I Made My Fortune In A Dating...

By NotSoAweSam

Lin An transmigrated into a book, finding himself in the body of a washed-up male celebrity who was about to... More

Chapter 1: Transmigrated, Out Of Money
Chapter 2: Original Female Lead Appears
Chapter 3: Lin An: Don't come over
Chapter 4: Make Money, Let's Go!
Chapter 5: Strange Orchid
Chapter 6: The Farmer Xiao An and The Anxious Boss
Chapter 7: The First Step To Becoming Rich
Chapter 8: Shouldn't We Compare This?
Chapter 9: Children Who Don't Know How To Take Care Of Themselves
Chapter 10: Explanation and Ball Game
Chapter 11: Games Are Good Tools~
Chapter 12: Poor Little Guy
Chapter 13: Salute To You, Captain
Chapter 14: Diving and Bottle
Chapter 15: Goodbye, Cabin
Chapter 17: Picking Up Comrade Xiao Wang After Class
Chapter 18: Meeting The Family?!
Chapter 19: Gentleman Lin An
Chapter 20: Career On The Right Track
Chapter 21: First Income
Chapter 22: Turning Point
Chapter 23: Sudden Hot Search
Chapter 24: Hot Search Fermenting, Original Scandal Exposed?
Chapter 25: Feeling Refreshed And Starting A New Chapter
Chapter 26: Once Again, Topping the Hot Searches!
Chapter 27: Brother Lin : Dreaming of Earning Five Million Daily
Chapter 28: Boss Lin, Who Has Been Bustling Around, Has Been Caught
Chapter 29: The Little Thoughts Of A Straight Guy
Chapter 30: Endings and Beginnings
Chapter 31: Meeting the Family Again
Chapter 32: Clearing Doubts and Engaging in Wit
Chapter 33: Evil People Will Be Punished
Chapter 34: Busy, Busy, Busy!
Chapter 35: Planning
Chapter 36: Reunion
Chapter 37: Would You Like To Go On A Trip?
Chapter 38: You Take The Responsibility~
Chapter 39: Conclusion
Chapter 40: End: Loving You Is Like A Gift

Chapter 16: Angry Nian Xiao Wang

355 8 0
By NotSoAweSam

Sister Li kept nagging at Lin An, explaining various matters that needed attention.

At the awards ceremony venue, Lin An sent a message to the group asking: Has everyone arrived?

Lu Ruifeng: Almost there, almost there!

Nian Wenran: Right away.

Bored, Lin An sat in the waiting room playing with his phone, rotating through various time-passing games. After playing for a while, he found that there were only scattered celebrities and their teams in the waiting room.

So, what was the real reason that he arrived too early?

Just as Lin An was immersed in a mobile game, a gentle and familiar voice sounded in his ear, "What are you doing?"

"Nian Xiao Wang, you finally came. I was so bored." Lin An saw Nian Wenran and instantly became lively, pulling her to sit down and complaining to her about the inhuman torture his manager subjected him to...

"Is it really as exaggerated as you say? I've met Sister Li a few times, and she seems pretty nice."

 Seeing Nian Wenran's disbelief, Lin An took out a densely written A4 paper from his pocket. "Look, I have to memorize all of these!"

"Pfft, have you memorized them?" Nian Wenran noticed that Lin An seemed to be... acting coquettishly with her?

"I've memorized a little bit. I think reporters won't interview me at all. It's not necessary..."

Before he could finish speaking, Lu Ruifeng excitedly rushed over to hug Lin An. "Brother Lin, I miss you so much!"

Then, the manager grabbed him by the collar, running in place and saying, "Brother Liu, uh, let go, let go, you're choking me!"

The man called Brother Liu released his hand from Lu Ruifeng's collar only after using his other hand to press Lu Ruifeng's shoulder.

"Can you look a bit more like a rising star in the music industry!" Brother Liu sarcastically commented with a straight face.

Lu Ruifeng turned around and made a face at Brother Liu, saying, "Hehehe!"

While the group was joking around, more and more people gathered in the waiting room. When all the guests from the villa were ready, the staff led them to walk the red carpet.

Honestly, watching others walk the red carpet seemed glamorous, but walking it yourself was eye-watering. A bunch of flashing lights popped in front of your eyes.

If it weren't for the recent strict expression management imposed by the company, Lin An could already imagine his antis spreading pictures of him with an out-of-control expression everywhere.

Looking at Nian Wenran, who was adapting well beside him, Lin An was still a little shocked.

Did girls naturally adapt to flashing lights?

Finally reaching the end of the red carpet, Lin An and Nian Wenran went through the motions, signed their names on the backdrop, and were about to leave.

But then a bunch of entertainment reporters surrounded them, almost shoving microphones into Lin An's mouth, afraid that he might slip away.

"Mr. Lin, may I ask what your character setting is in this variety show? Do you have a script for your program?"

Is it necessary to be so direct from the start? Are we friends, dear reporter?

"Of course not, our variety show is all about reality," Lin An replied with a polite smile.

"Mr. Lin, how did you join this variety show amid all the scandals?"

"Guess" was almost blurted out, but fortunately Lin An managed to control himself, or else he would definitely get an earful from Sister Li later.

"Mainly because of good luck," Lin An replied confidently.

"Is the good luck you mentioned the same as the online rumors, suggesting that a hidden sponsor is behind you?"

Lin An glanced at the reporter, thinking, What a sinister man, just throw him out.

Maintaining a fake smile, Lin An silently criticized the absurdity of the question and continued, "Of course not. These are all rumors. Our legal department has already sent legal letters to these rumor mongers, planning to sue them for defamation."

Moreover, even if there were a sponsor, could Lin An tell you? Anyone with a sponsor wouldn't be dragged down so miserably by scandals.

Unable to extract any more information from Lin An, the reporters turned to Nian Wenran. Of course, they didn't get much from her either. Despite being a newcomer, she carried herself with ease.

Seeing the next group of guests approaching, the reporters dispersed and swarmed towards Lu Ruifeng.

After all, Lu Ruifeng was currently the hottest rising star in the music industry. Since his debut, his album has topped three major music charts, with all three of his new songs ranking in the top three on each chart.

For entertainment reporters, any news, even just a little bit of trivia related to such a star was worth covering. As long as they could ride on his popularity, they could even fall asleep laughing.

Lin An and Nian Wenran, observing this scene, exchanged a relieved glance, clearly seeing the tension dissipating.

Once inside the venue, the two took their seats as arranged by the organizers. They even made a bet: guessing who would win the Best Actress award tonight.

Lin An confidently stated, "Xia Jubai."

"But I heard them say that Queen Choi's movie this year is also doing exceptionally well."

Lin An ruffled her hair. She was naive, wasn't she? This was the trophy appointed by the author after all. "What do you want to bet with me?"

"Don't mess up my hairstyle!" Nian Wenran pretended to be angry, swatting away Lin An's mischievous hand. As she fixed her hair, she asked, "Bet that you'll accompany me for a shopping spree tonight."

I have to remind you that even if this event ends early, it'll still be after 10 o'clock."

"I know. Don't you want to see the late-night side of Jiangshi City?"

At this point, Lin An was genuinely curious. Jiangshi City was a fictional creation by the author, with many settings resembling the magical vibes of the big city, but the author added elements like a city garden and non-existent mountains.

The last time Lin An went to the mountains in the distant suburbs, he discovered many flowers and plants that shouldn't be found in coastal areas.

"Alright, if you win, I'll accompany you. If you lose..."

"I'll accompany you."

Lin An couldn't control his laughter this time. Fortunately, everyone was entering the venue now, and it was quite noisy.

"You're really good at making bets." Lin An accepted this unfair wager. What he didn't know was that, at this moment, the look in his eyes as he gazed at Nian Wenran was filled with indulgence.

The audience in the live broadcast room also heard about the bet:

         「So, what's the point of this bet?

         「Maybe you missed something earlier. This is the tacit understanding of a young couple

         「Did my 2G network drop? When did they become a couple?

         「Those in the know understand. It's only a matter of time

         「That's right, you should appreciate the way Lin An looks at Nian Wenran

***

In the live broadcast room, various experts transformed into Sherlock Holmes, analyzing every small detail and the discussion was in full swing.

As the award ceremony began, the two of them turned off their microphones and watched the ceremony.

Attending some award ceremonies might not be boring, but attending one that has nothing to do with you must be extremely boring.

They waited and waited, their hands sore from clapping, and the acceptance speeches had become numb to their ears. Finally, they reached the moment for the Best Actress award.

After the highlight clips of the four nominated actresses in the film were played on the big screen, the host, as usual, built up suspense before finally opening the envelope containing the winner's name.

For a minute, the host's face was filled with excitement and nervousness, even the pores on their face seemed to be bursting with energy. "The winner of the Best Actress award is... Xia Jubai! Let's congratulate her!"

Applause erupted in the venue. Lin An slightly turned his head and whispered to Nian Wenran, "I won."

Nian Wenran leaned closer to Lin An, "Then it's up to you to decide where we go to enjoy the night view." Nian Wenran, who had been troubled about where to go if she won, quickly threw the decision to Lin An.

?

Wait, there didn't seem to be this additional condition when they made the bet, did there?

Lin An earnestly recalled the places he had visited since coming to this world. There didn't seem to be any particularly fun or beautiful places.

As the award ceremony neared its end, Lin An suddenly thought of a place. So, under the pretext of going to the restroom, he went to the bathroom to inquire about the specific address.

After asking around, he found out that this place happened to be near the outskirts of the city, not too far if they drove there.

Lin An thought that the award ceremony was about to end.

Lin An decided to wait at the backstage exit. He sent a message to Nian Wenran, informing her of his location.

Not long after, Nian Wenran also came out. After all, the two had only come to the ceremony as audience members and didn't have any follow-up interview sessions. They smoothly slipped out of the venue.

In the car, Nian Wenran asked several times where they were going, but Lin An didn't tell her, only saying that she would know when they arrived.

After getting out of the car, the two walked a short distance and finally reached their destination.

But...

"So, you brought me to such a distant place just to see... the starry sky?" Nian Wenran looked at the pitch-black surroundings, only able to see the light coming from the windows of a small house not far away. Looking up at the starry sky, it seemed like this was the only explanation.

Lin An felt awkward too. When he thought of this place, the only words in his mind were beautiful and pretty. Plus, coming out for a date with Nian Wenran alone at night, he was both excited and nervous.

He didn't think about the time at all, just wanting to bring Nian Wenran to see what he considered the most beautiful place.

"I, I forgot that you can't see in the dark at night..."

Before Lin An could finish his sentence, a warm light suddenly appeared in the darkness, followed by one lamp after another lighting up. The underground lights followed suit in rhythm. The warm light kissed the dark night, awakening the sleeping flower sea.

The color of this flower sea was mainly sweet pink. The charming flowers added a touch of grace to the night. The warm-colored light softened the petals but also coated them with a gentle glow.

"Wow, it's so beautiful~"

Before Nian Wenran could continue her admiration, soothing music echoed around them. The door of the flower house opened, and a woman appeared at the entrance. They couldn't clearly see her appearance, only witnessing her walking towards the center with a gentle pace.

Lin An took a closer look, and outside the flower sea, many people were holding giant signs. On them were various sweet pictures of couples.

Lin An nudged Nian Wenran, indicating her to look at those photos.

From youthfulness to maturity, this flower path was filled with the timeless imprints of their love.

As the woman was still halfway to the center, the lights on the other side also lit up, and a man appeared in the middle.

He walked and expressed his love, as well as the eager desire to take her home as his wife.

It turned out that Lin An and Nian Wenran inadvertently witnessed a proposal ceremony of a couple.

Both of them tacitly remained silent, afraid of disturbing this beautiful moment, even though such a distance wouldn't really affect anything.

When the cameraman hastily arrived after losing track of the two, he only captured Lin An and Nian Wenran standing side by side, watching the couple embrace in the flower sea.

The cameraman was satisfied with the footage he got, and seeing this, Lin An took the initiative to approach and communicate with the couple.

After a brief conversation, the couple agreed to let the program use the footage. Lin An provided the contact information of the staff responsible for such matters to the couple.

On the way back to the small house, Nian Wenran was extremely excited, continuously talking about the proposal they witnessed.

Seeing her winding down, Lin An quickly asked, "Do you really like flowers?"

"Of course, which girl doesn't like flowers?" Nian Wenran replied, then asked in return, "Mainly because it's so romantic; I love this sense of ceremony."

"I'm actually good at gardening," Lin An blurted out unconsciously.

"So what?" Nian Wenran felt a bit nervous for a moment. Was Lin An implying something?

"Guess?"

Nian Wenran, disappointed not to get the answer she imagined, said, "I don't want to guess! If you don't say, then forget it." It turned out she had misunderstood the situation.

"I mean, maybe in the future, I'll become a flower gardener. Would you mind?"

Nian Wenran's current mood was like riding a roller coaster, and a hint of sadness crept into her tone: "What does this have to do with me? Besides, you don't even like to grow these plants, how could you become a gardener?"

"How do you know that?"

Lin An teased.

Perhaps it was the playful tone of Lin An, or maybe it was the shame that surrounded Nian Wenran after her presumptuousness, a sense of shame akin to being rejected after expressing feelings.

"I just know! You're more careful with cabbages than with roses!"

Lin An was startled by Nian Wenran's suddenly elevated voice. He parked the car by the side of the road where vehicles could stop and looked at Nian Wenran in the light of the car.

With a stern little face, pouting lips, and an expression warning strangers not to approach her.

Oh no, it looks like she's angry?

Lin An carefully recalled what had just happened but still didn't understand why Nian Wenran was upset. However, that didn't stop Lin An from trying to comfort her.

"What's wrong?" Lin An swore this was his gentlest tone, "After all, cabbage is meant to be eaten, so I have to be careful with it."

Nian Wenran became even more unwilling to talk to Lin An. Her anger wasn't about this matter at all.

Seeing this, Lin An reached out and pinched Nian Wenran's small face. "Look, your face puffs up like a little pufferfish."

"I'll make your favorite sweet and sour spare ribs when we get back." Still no reaction? Lin An persisted, "I can actually make strawberry mousse, chocolate cream cake, soufflé, egg tarts..."

Watching Nian Wenran's subtle saliva-swallowing movement, Lin An added fuel to the fire, "I don't make these for others. Hey, if someone still doesn't speak, I'll assume she doesn't want to eat."

Lin An silently counted in his mind: One, two, three.

As expected, a small hand grabbed Lin An's sleeve and shook it, saying, "I want to eat."

"We'll make it when we get back," Lin An readily agreed. "So, can you tell me why you were upset now?"

Nian Wenran explained softly, "It's not really being upset. I'm just, well, I'm just, um, I don't know how to say it."

Nian Wenran couldn't express her feelings straightforwardly on camera; she was genuinely afraid of rejection.

But Lin An didn't press further, and when he saw Nian Wenran brighten up, he said, "It's okay, I understand. You girls have those days every month." After saying this, he made a gesture as if to convey, I get it.

Looking at Lin An's expression, Nian Wenran suddenly understood why the phrase got choked up was widely used. It was too vivid and accurate.

Nian Wenran was afraid that Lin An would ask, yet she was also afraid he wouldn't. However, these complex emotions weren't something a straight guy like Lin An, who hadn't fully grasped the intricacies of relationships, could understand.

The audience in the livestream burst into laughter because of Lin An's amazing response.

         「Even a single dog like me can tell that Nian Wenran isn't upset because of that, hahaha, Lin An is too amazing

         「Lol, Nian Wenran clearly got choked up, hahaha

         「This is the pain of chasing a straight man. . Don't ask, asking is chasing. Look at the vicissitudes of life.jpg

         「It's not scary to chase straight guys. What's scary is someone like Lin An, who understands emotions but not completely. Their brain circuits are different from ordinary people

         「The one above is right, but Lin An is indeed special to Nian Wenran. This must be his first time coaxing a girl

         「Hey sisters! I'll charge first!

The viewership of the two-person livestream started at the bottom among the guests. After the sea turtle rescue incident, there was a wave of growth, and this segment was even edited and posted on some short video platforms, bringing Lin An a small boost in popularity. The company also took advantage of the situation to release many statements clarifying those negative rumors.

Lin An's reputation improved, and combined with the entertaining interactions with Nian Wenran, who had high looks and a pleasant personality, they gradually gained some "CP fans."

However, Lin An was oblivious to all of this, as he rarely paid attention to such news. Nian Wenran knew about it, but she couldn't bring herself to tell Lin An.

Therefore, the information-isolated Uncle Lin still didn't know that he had actually started to gain some popularity.

At this moment, he was happily preparing a late-night snack for Nian Wenran.

Suddenly, Nian Wenran, who was playing with her phone on the side, received a message that startled her, making her shiver, and she almost dropped her phone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80.3K 2K 22
In a world where you get your soulmate mark on your 21st birthday, what happens if you find out they are famous? Kat lives in a small town in Michiga...
16.5K 240 26
Ruan Shu is not cared about or She is the most inconspicuous existence in the family. After accidentally traveling through time, she became the daugh...
601K 4K 200
Trent Alexander Arnold - social media Instagram only 🦋
77.1K 408 157
Fast Travel President Strategy Game Author: Dieyi y Category: Rebirth through time travel Release time: 2022-04-04 Latest: Chapter 155 Childhood Swee...