Chapter 111

Christmas was in full swing. Andy was busy packing away for the upcoming move to London to record his new album.

As for my life, I was content for the most part. The weird part was Violet was home. For 11 months, not having her a phone call away was tragic in some aspects.

I was finishing up some Christmas cookies when Andy joined me in the kitchen.

"Taking a break?" I asked him as he sat down at the kitchen table.

"Yeah you wouldn't believe how ridiculous it is as a man to try and figure out what the hell to wear and take to another country for a longer period," he remarked.

I chuckled.

"Well, it'll probably be cold and mostly rainy so a lot of sweatshirts, a least some water-resistant shoes," I commented.

"You being logical and me overthinking everything," he remarked.

"Well yeah I have to," I told him as I grabbed two cookies for him to have.

"Thank you, darling," he remarked as he grabbed the cookies from me.

"Just take a break and relax for a hot second," I reassured him as I went to clean up the rest of my baking mess.

"It's hard to relax when I've got so much on my mind," he remarked.

I dried my hands from the sink and went over to him sitting at the table.

"Calm down love," I told him as I stood behind his chair and ran my thumbs down his neck.

He was beyond stressed out and you could feel the stress in his neck.

"My entire world is here. How can I survive over there without you?" he asked.

I sighed.

"You'll do fine I promise you love. Shortly after you get settled, I'll be there for a week or so and I'll fly in for your birthday too. I have it all planned," I told him.

"I just don't want to blow my last chance this time. No one is going to keep giving me breaks," he told me worriedly.

"Hey hey hey. You've been showing up for not only yourself but the people involved in your life love. You've built up a good community and people trust you," I told him as I wrapped him in a hug from behind.

He sighed.

"I just overthink I guess. It's the packing that's making all these front and forward on my brain," he told me as the oven timer went off.

I forgot I had another batch of cookies in the oven.

"Hold that thought," I told him as I walked to get the cookies out of the oven.

I got the cookies out of the oven and then went back over to Andy.

"You'll be fine. This is gonna be your chance to prove everyone wrong," I told him.

He slightly smiled.

"You are right darling. It's time for me to prove everyone wrong," he remarked.

"And you'll be at the top of the world doing what you love: performing and singing," I told him.

His smile grew.

"That's a true statement. This is my time to shine," he told me.

"Exactly love you are gonna be getting your chance at life once more," I told him as Sam scratched at the backdoor.

I went to let him in while Andy finally calmed down.

Andy smiled as Sam ran to the living room.

Andy seemed to have calmed down.

At least I was able to bring him back down.