You Don't Know Me | A Andy Gi...

By seventiesforever

The spring of 1985 posed a surprise to (Y/N). Her best friend since elementary entered rehab at the Betty For... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115

Chapter 42

30 2 10
By seventiesforever

"So Mr. Big Shot was fired over the weekend," Deja informed me as I walked into the office.

I smiled.

"My ex?" I whispered.

She chuckled.

"Yeah he was caught doing things on the copy machine while on janitor duty," she told me quietly.

My eyes went wide open.

"Don't even tell me the details, yuck," I shrieked as I went to my desk for the day.

It was a nice start to the week knowing that again that door to my past was officially closed.

Andy and I had finally gotten back to a little bit of normalcy. Though he had finally told the world he was officially in a relationship, not much changed. Even though months ago the National Inciter had taken photos of Andy's "mystery girls." But, nothing came much about it.

We were about to hit 6 months together. A whole half-year. So much growth yet so much to learn was true about the two of us.

The typical Monday went on and I went home on time. Andy pulled up to my house when I did.

I was sort of confused but my heart was really happy to see him. Sam was with him too.

I got out of my car and he was already walking over to me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"I missed you and wanted to see you. I know Mondays are your hardest day," he commented.

I smiled. 

"Come on let's go inside," I told him as I grabbed his hand.

And so, we settled inside after I got comfy. Sam went to the backyard and found his favorite shady spot on the porch.

"So how was your day darling?" Andy asked after I came out of the kitchen with sodas for us.

"Well I got some good news," I told him.

"Tell me," he commented as I sat down next to him.

The entire day's stress was settling into my bones.

"Well that SOB I used to know got fired over the weekend so that made me feel better," I told him after I sipped my soda.

"That's great news darling. That old chapter is closed again permanently this time I hope for you," he remarked as he leaned over to kiss my forehead.

"Yeah so now work won't be so icky or I won't wanna call out even though I don't even think he knew I worked there now. I always avoided him and when he would come to dump my desk trash, I'd hide my nameplate and put on these glasses frames that made me look older," I commented.

Andy laughed.

"You would be disguised at work? He never noticed?" he asked chuckling.

"Not that I know of. But also Deja kept him away from us during the times we were at the desk. She'd usually have him dump desks during our lunch breaks so I'd still hide my nameplate," I told him.

"That's actually really smart darling," he commented.

"So how are you? How was your day?" I asked him.

"Well, it was good. Sam had a vet appointment to get some shots so he had that done this morning and I had to get my tires rotated but that's pretty much it," he explained.

"So a low-key day then?" I asked him.

"Yeah and I couldn't wait till you were off 'cause I know a few Mondays ago was terrible and I just wanted to make sure that your day was good," he told me.

I sighed contently as I leaned my head against his shoulder.

"You definitely take care of me and I do appreciate it," I told him.

"Of course I do darling I mean you take care of me too," he told me.

I smiled. 

"So what did you have in mind for dinner? I know it's early but if you don't wanna cook, I could always cook for us," he told me.

All I could think about was how kind he was. His sobriety and his health were really shining now. He was stepping up back to where he used to be.

"I wasn't even thinking about dinner honey," I told him chuckling.

"I'm sure you'll be hungry sooner than later," he told me chuckling.

"Well I mean if you would like to cook, I ain't gonna say no to you," I told him.

I glanced at him and he was smiling.

He glanced at his watch and saw it was nearly 4 already. 

"Well I better go get things gathered for dinner so we can enjoy the evening," he told me as he stood up.

"Is that your way of asking to stay the night?" I teased.

"Perhaps darling," he told me chuckling.

And so, Andy disappeared to the kitchen. It was nice to be loved properly for once in my life.

About 5, I went to check in on Andy and he had pretty much everything done.

"Does pasta sound good to you?" he asked as he gestured to the stove.

"I'm a sucker for carbs duh," I told him chuckling.

"Dinner will be ready in about 10 minutes darling," he told me.

"Sounds good. I am so grateful you decided to come over," I told him.

"I was thinking about it and we have been together 6 months now," he told me proudly.

"Yeah huh?" I asked him as I got the plates and silverware on the table.

"A year ago I didn't know I could be so happy," he admitted as he stood next to me.

"I feel the exact same," I told him with a smile.

We sat down for dinner and enjoyed the quietness. Sometimes the smallest things mean the most. 

After dinner, we cleaned dinner up and got everything situated for the evening. I was in the shower when I came back to Andy on the phone.

"Yes, Barry I really love her. This isn't like my previous relationships," I could hear from the other side of the door.

Andy was talking a million miles away. 

I lollygagged while I got dressed and did my normal night routine in the bathroom.

"I really hope we can fly out to Florida the two of us soon so you can get to know her," he told him.

I really wished I could hear Barry's side of the conversation. Both Hugh and Barbara liked how good I was for Andy. I wasn't a groupie, I wasn't anything but someone who cared for a man named Andrew.

"Yeah, I'm at her house tonight. We haven't officially talked about moving in with each other but I do love the idea of waking up to her every morning," he commented as I decided to cave and open the door to my bedroom after standing in the hall.

Whether he was done with the conversation was another story.

He smiled at me as I went out of the bedroom to the hall to get my water for the night and to check the doors.

As I was walking back, I heard Andy still on the phone. I picked up the phone in the living room.

"Do you love her?" I heard Barry ask.

"Are you kidding? I'm crazy about her," he told him.

I was smiling so big.

Obviously, they hadn't stopped talking about our relationship.

"Andy, you are so whipped," Barry teased him.

I stifled a chuckle.

"Well she loves me a lot and she's not like anyone I've ever known," he replied.

"That's a good thing right?" Barry asked.

"Of course. I wouldn't be here today where I am," Andy commented.

I decided to stop eavesdropping and came back to the bedroom. After about 2 more minutes on the phone, Andy got off the phone for the night.

 The nights together during the week were rather quick because I had to get up at 4:45 for work the next morning. So, we were in bed by 9. 

"Thanks for coming over today. It was a really sweet gesture of you to do so,"  I told him as we undid the bed.

"Of course darling," he told me as we fixed the pillows for the night.

I dreaded the fact I'd have to wake up and go to work. If only I could make money by staying at home.

I yawned as I looked at the clock. It was already 9:15. I groaned realizing I needed to get to sleep to get at least 7 hours of sleep.

"Come here," he told me.

That was one thing that I did do well when Andy was here. I slept pretty solid and didn't even want to get out of bed.

He kissed me good night and I went off to dreamland once more. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.7K 1.7K 18
Austin's old elemantary school best friend (Alan) comes back after a long time and they get in contact again (mostly from Austin's POV),
21.9K 331 26
⚠️MAJOR TW IN THIS STORY⚠️ they used to be best friends ever since kindergarten. then they left her to become famous. she then decided to go for her...
232 29 23
She was too young, too innocent, and death didn't take her. She got another chance. Another, alternate future.
34.9K 1.3K 13
Years later, past lovers meet again.. SQUEL TO 'BEST FRIEND'S BROTHER'