Chapter 72

"Happy Birthday Darling," Andy whispered.

It was the day of my actual birthday. This afternoon was going to be a dinner with Violet and Grandma. But this morning, it was all phone calls and stuff from my parents and opening some gifts with Andy.

I didn't even want to open my eyes yet. I dreaded going to work tomorrow when I had my best friend in my circle again. And soon, she'll be gone again overseas.

"Come on darling we're burning daylight," he teased as he hovered over me.

"It's my birthday I should get to spend it how I want," I told him.

"I have coffee ready for you and one of your gifts," he told me.

"Okay okay fine," I reluctantly sat up.

"I want us to take our time getting ready this morning so we can get the most out of your day. Because I know you, as soon as we get home tonight, you are going straight to work mode," he commented.

I chuckled.

"You know me so well," I told him as he grabbed the cup of coffee he had made me.

"Your second birthday that we get to celebrate together," he commented as he sat back down next to me.

I rubbed the sleep from my eyes as we sat there comfortably.

"So you said you had a present for me," I remarked.

"Oh right. This is only one of them," he told me.

I didn't want that much for my birthday. I knew Andy was coming from a good place.

Andy grabbed the small box from the side of the bed. 

"I hope it fits," he remarked as he handed it to me.

I looked at him puzzled as I took the box from him and opened it.

It was a silver-plated ring with an Aquamarine stone. It was a birthstone ring.

"Andrew," I remarked as I took it out.

"Now we can match sort of," he remarked as he gestured to his birthstone necklace.

I slipped it on my finger and just admired it. 

"It's not too big?" he asked as he grabbed my hand.

"No, it's perfect. I love it Andy," I told him as I leaned to kiss his cheek.

I then wrapped him in a hug.

Anytime I got a gift from someone, I never knew how to react. I was overjoyed and overwhelmed because I knew this man was so deeply in love with me. I was in love with him. And this was my first serious relationship as an adult and it made it past the first two dates.

"I wanted to get you something sentimental like you did me," he remarked as we separated from the embrace.

"It's beautiful," I told him as I kept looking at my finger. 

I put it on my left hand since it fit best. I knew Violet would probably think otherwise but we weren't engaged. 

"I was truly lost at what to get you and then after my birthday, I knew that was exactly what I needed to get you," he told me proudly.

I kissed his cheek again.

"Thanks for making my birthday off to a great start," I told him.

"Of course darling you know it's only part of your gifts," he told me.

"This would have been plenty enough honey," I told him.

"But you went over and beyond and," he began responding.

I cut him off.

"What I did for you didn't have to compare to what you can do for me. Being here with you is a gift as we know," I told him.

He smiled at me.

"I know darling I just feel like," he began responding.

I cut him off this time by kissing him.

He chucked as we separated.

"That's one way to thank me," he joked.

"Well yeah," I remarked as I looked down.

"I hope today is everything you wish for and you never forget," Andy commented.

"It will be. And mostly because of you it will be probably my second-best birthday," I told him.

"When was your best birthday?" Andy asked.

"Last year. When we made it sort of official," I told him.

Andy smiled at me.

"I see why," he told me.

To a beautiful birthday. For once, I loved celebrating.