he's good at making those low-calorie and tasty dishes."

During that week on the island, Lin An noticed everything.

"Well, I'm worried that he'll be tired. He has to go back to the law firm and he's very busy."

"...Alright, I'm not tired. Let's agree on that." They hadn't settled this yet, and already the dog food was almost being stuffed directly into his mouth.

When Nian Wenran came down, others had left the villa to go to work or attend to their schedules.

"No class this morning?" Lin An, sitting on the sofa and reading, asked when he saw Nian Wenran coming down.

"Yeah, but I have a full schedule in the afternoon."

"I don't know. The production team should arrange a car."

The director, overhearing their conversation, interjected, "Not very certain."

Both knew that the director's favorite pastime was to make trouble. This is probably another impromptu idea he came up with.

Lin An tentatively suggested, "How about I pick her up? Is that okay with you?"

"Absolutely OK. Lin An, you're really becoming more capable." The director showed a satisfied smile.

After Nian Wenran also went to school, the villa was left with only Lin An.

With a bit of free time, Lin An remembered the seeds the flower shop owner had given him. So he took the seeds and found suitable pots and soil in the small garden.

Then he went back to the company dormitory to work on this little seed. In the villa, there were too many cameras, and it wasn't like last time where he quietly made some changes on the existing basis. If he was discovered, it would be hard to explain.

Except for the initial scenes featuring the guests' work, the production team didn't film the guests during their usual work. Unless it was related to the program.

So after informing the director, Lin An returned to the company dormitory.

Back in the dormitory, Lin An planted the seeds, directly and straightforwardly infused them with some abilities. Then he continued reading the book "Flower Planting for Beginners" in his hands.

Preparing just before a battle ensures sharp and gleaming weapons.

If the florist knew that his business partner was a complete newbie, he would definitely spit out three liters of blood.

After half an hour passed, a new sprout emerged from the soil at a visible speed to the naked eye.

Lin An waited for another ten minutes, making sure that the sprout had fully absorbed the ability, then gently touched the small sprout.

Phew, where am I? A tender voice emerged.

Lin An didn't answer the question. His painful experiences from his past life taught him that newly sprouted plants, like human infants, love to ask questions. Answering one would lead to countless more.

"I've found a big brother for you. I believe he'll be happy to answer your questions."

What is brother?

"A rose just like you."

What is a rose?

...

Decisively retracting the ability. As long as he can't hear the questions, they don't exist.

But it was too late to go see the boss today. Sister Li had just sent a message notifying him to go for styling.

Tonight's gala could be said to be star-studded. T. There were not only celebrities from the entertainment industry but also bigwigs in the business circle.

In Sister Li's words, today's event was crucial, and Lin An couldn't afford to lose face. He had to be exquisite to the core, letting others see what it meant to be a skinny camel is still larger than a horse.

"But Sister Li, with my current level of popularity, no matter how well I dress, those big shots won't even notice me."

Sister Li nodded, "That's right, but it might be different for those who were not as popular as you before. If you dress a bit more humble, you might get arranged by those who play high and low."

Lin An silently remembered Sister Li's words. Despite wanting to terminate his contract, he knew that in his current position as Lin An in the entertainment industry, he still had responsibilities to fulfill.

Just like how he disliked skincare, makeup, and some arrangements from the company, but he was still Lin An in the entertainment industry. He occupied someone else's body, and he had to do something for them.

He knew that the original Lin An's one of the biggest wishes was to clear his name. At first, he thought clearing himself and leaving the entertainment industry would achieve that.

Moreover, there was always a feeling that since it was a world from a book, it felt unreal, like a dream, and it didn't bother him much.

However, as he discovered many things not mentioned in the book, he realized how naive his initial thoughts were. It wasn't until this moment that he truly started treating this world as a real one.

Later, he encountered many people with flesh, blood, and thoughts, and Lin An couldn't view this as a fleeting dream anymore.

So, despite disliking reciting scripted lines, playing the role of a so-called aloof or expressionless character, dealing with seniors who he might not speak to for a lifetime, and especially the helpless act of applying makeup, he obediently did it all.

He knew that when he didn't understand anything, he had to follow the arrangements of those who did to prevent things from getting worse.

Lin An kept thinking about these things, and when he heard the makeup artist say they were done, he realized it was almost time to go pick up Nian Wenran.

When Lin An arrived at the school, there was still some time before Nian Wenran's class ended. Originally, Lin An intended to wait for her at the school gate.

However, the director asked Lin An to wait outside the classroom where Nian Wenran was attending class, saying it would enhance the program's effect.

The online audience also expressed their joy:

         Director understands me!

         Dreamy director

         Director: Just an ordinary sugar-making monster

The director, remotely commanding, silently acknowledged the compliments in the barrage: Basic skills, basic skills, don't mention it.

After registering their information, Lin An and the crew smoothly entered the campus.

Lin An remembered that Nian Wenran had shared her schedule, mentioning she had relatively fewer classes in her third year, which is why she decided to participate in this program.

Checking the chat records, he found the location and opened the navigation to locate Nian Wenran's classroom. Following the navigation, he easily found her classroom.

It must be said that the academic atmosphere of a top-tier university is indeed commendable. As Lin An walked, he noticed many students sitting in small pavilions along the road, reading and memorizing.

When Lin An arrived at the classroom door, it was open.

Taking a glance from the back door, there were quite a few people, so he couldn't spot Nian Wenran.

After a short wait, the bell for the end of the class rang. Students streamed out, busy heading to the cafeteria for lunch.

However, Lin An still attracted the attention of those heading to lunch.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 97.9K 88
Daksh singh chauhan - the crowned prince and future king of Jodhpur is a multi billionaire and the CEO of Ratore group. He is highly honored and resp...
5.1K 78 85
Details Short Title : TOSTNS Alternate Title : 开局签到九个姐姐 Status [Edit] : Completed Author : Your cute queen Genre : Urban Life Novel Summary At the b...
76.9K 407 157
Fast Travel President Strategy Game Author: Dieyi y Category: Rebirth through time travel Release time: 2022-04-04 Latest: Chapter 155 Childhood Swee...
25K 415 90
It's important to give credit where it's due. This novel referenced here is not my creation, but rather the original work of its rightful author(s)...