Chapter 25

"Oh my god, he finally asked you?" Violet commented as we sat chatting on the phone.

I called her after last night's date. I was still in shock that he had asked even though I felt it coming that we would be in a relationship recently.

"Yes he asked me with a cute little necklace," I remarked as I fiddled with the necklace around my neck.

"I cannot believe this. A year ago, Andy and I were both in a treatment facility and now here we are thriving with you by our sides," she commented.

I smiled. But, I also worried about the what-ifs. I couldn't break his heart if things went totally sour. It would kill him.

"That's true but I don't know how to carry out the relationship. I mean what if things go bad?" I asked her.

She sighed.

"I mean that's a risk you both are willing to take. But he's very much like a baby, childlike. I think you were put into his life for a reason," Violet explained.

"Even his parents say I'm good for him. I've never ever heard that before from someone. When I was with Jackson, it was always either 100% or nothing in the relationship. And when he got bored in sophomore year, he decided to find another fool to date," I commented.

"By the way, did they stay together?" Violet asked me.

"Actually no cause one of the sorority sisters knew that he was with me and she found out and made a bunch of posters to expose him. Honestly, it wasn't that hard to break up with him before that," I told her.

"Wow, I don't even remember that part. I knew you left him after he cheated but damn the fact some of the sorority chicks stood by you," Violet commented.

"I know right? Crazy but I mean now I see a new light with Andy cause he definitely isn't a frat boy. And as my psychology class talks about, his frontal lobe is fully developed," I commented with a chuckle.

Violet laughed.

"Good golly girl you are funny," she replied.

"I mean it's true. My mother always warned about guys in my age group. You need to always go for someone slightly older or wait till they are older," I analyzed.

"Your mama is pretty dang smart. I do agree with that logical concept," Violet remarked.

I heard Grandma Mary in the background.

"Oh shoot it's time for mine and Grandma's hair appointments so I gotta go," Violet told me.

"Okay talk to you later," I told her as I hung up.

I sighed as I refocused as I got up to do some stuff around the house.

I kept reeling at the fact I was in a relationship. For the first time in like 4 years. What would be different in the adult dating world? As for Andy, he and I had a lot to learn from one another. 

I went ahead and did my load of laundry and cleaned up for the weekend. After about an hour, the phone rang. I answered it in the kitchen.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hi darling," Andy's voice came over.

Here I go again with my nerves. He was already calling me darling. Perhaps I should just bask in it.

"Hi, how are you?" I remarked as I leaned against the wall.

"I'm good. How are you?" he asked me politely.

"Good good just doing some cleaning and stuff," I commented.

"Nice. I just wanted to call and see how things were. Thank you for last night. It was wonderful," he told me.

I smiled. He really was whipped already. 

"I always wanted to take a pottery class and I'm glad you didn't turn your nose to it," I commented as I twirled the phone cord around my finger.

"I never thought about taking a pottery class honestly but it was fun and hopefully we can go again. It was different and probably the most fun I've had in a long time," he replied.

"I'll keep that in mind," I told him.

"So," he commented.

"Yes?" I asked him.

"Well I told my parents about us being official and they are really happy. So is my sister Berri," Andy commented.

You could hear the smile in his voice.

"Awwww," I remarked.

"Yeah I'm gonna tell my brothers about us later but I think this is gonna be the happiest chapter of my life since everything happened," Andy commented.

I smiled again as if he could see me. He was really happy and I was the reason. 

"Well I'm lucky to accompany you, Andrew," I told him.

I thought it was cute or nice to call him Andrew. It showed to me that I paid attention to him and focused on the real Andy or Andrew.

"Andrew? Do you like saying my full name? It's cute," Andy chuckled.

I chuckled.

"Well, I just like saying, Andrew. It sounds proper," I told him.

"Proper?" he questioned.

"Yeah I like it," I told him.

"That's like me calling you darling I suppose," he told me.

"It's cute," I told him.

I sounded like I was in middle school saying it was "cute." But, I was trying to be my authentic self.

"Cute?" he laughed.

"Yeah I mean it's not boring or typical like "babe" or even "baby." It's a nice nickname and I like it," I remarked.

"I like your way of thinking," he commented.

"Thanks," I chuckled at his comment this time.

"Anywho I just wanted to see how everything was going this morning and I'll probably call later tonight if that's okay?" Andy asked me.

"Of course, it's okay I love talking to you," I told him.

"I love talking to you as well," Andy remarked.

"Talk to you later," I told him.

"Bye," he remarked before hanging the phone up.

I smiled contently as I put the phone on the hook. I grabbed the necklace charm and my heart was beaming at the things that were beginning to fall into place in my life.