Chapter 101

Amid all the trips we had taken, we spaced out how close Halloween was approaching.

"Do we want to do anything like hand candy out?" I asked Andy as we cleaned the kitchen up from breakfast.

"We can darling. Halloween is on a Saturday this year so that should be great for us both. Well especially with you working," he remarked as he went to clean the coffee pot up.

"Wait that means two weeks from today is Halloween," I suddenly realized.

"Yes darling," he replied.

"So we need to probably go shopping for candy later this afternoon so we still have a chance at the good stuff," I replied as I went to wipe the stove down.

Sam was wandering to the back door so Andy went to let him out.

"Okay we can do that," he replied as he shut the sliding glass door.

"I wonder which has the better pick of candy Kmart or Walmart," I contemplated. 

"We can go to both depending on if we don't find what we are looking for," he told me as we headed to the bedroom.

We needed to get ready.

"So let's plan on trying to get out of here by 11:00?" I asked as I glanced at the clock.

It was only a little before 9.

"Yeah we can do that," he commented as I went to get things ready for myself.

And so we got ready for the day and were out the door before 11.

"Where do you want to go first?" Andy asked me as we pulled out of the driveway.

"Kmart. I also could use a few new tops for work," I told him.

He chuckled.

"Candy and shirts got it," he remarked as we made our way to Kmart.

It was nice to have some sort of normalcy in my life.

"What sort of tops were you gonna look for?" Andy asked.

"Well Jaclyn Smith's new collection dropped a while ago and there were some nice white and black ones that I wanted to add to switch out with my dress pants for work," I told him as we came to a red light.

"Oh, she still has a clothing line?" Andy asked as we continued the drive to Kmart.

"Yes, she does. I always liked how sophisticated some of the pieces are," I told him as we pulled up to Kmart.

Anyone who saw us driving a Porsche into the Kmart parking lot probably giggled that we could afford one car but shopped at a retail store.

"Okay, candy and shirts. Nothing more," I commented as I made my mental list.

"Well, what if I see something for Christmas for you? It isn't too early," he told me.

I chuckled.

"You do you love," I told him as I grabbed a cart as we walked into the store. 

Of course, they had the Halloween stuff scattered throughout the store.

"I think we need at least 3 bags," he told me.

"Yes," I told him as we went to pick out 3 bags of candy.

"Do we want to get the snack bags to make little candy bags or just give handfuls out to trick-or-treaters?" Andy asked me.

I shrugged.

"What's easier?" I asked him.

"Either way I don't mind," I told him as I found a bag of candy that had Snickers, Milky Ways, and more.

"Maybe we should just do the handfuls of candy," Andy commented.

"It doesn't matter to me honestly," I replied as I spotted the new rack of Jaclyn Smith shirts.

I walked towards the clothing section to see if the ones I saw in the ad were available.

"Oh good do they have the ones you were looking for?" Andy asked as we stood at the rack.

"Well let's see if they have my size," I replied.

So, I searched and found only one of the tops in my size. It was the black one which was fine with me.

"Only one of them?" Andy asked.

"We can always check again in a few weeks. They were advertised heavily," I
 told him.

"Whatever you say darling I'll be the driver," he told me as we went to the Halloween section.

There were at least 3 aisles dedicated to it. Christmas decor starting to pop up in the midst of it as well.

"The Christmas season seems to start earlier and earlier," I gestured to the stack of wrapping paper.

"It does indeed darling," he remarked as we took a quick browse through the section.

Tis the season.