Chapter 71

"(Y/N) coffee's ready," I heard from afar.

It was Saturday, March 14th. The day before my birthday. All I wanted to do was lay low. Andy agreed with my request. But, I was woken up earlier than I wanted to be.

I flipped to see Andy was still laying next to me.

"Wait how did you get back so fast?" I asked half-asleep.

"I've been here this entire time darling," he told me.

"B-but I heard someone say that coffee was ready," I remarked as I heard footsteps in the hall.

Was I dreaming?

"Didn't you hear me? Coffee is ready," Violet said from the doorway.

I sat up and stared in confusion.

"Am I dreaming? Andy?"  I asked as I turned to see him smiling.

"Happy Birthday," Andy commented as Violet stood at the doorway.

"Violet?" I remarked as I stood up.

"You aren't dreaming. I'm here," she told me.

Half-asleep, I walked up to her and hugged her. It wasn't a dream. My best friend was here in my house for my birthday.

"How is this possible?" I asked as we separated from the hug.

"Well I possibly did my homework for 2 weeks straight to get ahead and talked with my professors and they gave me the option to go away to come see you. The only thing I have to do is pick a place to photograph and then turn it into some sort of art piece," she explained.

"Wait is Grandma Mary here too? When did you guys get in?"  I asked.

Andy sat there smiling. He had been planning this with Violet the entire time.

"We flew in last night. We went straight to the condo," Violet explained.

"God I feel like I'm still in a dream," I remarked.

 It was then I realized I was still in my pajamas and felt very behind with Violet standing in front of me dressed and ready.

"I'll be here till Wednesday. We fly back Wednesday night," Violet commented.

"I didn't think I'd see you till the fall I am so happy," I told her.

"Darling why don't we get ready and we can go to breakfast somewhere?" he suggested.

"That sounds perfect," I told him as Violet went back out to the hall to the living room.

"So how do you like your surprise?" Andy asked me.

"Like? No, I love it I'm in a state of shock can you tell?" I asked him as I went to hug him.

He sighed happily.

"Do you know how hard it was to keep this a secret?" he asked as he kissed my forehead.

"Actually yes I can," I told him.

He chuckled.

"That's true I'm asking the biggest secret surprise keeper how hard it is to keep a secret," he remarked.

I chuckled this time.

"But you like surprises, don't you?" I asked him.

"Yes I do," he remarked.

"Come on were burning daylight!" Violet shouted from the living room.

Andy and I laughed.

"I guess we better get our asses in gear," I commented.