Chapter 24

"I'm so proud of the two of you," I commented as we walked out of the building.

Andy and Violet had just completed their AA meeting. Andy had been officially sober again for 5 days. 

"I'm so glad you encouraged me to come with you guys," Andy commented as we walked to the car.

"Oooh girl we still got to get our tradition," Violet commented.

"Tradition?" Andy asked as we arrived at the car.

"We always go out for a soda after each meeting," I commented as I unlocked the doors for them.

I walked around to the driver's side as we got settled in the car.

Andy got into the back and Violet rode shotgun.

"So where to for a soda?" I asked as I turned the car on.

"A&W?" Violet asked.

"Sounds good to me," Andy commented as I went to pull out of the space.

"Alrighty," I remarked as we drove to A&W.

Andy and Violet chatted about things they would be doing or talking about in AA. I was just focused on getting to the restaurant. 

We pulled up to the drive-thru.

"What would you guys like?" I asked before we got to the speaker.

"Diet Coke," Violet commented.

"Actually, I'll take a root beer and here," Andy handed me cash to pay.

"No no, it's on me," I told him.

"Just let me?" he asked.

Violet looked at us with a smile.

"Are you sure?" I asked him.

"Yes," he told me.

I took the cash and we proceeded to order.

We got our drinks and headed to drop Violet off at her house.

"Thanks for everything again," Violet told me before she walked up to the house.

"See you later," I told her as Andy got settled into the front seat.

As soon as Grandma Mary greeted her on the porch, I drove back to my house. Andy had come over prior to us driving over to the AA meeting.

It was quiet for a second as we began the drive to my house.

"So tomorrow what time do I need to come over?" Andy asked curiously.

"Well like I said the pottery class starts at 6:30 so I'm gonna make us an early dinner before we go out," I commented as he went to turn up the radio just a bit.

"I'll be there at 5 then," he remarked as we shortly arrived at my house.

"Sounds good," I told him with a smile.

We parked and we headed up the walkway to my house.

We walked in. 

"Do you wanna sit down for a few before you leave?"  I asked him.

"Yeah we won't be doing our weekly phone call on Thursdays anymore since I'll be with you," he chuckled.

We went to sit down on the couch. We were quiet for a few.

"My parents would like for us to have a proper meeting like dinner the four of us," Andy blurted out after a second.

"Oh really?" I asked.