Chapter 51

"I'm glad they had the AA meeting this week still. Weird driving there on a Tuesday night," Violet remarked as we drove to the AA meeting.

Andy was also with us as usual. He wasn't feeling the best with a headache but he rallied to come with us. His soberity meant a lot to him as it meant a lot for us to be successful together.

I looked over to Andy and he kept his eyes closed as we drove. 

"Are you okay love?" I asked as we stopped at the light.

"Y-yeah just my head," he remarked.

"You didn't have to come love. I think they would have understood," I expressed.

"I know but missing a week of AA is like missing a doctor's appointment," Andy told me.

We pulled up to the building. I was worried he'd be down for Thanksgiving.

"We don't have to stay the entire time just so you know," Violet told Andy as we got out.

"Thanks, Violet," Andy told me as he grabbed my hand.

The meeting would be quick. The lead of the AA just wanted to check in with everybody. And within an hour we were done. 

Before we knew it, we were back at my house. My parents were already sound asleep in the guest bedroom even though it was only 8:30.

"I think you should go take a shower and then we can sit and drink some tea like we always do," I told him as we walked into my bedroom.

"I think that's a great plan," he told me.

And so, I went to make the tea and Andy went to shower. 

Then I got ready for bed and joined Andy in the big recliner in the living room.

He had the entire living room dark except the TV.

I came up behind him in the chair and got my fingers to run through his hair.

"You scared me, darling," he commented with a low chuckle.

"I sorry," I told him.

"That feels good actually," he remarked.

"I know. I love when someone well you does that when we are lying there quietly with each other," I expressed.

"I did wash my hair so I hope that helps the headache. The warm water felt good running on my head," Andy commented.

I kept doing the scalp massage for a few while he talked.

He had our tea on the table next to him.

"Come join me in the chair," he commented.

I came around and sat down in the chair.

"Now I feel much better," he remarked chuckling.

He looked so out of it with the tension headache pills he had taken.

I traced my finger over his face. 

"What?" he asked quietly.

"Nothing I just want you to feel better. I don't like seeing you down," I told him as I kissed his cheek.

"I'm sure I'll be able to sleep it off," he remarked as he sipped some tea.

We stayed there with quietness around us. It was funny because we were here wide awake and my parents were in the other room sound asleep.

"What time do you want to go to bed?" I asked Andy.

"Well after we are done with our tea. Even if we don't fall asleep right away, that's okay," he told me.

"You know. It's weird cause to think a year ago, we didn't even do this yet,"  I remarked as I felt Andy wrap his arms around me.

He then kissed the top of my head.

"You know that is very true. But whether we realized it or not a year ago, we undying liked each other," he told me.

"I did. Or I was in denial. Violet always told me I was smitten with you," I admitted.

"Smitten? That's funny. I don't think you really showed me that you liked me like that till February," he told me.

"But the Secret Santa package. Remember that's when everything clicked for you," I told him.

"Well, I thought you were just being kind. And I loved how you have never ever acted like 'oh my god it's Andy Gibb' like all those teenyboppers would act. You like me for me," he commented.

"You are wrong," I remarked.

"What do you mean?" he asked confused.

"I don't like you for you. I love you for you," I told him.

He paused.

"And I love you for you as well darling. I mean I think you are a big reason for my progress and keeping me sober. I get drunk now on life and loving on you," Andy told me.

I smiled at his comment. I couldn't be happier than I was right now. 

To a grateful Thanksgiving.