โœ” | ATLANTIS โ†’ STRANGER THI...

By c0nfusiontype

in which, four friends suffer the pact of love, monsters and friendship. season two: โœ”.. season three: โœ”.. More

ATLANTIS.
PLAYLIST.
ACT 1.
00. prologue
01. home again
02. newbie
03. lovers quarrel
04. it's halloween, loser
05. different
06. dustin's new pet
07. shadow monster
08. hurting
09. meat
10. trip to somewhere
11. stomach gone
12. her first move
13. trash
14. little reunion
15. resolution
ACT 2.
00. prologue
01. day of the dead
02. who's suzie?
03. trouble of connection
04. kill me slowly
05. wonderful
07. black and green combination
08. games
09. words of the dictionary
10. pain
11. nothing normal
12. life falling perfectly
13. thinking of goodbye
14. confess. now
15. misty rain
epilogue

06. agony

70 4 9
By c0nfusiontype

atlantis | stranger things
06  agony

-
narrator

sophie woke up, having to face lucas' banter on the walkie. she groaned, closing the antenna. she had to get up anyway, they were going to find a way into the vault.

dustin called her on the phone since he couldn't reach her on the walkie. she apologized and started to get ready.

she wore a collared white shirt with a v-neck light blue vest on top with black trousers. she didn't feel like wearing anything overboard since she's mostly going to spend time in a mall.

henry was nowhere to be found while cameron was spending time with max and eleven, she told her yesterday night. cameron didn't want the girl to feel left out on the details.

when she reached there, dustin was not there but according to robin, on the same rooftop they were at last night. when he came back, he immediately told them the stuff he saw.

"that keycard opens the door, but unfortunately, the russian with this keycard also had a massive gun. whatever's in this room, whatever's in those boxes, they really don't want anybody finding it." dustin finished.

"but there's gotta be a way in." robin said. steve blew his hat back to its original form, "well, you know. . . i could just take him out."

sophie chuckled. "like you 'did' with jonathan? right. wait, like you also 'did' with billy? steve, no. at this point, let me just call cameron since she actually has beaten up someone before."

"what? i sneak behind him, i knock him out, and i take his keycard. it's easy." steve completely ignore sophie's statement.

"sophie's right. did you not even hear the part about the massive gun?" dustin agreed, fist-bumming the girl who was sitting on the floor beside him.

"yes, dustin. i did. and that's why i would be sneaking. plus sophie said what happened in the past, i think two fails wouldn't hurt. at least, i'm brave enough to punch someone."

sophie sighed, getting up from the floor. "fine, steve. if you can knock someone out, i will treat you to those waffles we got you when you got heartbroken."

"deal."

robin leaned forward. "wait, steve's gotten heartbroken before?" sophie nodded. "that's news."

the room went silent until robin got up after staring at the air ducts. "that might just work." she grabbed all the tips from the top jar, leaving only the coins.

"robin. hey, robin! hey, what- what are you doing?"

"i need cash," robin said as she walked backwards, facing steve. "well, half of that's mine. where're you going?"

"to find a way into that room, a safe way. and in the meantime, sling ice cream, behave, and don't get beat up. i'll be back in a jiff." she saluted them goodbye.

sophie rolled her eyes at dustin licking steve's scooper. "guys, i'm gonna go to jack's store. i wanna go get some comics for henry," they nodded after steve got his scooper back.

sophie really did not want to stay with their butts since robin left, she'd wished she went with the girl.

-

cameron woke up with max on top of her while eleven beside them. she's surprised max didn't move at all, the girl was still clinging onto her.

lucas was on the radio. "do you copy? this is a code red. i repeat, this is a code red. max. do you copy?"

cameron grimaced as he wouldn't stop, therefore, she grabbed the walkie from below her. "what! the girls are sleeping, they need whatever max calls beauty sleep? just stop calling," she whispered into the walkie, closing the antenna.

max stirred, hearing the last words. "why's he calling?"

cameron kissed the top of her head, "dunno. go back to sleep,"

the mayfield girl nodded against her chest, clinging onto the girl tightly. cameron shook her head, groaning when the phone started ringing.

"you've got to be kidding me." max got up, pissed off. eleven sat up, side-hugging cameron as well. cameron chuckled, hugging the girl back.

"i'm sleeping. go away,"

cameron watched max with a curious face, the girl's face shifted into concern. "what did he say?" eleven asked.

max went to the washroom. "we gotta go!" cameron followed her into the washroom. "to where?"

"mike's."

cameron rolled her eyes but told eleven that they were going to mike's, the girl protested yet got ready.

they reached mike's house, cameron lacking behind again since she left the house later than the girls because she told charlie to feed nick on the phone, telling her the key's in the plant.

charlie scolded her about not being a good pet owner, cameron apologized. she didn't mean to, she just had a lot of things going on.

charlie waved it off, saying it was fine but reminded her to take care of the dog better. he didn't deserve it.

the party was huddled around the couches, cameron feeling tired so rested her head on max's shoulder. "i didn't think of it was anything at first. i mean, i think i just didn't want to believe it. the first time i felt it was at day of the dead."

cameron lifted her head off max's shoulder. "yeah, i felt something too that night, goosebumps on my arms."

will nodded, knowing the piece of information. "power went out that night too," mike said, looking at cameron confused at her news.

"and then i felt it again at the field the nelson farm the next day. then again yesterday outside castle byers." will explained. "what does it feel like?" max asked, grabbing cameron's hand gently.

"it's almost like. . ." will started, "like when you drop on a roller coaster?" cameron questioned. "yeah, exactly like that. everything inside your body is sinking all at once, but. . . this is worse. your body. . ."

"freezes?" henry asked. "yes, it feels like you can't breathe. i felt it before, whenever he was close."

"whenever who was close?" max asked. "the mind flayer," will answered. cameron exhaled, running her free hand through her hair.

"i closed the gate," eleven stated.

"i know but, what if he never left? what if we locked him out here with us?" will went to grab a paper when mostly everyone in the room looked puzzled.

he quickly slammed the paper on the table, a black crayon in his hand. "this is him," he drew the mind flayer. "all of him. but that day on the field, a part of him attached itself to me and maybe even cameron at some point." he used his hand to blur the figure.

"my mom got it out of me. . . and eleven closed the gate." he flipped the paper around. "but the part that was still in me, what if it's still in our world?" he placed his hand on the paper, making a hand print. "in hawkins."

"i don't understand. the demodogs died when el closed the gate. if the brain dies, the body dies." max tilted her head in confusion.

"we can't take any chances. we need to assume the worst. the mind flayer's back,"

henry looked down. "i don't want to assume the worst," cameron put her hand on his back. "yeah. and if he is, he'd want to attach himself to someone again. a new me, or cameron but i don't know."

"a new host," lucas said.

"how can you tell if someone is a host?" eleven asked, they turned to will and cameron who raised her hands. "i don't know, ask will not me."

-

sophie bought three comics for henry, all of them being marvel ones. robin eventually came back, holding the blueprints of the mall. "it is fascinating what twenty bucks will get you at the county recorder's office."

robin placed the blueprints on the table. "starcourt mall. the complete blueprints." sophie hi-fived the buckley girl.

"not bad." dustin smiled. "not bad? this is amazing!" sophie side-hugged robin who ruffled her hair.

"so, this is us, scoops." she showed where they were then pointed at a different room. "and this is where we want to get."

steve shook her head. "i mean, i don't really see a way in."

"there's not, if you're talking exclusively about doors." she took the first blueprint away, showing the one under it. "we can use the air ducts," sophie caught up to what she was saying.

"exactly." robin went to the white board. "turns out, this secret room needs air just like any old room." she grabbed a dry erase marker, circling the air duct. "and these air ducts lead all the way," she drew the path to scoops. "here." she looked up.

the three following her. steve took a ladder, climbing it and taking off the screws before pulling it off. "flashlight," he said, the screwdriver in his mouth muffling his words.

dustin handed him the flashlight after getting both the screwdriver and air duct from him, steve clicked on the flashlight. "yeah, i don't know, man. i don't know if you can fit in here. it's, like. . . super tight."

"i'll fit." dustin looked smug after he passed the air duct to sophie who threw it across the room. "trust me. no collar bones, remember?"

"right. why can't sophie do it?" steve handed him the flashlight. sophie smiled sarcastically. "because i don't have his collar bones."

"uh, excuse me?" robin asked, referring to his collar bones problem. "oh, he's uh. . . yeah, he's got some disease."

"it's chrydo, something? yeah, i dunno." sophie forgot what dustin told her about his disease. "he's missing bones and stuff. he can bend like gumbo," steve added.

"you mean gumby." robin corrected. steve shook his head. "i'm pretty sure it's gumbo." sophie rolled her eyes, going to her comic stash that she bought, even though it was for henry. she couldn't help but know what happens next in the comic.

sophie grimaced when dustin spoke from the air ducts. he's definitely gonna get stuck inside if they don't find an alternative.

sophie's eyes widened when dustin asked steve to push his ass. she bursted out in laughter, putting the comic down. robin chuckled along with her.

"hearing this without context is so disturbing," sophie spoke in between laughs.

"ahoy, sailors. all hands on deck!" erica dinged the bell, sophie groaned a bit at the dinging sound. she grabbed her walkman, putting the headphones on. the smiths playing in her ears.

she couldn't take any more of this agony. steve and dustin doing god knows what and robin's just does whatever unless the  two were together which sophie avoided because she didn't know what to talk about.

author speaks !

these chapters are gonna get longer at some point so why not start now? dw, i won't make it that long. just 1500-2000 words

[ 1774 ]

edited: ✘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29K 1.2K 21
โŽฏโŽฏโŽฏ โ›SADDERDAZEโœ oliver choi finds out hawkins is just as cursed as he thought โŽฏโŽฏsteve harrington x male!o...
572K 19.6K 39
-cherry wine แตแตƒหฃ แตแตƒสธแถ โฑแต‰หกแตˆ "her eyes and words are icy" -How the new girl in Hawkins meet...
5.6K 193 13
ใ€๏ปฟ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ!๐˜ฐ๐˜ค x ๐˜ง๐˜ฆ๐˜ฎ!๐˜ฐ๐˜ค ใ€‘ ๐™„๐™‰ ๐™’๐™ƒ๐™„๐˜พ๐™ƒ, a former orphan with uncontrollable powers moves to a town that would unknowingly change her life. ...
20K 711 26
โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”BRUTAL โtruthfully, wheeler, i don't care what you think of me.โž โ”mike wheeler x male!oc eleven x fem!oc season 2...