Chapter 42

"So Mr. Big Shot was fired over the weekend," Deja informed me as I walked into the office.

I smiled.

"My ex?" I whispered.

She chuckled.

"Yeah he was caught doing things on the copy machine while on janitor duty," she told me quietly.

My eyes went wide open.

"Don't even tell me the details, yuck," I shrieked as I went to my desk for the day.

It was a nice start to the week knowing that again that door to my past was officially closed.

Andy and I had finally gotten back to a little bit of normalcy. Though he had finally told the world he was officially in a relationship, not much changed. Even though months ago the National Inciter had taken photos of Andy's "mystery girls." But, nothing came much about it.

We were about to hit 6 months together. A whole half-year. So much growth yet so much to learn was true about the two of us.

The typical Monday went on and I went home on time. Andy pulled up to my house when I did.

I was sort of confused but my heart was really happy to see him. Sam was with him too.

I got out of my car and he was already walking over to me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"I missed you and wanted to see you. I know Mondays are your hardest day," he commented.

I smiled. 

"Come on let's go inside," I told him as I grabbed his hand.

And so, we settled inside after I got comfy. Sam went to the backyard and found his favorite shady spot on the porch.

"So how was your day darling?" Andy asked after I came out of the kitchen with sodas for us.

"Well I got some good news," I told him.

"Tell me," he commented as I sat down next to him.

The entire day's stress was settling into my bones.

"Well that SOB I used to know got fired over the weekend so that made me feel better," I told him after I sipped my soda.

"That's great news darling. That old chapter is closed again permanently this time I hope for you," he remarked as he leaned over to kiss my forehead.

"Yeah so now work won't be so icky or I won't wanna call out even though I don't even think he knew I worked there now. I always avoided him and when he would come to dump my desk trash, I'd hide my nameplate and put on these glasses frames that made me look older," I commented.

Andy laughed.

"You would be disguised at work? He never noticed?" he asked chuckling.

"Not that I know of. But also Deja kept him away from us during the times we were at the desk. She'd usually have him dump desks during our lunch breaks so I'd still hide my nameplate," I told him.

"That's actually really smart darling," he commented.

"So how are you? How was your day?" I asked him.

"Well, it was good. Sam had a vet appointment to get some shots so he had that done this morning and I had to get my tires rotated but that's pretty much it," he explained.

"So a low-key day then?" I asked him.

"Yeah and I couldn't wait till you were off 'cause I know a few Mondays ago was terrible and I just wanted to make sure that your day was good," he told me.