Chapter 100

"Don't be nervous darling it's just my parents coming for dinner," he told me as I stood fixing the table.

One thing I did get even in my old age (just kidding about the old part) is I was still nervous around Andy's family.

"But what if the food isn't as good as it could be?" I asked him.

"It's going to be perfect. How could you mess up a lasagna?" he asked.

I sighed in relief.

"I know but," I began to comment.

He kissed me.

"Okay I'll stop overthinking," I told him as he pulled away.

He chuckled.

"Good now let's go wait for my parents. They should be here soon," he remarked as we walked back to the living room.

And so, he put some music on quietly while we sat around waiting for Barbara and Hugh.

After a few, we heard a door. 

"They're here," I remarked as I stood up and went to the front door.

"Calm down," he told me as I opened the door.

"Hi, how are you? Barbara greeted as she walked up to the door.

"Doing good how are you?" I asked as she went for a hug.

"We are good," Barbara answered as Hugh walked in.

Sometimes I couldn't believe how much Andy looked like his father.

"Sit sit make yourselves at home," Andy told his parents.

"Let me go check on dinner," I told them as I went to the kitchen.

I mentally calmed myself down. Dinner looked decent and everything was still warm.

Andy was showing Barbara and Hugh all the pictures we took on our last two trips.

"What did I miss?" I commented as I rejoined them.

"Not much darling just showing the pictures from the trips," he told me.

I smiled as I sat in the recliner.

"Were you afraid of the balloon flight in Greece?" Hugh asked me.

I shook my head.

"No not really. Everything new is scary at first but it was cool to get to experience something we've never experienced before," I explained as Andy found a picture of us. 

I had taken several candid shots. One was of us with the balloon before going up for the flight. Violet had taken my camera and was taking random photos.

"I love this one. You can see how excited you both were," Barbara commented.

"It was pretty exciting but also terrifying cause like there was a chance we wouldn't be able to go up for the flight," he explained.

"How different is it from the pilot licenses thing?" Hugh asked Andy.

"Well for one it's an enclosed plane so that's the main difference," Andy replied.

I stifled a laugh. It was funny for no reason.

"And you guys went to a balloon fiesta shortly after the trip overseas?" Barbara asked.

"Yeah, we did. It wasn't even planned at all but it was probably the coolest we've randomly planned," I explained.

 "How was that? Andy said you got up at like 2 a.m. to go?" Hugh asked me.

"Yeah, it was early we had to get up. But it was so worth it. The balloons against the blue sky were out of a movie sort of feeling," I commented.

"The food was my favorite. They had burritos and some other stuff being sold," Andy explained.

"How often do they do that festival?" Barbara asked Andy.

"Once a year, right darling?" Andy asked me.

"Yep, once a year in October. I hope we can go next year," I told them.

"It sounds like fun. Did you guys explore the city at all?" Hugh asked Andy.

"We did. (Y/N) had found a nice little restaurant and it was probably the best New Mexican food we tried the whole trip," Andy explained.

"Wait New Mexican? There's a difference between Mexican and New Mexican?" Barbara asked.

"Yeah we were told it's a fusion of the Spanish and Pueblo people's food and way of cooking," I explained. 

"Oh wow I guess we've never really thought about the state of New Mexico before," Hugh commented.

"The mountain ranges are beautiful. We got to ride the tram too," Andy remarked as he found a picture from our trip in the tram car.

The view was beautiful that day. 

"And you did this all in 4 days?" Hugh asked.

"Yep but we would like to go back to either Albuqeuque again or another place to explore more of the culture," I replied.

"It does look like a beautiful place to visit," Barbara commented as she looked through the photos Andy was handing her.

"If we had never been spontaneous, we would have never known this beautiful state," Andy remarked.

"Very true," I replied.

We sat and conversed for a few more minutes before I went to check on the food. It was still warm thank goodness.

"Would you like to eat now?" I asked from the kitchen doorway.

"Sure that sounds wonderful," Barbara remarked as she stood up.

Andy put all the photos away as the three of them made their trek to the dining room.

A good day with my boyfriend and in-laws.