You Don't Know Me | A Andy Gi...

By seventiesforever

The spring of 1985 posed a surprise to (Y/N). Her best friend since elementary entered rehab at the Betty For... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115

Chapter 24

39 2 9
By seventiesforever

"I'm so proud of the two of you," I commented as we walked out of the building.

Andy and Violet had just completed their AA meeting. Andy had been officially sober again for 5 days. 

"I'm so glad you encouraged me to come with you guys," Andy commented as we walked to the car.

"Oooh girl we still got to get our tradition," Violet commented.

"Tradition?" Andy asked as we arrived at the car.

"We always go out for a soda after each meeting," I commented as I unlocked the doors for them.

I walked around to the driver's side as we got settled in the car.

Andy got into the back and Violet rode shotgun.

"So where to for a soda?" I asked as I turned the car on.

"A&W?" Violet asked.

"Sounds good to me," Andy commented as I went to pull out of the space.

"Alrighty," I remarked as we drove to A&W.

Andy and Violet chatted about things they would be doing or talking about in AA. I was just focused on getting to the restaurant. 

We pulled up to the drive-thru.

"What would you guys like?" I asked before we got to the speaker.

"Diet Coke," Violet commented.

"Actually, I'll take a root beer and here," Andy handed me cash to pay.

"No no, it's on me," I told him.

"Just let me?" he asked.

Violet looked at us with a smile.

"Are you sure?" I asked him.

"Yes," he told me.

I took the cash and we proceeded to order.

We got our drinks and headed to drop Violet off at her house.

"Thanks for everything again," Violet told me before she walked up to the house.

"See you later," I told her as Andy got settled into the front seat.

As soon as Grandma Mary greeted her on the porch, I drove back to my house. Andy had come over prior to us driving over to the AA meeting.

It was quiet for a second as we began the drive to my house.

"So tomorrow what time do I need to come over?" Andy asked curiously.

"Well like I said the pottery class starts at 6:30 so I'm gonna make us an early dinner before we go out," I commented as he went to turn up the radio just a bit.

"I'll be there at 5 then," he remarked as we shortly arrived at my house.

"Sounds good," I told him with a smile.

We parked and we headed up the walkway to my house.

We walked in. 

"Do you wanna sit down for a few before you leave?"  I asked him.

"Yeah we won't be doing our weekly phone call on Thursdays anymore since I'll be with you," he chuckled.

We went to sit down on the couch. We were quiet for a few.

"My parents would like for us to have a proper meeting like dinner the four of us," Andy blurted out after a second.

"Oh really?" I asked.

"Yeah I mean they want to get to know you. Well us I suppose together," he commented.

I wasn't even sure what we were. He had yet to officially ask me to be his girlfriend but we had now gone on 2 dates to figure it out.

"I mean they see you are good for me," he commented as he took a sip of his soda.

I smiled. I was actually doing something good in this world and making a difference.

"We can plan something I'm sure," I replied.

I glanced at the clock. It was 8:30 on the dot. It was weird to have the man I'd been talking to for weeks on the phone in my house instead.

"Okay good good. Also for the pottery class tomorrow, do I need to wear something old?" he asked curiously.

I chuckled.

"Well, I assume they will give us aprons," I commented.

He chuckled this time.

"Oh good. I had no idea," he replied as he stifled a yawn.

I could tell he was tired but he needed to get home safely.

He glanced at his watch.

"I think I'm going to head out. We have a big day tomorrow," he remarked as he stood up from the couch.

I smiled as we walked to the front door.

"Thank you for coming with us," I told him.

"I think it's gonna be good for me. For us," he told me as we walked out onto the porch.

I smiled.

"See you tomorrow," he remarked as he went in for a hug.

I kissed his cheek.

"See you tomorrow Andrew," I told him.

He smiled at me as walked down the steps.

I watched him walk to his car and drive away.

I sighed contently.

I got ready for bed since I did have work in the morning.

The day went by in a drag until the work clock hit 2. I raced home to get refreshed and ready and also started cooking dinner for Andy and me.

I decided to make stuffed chicken breasts with a salad. I was hoping Andy would like it.

With all the cooking, 5 o'clock rolled around quickly.

Promptly at 5:00, Andy rang the doorbell. 

I had just set up the table for dinner.

"Coming one second," I hollered.

I wiped my hands clean as I glanced in the mirror one more time to make sure I was presentable.

I opened the door. Andy was standing there with more flowers. My house was beginning to look like a garden.

"Hi," I told him.

"Hi darling," he remarked as he kissed my cheek and he handed me the flowers.

"Thank you my house looks so pretty with all the flowers," I told him as I took them to add to the other bouquet in the living room.

"Of course. A lady like yourself deserves flowers," he remarked.

I smiled.

"Make yourself comfortable. Dinner will be ready in just a second," I told him.

He smiled as he went to sit down on the couch.

I went to pull the dinner out of the oven. Then, quickly rearranged the flowers and added the new ones.

"Whatever you made smells delicious," he commented as I came back out with the flowers.

"Thank you. It's stuffed chicken breasts and I made a salad," I commented as I placed the flowers on the coffee table.

"Oooh okay," he remarked.

"Yeah so I hope you like it," I told him.

I glanced at the clock and if we were gonna make it to the pottery class, we should probably go and eat now.

"Of course, I will," he remarked.

"Let's go ahead and eat if you would like so we can make sure we are at the class exactly on time," I told him as I held my hand out to him.

He smiled as he grabbed my hand.

We went and ate contently. The pottery class went well. We had a lot of fun despite the project not going as well as it should have at first.

We were walking to the car with our little projects. I had made a little vase and Andy had made a little heart.

"This was so fun. I'm so glad you thought about going to a pottery class," Andy commented.

I smiled as we reached the car.

"I'm glad you liked it. I was worried cause in my 26 years of living, I've never ever planned a date before," I told him as he unlocked the door for me.

He smiled but waited to comment back until he got into the car.

"Usually I plan things but it was refreshing for you to be spontaneous," he told me.

He looked like he was getting nervous. I was really confused.

I smiled at him as he pulled out of the parking lot. 

"Where would you like to go get ice cream?" he asked.

He remembered what I had told him.

"Dairy Queen?" I asked.

"We shall go to Dairy Queen then," he told me as we drove to get ice cream.

We talked and joked about things as we drove. He was really warming up to me as this version of Andy. 

After we got our ice cream, we drove back to my house. We walked up to the porch and I gestured for us to sit down on the porch swing.

"Today was lovely," I remarked as we sat swinging back and forth eating our ice cream.

"It definitely was. You are a real good cook," he complimented.

"Thanks," I remarked as I looked down at my shoes.

"So," he commented after a second.

"Yes?" I asked him.

"I was thinking, well," he pulled a little box out of his pocket.

It was like a necklace box.

I panicked.

"I was hoping you'd be my girlfriend?" he asked quietly as he showed me a cute little heart necklace.

I smiled and was shocked at the same time.

"A-Andy," I remarked as I took the spoon out of my mouth.

"I really like you and I just hope things keep going well," he remarked happily.

All these thoughts ran through my head but something inside of me just to say yes. But, I couldn't break his heart if things go wrong.

He stared at me.

"Well?" he asked me.

I sighed.

"I would love to," I told him as he began to smile.

He took the necklace out of the box and put it on me.

It was all sort of high school first love kind of feeling for me. Perhaps in my first relationship, I wasn't in love. This was a new kind of feeling and I couldn't wait to see what this love Andy and I would have. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52 12 11
a simple story of two bestfriends.
232 29 23
She was too young, too innocent, and death didn't take her. She got another chance. Another, alternate future.
Mystery Boy By M Masters

General Fiction

79 6 5
They don't know each other but he's always there to save her.
97.9K 2.5K 42
What happens when two people meet by accident and become best friends? But soon they develop feelings for each other... Also wattpad needs more of A...