Chapter 33

"Violet, are you telling me I have to bake 60 cookies for the AA meeting next week?" Grandma Mary asked Violet.

I had dropped Andy back at his house so he could take care of Sam. After I left Violet's,  I would go pick him up to come stay back at my place.

Violet looked at me. I looked at her. The AAs wanted to do some sort of weekly snack and for each member to take turns. Violet volunteered first.

"Don't look at me Violet," I chuckled as Violet looked back at Grandma Mary.

"Honey, Violet, why did you volunteer first?" she asked.

"Because I want to be on top of everything and be first," Violet remarked.

I had turned my attention to Violet's art papers on the table. She had another exhibition coming up that she had yet to tell me about.

"(Y/N) can help," Violet commented as her voice threw me back into reality.

"Honey, that's a lot to ask of her. She works," Grandma Mary remarked.

"I can help. I can also just buy some from the store already made and we can pass them off as our own," I told them.

"Wait that's genius," Violet remarked as she noticed I had her art papers in my hand.

"Yeah, I did that when I was in home ec in high school. And I got an A+ and no one knew," I replied.

"Wait did you read those papers?" Violet asked gesturing to them.

"Yes and why didn't you tell me?"I asked her.

"You didn't tell her your art is being featured in the Museum of Modern Art in NYC?" Grandma Mary remarked.

"In New York?" I exclaimed.

Violet sighed and shook her head.

"Yes in New York. I just, don't want to jinx everything good going on," she replied.

I frowned.

"Oh my god, Violet you could never jinx anything. You are doing so well and deserve to be celebrated," I told her.

"Yes honey I told you that she would say the exact same thing she said," Grandma Mary pipped in.

"I know but the exhibit is during the week and you won't be able to go with us," Violet remarked.

"When is it? I could always take a vacation," I told her.

I hadn't taken any vacation days yet and I had only used one sick day.

"Well the exhibit opens the first week of July and they want me there then," Violet told me.

"Okay, first week of July so when are you and Grandma expecting to fly out?" I asked her.

I glanced at the calendar. It was the middle of June. Crazy to think Andy and I had been together roughly 3 months. 

"The opening night is July 5th so we were thinking of flying out July 3rd," Violet told me happily.

"Okay, so I would need to take off starting July 3rd through roughly July 8th?" I asked her.

"Yes so we'll fly home on the 7th so you can at least take off through the 9th so you can rest before going back to the office," Violet remarked.

"Okay, it's settled. We are going to New York," I told her as I wrote down everything on a piece of paper.

I would go to work in the morning and put this information down in the vacation calendar. 

"Now we got to think about outfits girls.  New York is like Paris. The fashion capital of the United States," Grandma Mary joked.

I chuckled.