I Made My Fortune In A Dating...

By NotSoAweSam

Lin An transmigrated into a book, finding himself in the body of a washed-up male celebrity who was about to... More

Chapter 1: Transmigrated, Out Of Money
Chapter 2: Original Female Lead Appears
Chapter 3: Lin An: Don't come over
Chapter 4: Make Money, Let's Go!
Chapter 5: Strange Orchid
Chapter 6: The Farmer Xiao An and The Anxious Boss
Chapter 7: The First Step To Becoming Rich
Chapter 8: Shouldn't We Compare This?
Chapter 9: Children Who Don't Know How To Take Care Of Themselves
Chapter 10: Explanation and Ball Game
Chapter 11: Games Are Good Tools~
Chapter 13: Salute To You, Captain
Chapter 14: Diving and Bottle
Chapter 15: Goodbye, Cabin
Chapter 16: Angry Nian Xiao Wang
Chapter 17: Picking Up Comrade Xiao Wang After Class
Chapter 18: Meeting The Family?!
Chapter 19: Gentleman Lin An
Chapter 20: Career On The Right Track
Chapter 21: First Income
Chapter 22: Turning Point
Chapter 23: Sudden Hot Search
Chapter 24: Hot Search Fermenting, Original Scandal Exposed?
Chapter 25: Feeling Refreshed And Starting A New Chapter
Chapter 26: Once Again, Topping the Hot Searches!
Chapter 27: Brother Lin : Dreaming of Earning Five Million Daily
Chapter 28: Boss Lin, Who Has Been Bustling Around, Has Been Caught
Chapter 29: The Little Thoughts Of A Straight Guy
Chapter 30: Endings and Beginnings
Chapter 31: Meeting the Family Again
Chapter 32: Clearing Doubts and Engaging in Wit
Chapter 33: Evil People Will Be Punished
Chapter 34: Busy, Busy, Busy!
Chapter 35: Planning
Chapter 36: Reunion
Chapter 37: Would You Like To Go On A Trip?
Chapter 38: You Take The Responsibility~
Chapter 39: Conclusion
Chapter 40: End: Loving You Is Like A Gift

Chapter 12: Poor Little Guy

434 8 0
By NotSoAweSam

Without a doubt, she likes Lin An.

She doesn't know if Lin An will like her back, but the only thing Nian Wenran is sure of is that Lin An also has feelings for her.

This kind of love was so strong that Nian Wenran had nowhere to put her emotions. She urgently needed a way to vent her feelings. However, having been quiet for many years, Nian Wenran doesn't know how to express this emotion, and she's even afraid that confessing it might scare Lin An away.

Fortunately, over the years, she has not been without skills. She can still draw. Thinking of the comic she just finished, Nian Wenran can't suppress the smile on her face.

There's a feeling of secretly being in love, hehe~

Nian Wenran holds Lin An's letter and reads it over and over several times before falling asleep...

Early the next morning, the director heartlessly wakes everyone up.

"Wake up, everyone! We're going out to sea today, and sun protection is crucial! Especially for the female celebrities, the production team won't be responsible if you get sunburned."

"Really? Are you sure"

Excited, Lu Ruifeng runs out and shakes the director. "Can we see live turtles, dolphins, and stuff?"

The director holds down this overly enthusiastic kid and says with some helplessness, "Whether you can see those things or not depends on your luck."

"Okay." Lu Ruifeng was a little disappointed,  but this doesn't affect his enthusiasm for the task the director gave him to wake others up.

As early risers who don't need alarm clock services, Lin An and the original male lead, Wen Jiusi, have already been busy in the kitchen making breakfast.

After waiting for a while, Lin An realizes that Nian Wenran hasn't come down yet. Normally, Nian Xiao Wang should be the most eager one to eat, aside from Lu Ruifeng.

Especially after arriving on the island, since Lu Ruifeng has become less enthusiastic about meals due to his cooking skills, Nian Wenran has become the quickest person to come downstairs.

Lin An felt that he needed to go and see what was going on. Well, mainly worried that the breakfast won't taste good if it's cold. Yes, that's it!

Lin An came to Nian Wenran's door and knocked. "Comrade Nian Xiao Wang, are you up?"

"I'm up, I'm doing my makeup. What's up?"

"Breakfast is getting cold."

Nian Wenran's anxious voice came from inside, "Ah, I'm almost done, right away, right away!"

"No rush, take your time. I'll reheat it later. I just came to check." After explaining the reason, Lin An went to the small living room on the second floor and sat down to wait for her.

Bored, Lin An picked up a magazine from the table and flipped through it. Before long, he heard movement at the door.

Looking up, he saw Nian Wenran, dressed in a white dress, walking out. She had braided two twisted braids and was holding a cute straw basket.

Seeing her surprised expression, Lin An guessed that she didn't expect him to wait for her here.

Sure enough, when Nian Wenran asked, "Why are you..."

"Fifteen minutes and eight seconds. Comrade Nian Xiao Wang, is this makeup time considered fast among you girls?"

"Well, it should be considered fast, but that's not the point. Do you think I look good today?"

Seeing Nian Wenran's expectant big eyes, Lin An couldn't bear to... just kidding. "We're going out to sea today."

"I know, so I prepared a straw hat." Nian Wenran shook the straw basket.

Lin An took a closer look, and indeed, there was a straw hat inside. He thought the straw basket was just a decoration.

"Go and change into clothes that will allow you to move more easily. I think today's task might be a bit heavy." More than just a bit heavy, the director is practically a devil. Lin An remembered from the book that the guests thought they were going on a beautiful vacation on a cruise ship, only to end up picking up marine debris.

That's not the main issue; the problem is that the director didn't inform them beforehand, and everyone dressed up very delicately. Especially the female guests, who wore dresses, making the tasks much more difficult. Of course, the program's effect is precisely what the director and the audience want, as for the guests' experiences, it can be summarized in four words: they're full of tears!

"Ah,  I spent so long choosing my clothes." Nian Wenran felt a little regretful, "The director shouldn't be so cruel, right?"

Lin An gently knocked on Nian Wenran's head. "Think about how we arrived on the island on the first day, and you'll know if the director can be this cruel or not."

Watching Nian Wenran walk into the room with her little head drooped,, Lin An couldn't help adding, "Yesterday's outfit was pretty good too."

If Nian Wenran had ears on her head, her ears would have immediately stood up at this moment.

This time, Lin An only waited for a short while before Nie Wenran came out. She was wearing a sportswear set, similar in color to yesterday's.

Still so beautiful.

When the two went downstairs to have breakfast, the others in the cabin were also almost ready. During this time, Lin An kindly reminded them that they could change into different clothes, but everyone thought Lin An was overly worried.

When they reached the boat, when the director announced that today's task was to manually salvage marine debris,Lu Ruifeng asked first, "Director, can I go back and change clothes now?"

Actually, Lu Ruifeng, wearing large floral shorts, didn't need to change clothes. The main concern was Dao Huiqing, who was wearing a floral dress, and Lu Ruifeng was a bit worried.

"It's a bit late now because the captain has arrived." The director pointed to the captains on the opposite side, who were getting ready to go, and waved his hand indicating that he couldn't do anything about it.

There was no other way, the guests could only pair up and board the salvage boat, preparing for the task.

After Lin An and Nie Wenran boarded the boat, the captain gave them an extended version of the fishing net and a waterproof suit similar to an apron.

After Nie Wenran took the "apron" and looked at it, feeling that it couldn't prevent any water, she asked, "Captain, can we wear the 'complete version' waterproof suits like yours?"

"Sure." The captain went to the place where miscellaneous items were stacked and brought back two sets of waterproof suits for them. Seeing their puzzled expressions, he explained, "The waterproof suits just now were provided by the director, specially prepared for you."

Lin An and Nie Wenran exchanged glances. The director was indeed a cunning fox.

The captain sailed ahead, stopping when they encountered a small amount of floating garbage he would stop and let Lin An and the others salvage. It was the first time they operated such a long fishing net, and it was quite challenging.

Lin An had been exercising his body since entering the book world, coupled with his special abilities. Initially, he used brute force, so the salvaging speed wasn't particularly fast.

Probably because the director instructed that no additional help could be provided, Lin An saw the captain hesitating several times.

Under the captain's "friendly" gaze, Lin An's salvaging skills rapidly improved. Of course, what shocked Lin An the most was the abundance of marine debris.

Originally, Lin An thought it would be difficult to find marine debris in such a vast sea. However, except for a bit less garbage at the beginning, they encountered a lot of floating plastic garbage along the way.

According to the captain, there is a 1.6 million square kilometers marine debris accumulation area to the east of the largest ocean. What's even more frightening is that there are many ocean debris that has sunk to the seabed, making it more difficult to salvage and clean. This debris also poses a threat to the lives of marine organisms, damaging the marine environment.

Especially plastic debris; those plastic particles enter the bodies of marine creatures, and when these plastic particles follow marine creatures and are ingested by humans. In the end, it is humans who are harmed.

Incidents like turtles having plastic straws in their noses or seals being entangled in nylon ropes are quite common. In unseen places, animals frequently lose their lives due to this garbage.

The captain explained the dangers of marine debris to them along the way. Just as he was talking about the case of a seal almost dying from being entangled in a nylon rope, there was a sudden abnormality in the water ahead.

The captain took out binoculars, his expression becoming somewhat serious. Turning around, he said, "If I'm not mistaken, it's a sea turtle, and it's entangled in a fishing net."

"What should we do?" Nian Wenran, upon hearing this news, asked anxiously.

"First, call the rescue team. But waiting for the rescue team might take too long. It's struggling quite fiercely, and I'm afraid the net is tightly bound. I'll go down and tow it back to our side, and then we'll untangle the net." After giving instructions, the captain quickly secured a rescue rope around himself, firmly fixing the other end to the ship's railing. 

Then, he instructed Lin An, "You pull me up every two minutes. Does your little girlfriend know some first aid knowledge?"

Nie Wenran quickly nodded, indicating that she had learned some first aid knowledge. The captain asked her to go to the cabin and find the emergency kit.

The cameraman quickly aimed the camera at the captain. The audience in the live broadcast wanted to see the situation at sea, but it was an emergency, and there were no professional equipment.

Everyone could only see the captain diving into the sea and the two nervous people on the boat.

Lin An watched the time on his watch while nervously staring at the sea. When the time came, Lin An quickly pulled the rope, slowly pulling it for a few seconds and then began to speed up.

The captain signaled Lin An to pull him over. After getting on the boat, the captain said to Lin An, "This little guy is bigger than I expected, and that net was probably just entangled not long ago. Its struggle is too intense, causing the fishing net to tighten more and more."

Lin An didn't know much about marine life and asked the captain, "Can't we tie another rope to the fishing net and drag it over?"

"That's possible, but I estimate this little guy weighs at least two hundred kilograms. Are you sure you can pull it?"

Lin An had been hearing the captain call this sea turtle a little guy, thinking it was a small sea turtle from the rescue videos he had seen before. He didn't expect it to be a little guy weighing nearly two hundred kilograms.

"I'll give it a try, but if it struggles so hard, won't forcibly pulling it cause secondary harm?"

The captain said seriously, "Maybe,  but waiting for the rescue team has too many uncontrollable factors. This little guy is thrashing around, and there's even a stone entangled in the fishing net. I'm afraid it might harm itself, and there are quite a few rocks in that area."

"We'll follow your lead, Captain." After listening to the captain's analysis, Nie Wenran felt that it was better to try a rescue first.

"Okay, let's try again."

Not long after, the captain surfaced, signaling Lin An to pull the rope tied to the fishing net.

Lin An pulled the rope and found it very smooth, as if it wasn't as heavy as he had imagined. It was even a bit effortless. Could it be that his strength had increased again?

Before long, the image of the turtle became clearer and clearer. A large cluster of green fishing net was particularly conspicuous, making the turtle beneath it appear very small.

It took a lot of effort for the captain and Lin An to move the sea turtle onto the lifeboat. After all, it was indeed too large. Lifting it onto the ship was too difficult for non-professionals like them, and they were also afraid of injuring it.

Surprisingly, the turtle lying on the lifeboat was unexpectedly quiet now. It was only at this moment that they realized why this little guy had struggled so fiercely.

The fishing net had entangled its eyes, and the part around its neck looked tightly constricted just from a visual perspective.

The captain carefully cut the fishing net, and in no time, the little guy was liberated. However, the situation seemed a bit dire; there were bloodstains around its neck.

If it had been discovered a little longer, the little guy would have had a gash in his neck.

The three on the boat felt somewhat at a loss. Although the captain often worked on the sea, he mainly dealt with garbage. Faced with this marine creature, he didn't know how to handle it after rescuing it.

Most importantly, the little guy still seemed to be in distress. The captain thought of waiting for the rescue team to arrive and assess the situation before making a decision.

Luckily, there was a team not too far away. The captain was informed that they would arrive in about 10 minutes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 63 23
Q: After (System) binds (this Lord), what next? A: (Snap the System's motherboard in two!) P.S.: [Host is ferocious] Notes: 1. ~500 words/chapter 2...
3.3M 190K 77
Nobody ever loved him; she was the first who loved him. He did not have a family and then one day she entered into his life and became a world for h...
50.1K 1K 119
Author: Black tea is seven points sweet Link:https://www.ahfgb.com/132_132492/ Lin Chen returned to the world seven days before the end of the world...
510K 20.4K 42
"I've met some pricks in my lifetime but you sir, are a fucking cactus!" Milan Chandler: Badass Elliot Gabriel: Jackass Join the mischevious Milan Ch...