๐ƒ๐€๐‘๐Š๐๐„๐’๐’! โ™ฅ C. BROOKS...

By Riverthesimp

๐๐š๐ซ๐ค๐ง๐ž๐ฌ๐ฌ (๐ง.) ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฉ๐š๐ซ๐ญ๐ข๐š๐ฅ ๐จ๐ซ ๐ญ๐จ๐ญ๐š๐ฅ ๐š๐›๐ฌ๐ž๐ง๐œ๐ž ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ฅ๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ โ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐’๐”๐, ... More

๐ƒ๐€๐‘๐Š๐๐„๐’๐’!
๐—ฃ๐—ฅ๐—ข๐—Ÿ๐—ข๐—š๐—จ๐—˜
แตƒแถœแต— แต’โฟแต‰ โป ๐˜ท๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ด
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ | ๐˜€๐—ป๐—ฎ๐—ธ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—ฎ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐—ธ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ | ๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ณ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ‘ | ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ฏ๐˜‚๐˜๐˜๐—ผ๐—ป
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ’ | ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐—ฒ๐—บ๐˜† ๐˜๐˜‚๐—ฟ๐—ป๐—ฒ๐—ฑ ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ผ ๐—ฎ ๐—ณ๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐—ฑ
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ“ | ๐—ฟ๐˜‚๐—บ๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐˜€
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ” | ๐—บ๐—ถ๐˜€๐˜€๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ• | ๐—ป๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ฟ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ฑ
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ– | ๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ด๐—ฎ ๐—บ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐—ฎ๐—บ๐˜‚๐˜€๐—ฒ๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜ ๐—ฝ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ธ
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ— | ๐˜๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฒ ๐˜๐—ถ๐—ด๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜€๐—ฎ๐˜€๐—ต๐—ฎ๐˜†
๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ | ๐—ด๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป ๐—ป๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ท๐—ฎ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ | ๐˜๐—ฟ๐˜‚๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐—ถ๐—ฎ๐—น
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ | ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜€๐˜ ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ด๐—ฏ๐—น๐—ฎ๐—ฑ๐—ฒ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‘ | ๐—ฎ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐—ธ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ’ | ๐˜€๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ฑ๐—ฎ๐˜†
แตƒแถœแต— แต—สทแต’ โป ๐˜ง๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ท๐˜ช๐˜ฅ
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ | ๐—ฝ๐—ฎ๐—ท๐—ฎ๐—บ๐—ฎ ๐˜„๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฎ๐—ป
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ‘ | ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฟ๐—ผ๐—ฟ
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ’ | ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ฟ๐˜€๐—ฒ
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ“ | ๐˜€๐˜๐—ผ๐—น๐—ฒ๐—ป ๐—ฐ๐—ต๐—ถ๐—น๐—ฑ๐—ต๐—ผ๐—ผ๐—ฑ
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ” | ๐˜๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—น ๐—ถ๐—ป ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—ฎ๐˜€๐˜
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ• | ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฑ ๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐˜€๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐—ฒ๐˜€
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ– | ๐˜๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—บ๐—ฏ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜ƒ๐—ฎ๐˜€๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ— | ๐—ท๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ฟ๐—ป๐—ฒ๐˜† ๐˜๐—ผ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ฑ๐—ฑ๐—น๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ฒ๐—ฎ
๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ | ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ด๐—ต๐˜
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ | ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ป๐˜๐—ฑ๐—ผ๐˜„๐—ป
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ | ๐—ต๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜๐˜‚๐—ฟ๐—ป
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‘ | ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ฏ๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐—ด๐—ต๐˜๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ด๐—ต๐˜๐˜€
แตƒแถœแต— แต—สฐสณแต‰แต‰ โป ๐˜จ๐˜ถ๐˜ญ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ฃ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ | ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜‚๐—ฟ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฐ๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ | ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ถ๐—ฏ๐—น๐—ฒ
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ‘ | ๐—ฏ๐—น๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐—ธ ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ฏ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ?
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ’ | ๐—ท๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜‚๐˜€๐˜† ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐˜€๐—ฎ๐˜†? ๐˜†๐—ฒ๐˜€.

๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ | ๐—ป๐—ฒ๐˜„ ๐—ต๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฒ

197 5 90
By Riverthesimp

𝐌𝐎𝐊𝐈 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐄𝐑

The sounds of the birds chipping and the chatting surrounding us fill my ears, the refreshing breeze hitting me on my face as I hold onto a metallic pole. With the help of the guys, except Kai and Zane, we pull the stud until it looked like its previous state before the rave of the Great Devourer had happened. Of course we weren't the only one fixing what that giant snake had destroyed. A lot of citizens were helping by cleaning up the streets. And cherry on top, I felt way better. The little disease I had was slowly going away.

''Ah, finally.'' Cole sighs, a small grin growing on his face. ''All fixed up and Serpentine free.''

''Argh!'' Kai grunts while he extends his arm toward the bar, some sparks leaving his hand, but nothing more. ''Aw, this is frustrating. Our weapons are gone, and most of our elemental powers are gone. I mean, we can still do Spinjitzu, but.. Argh!''

As he tries for a second time to create fire with his hand — it successfully fails once again. Zane moves forward with a blowtorch, using it to mold the pole to its base to make it stay still without any of our support.

''Oh, that also works.'' I mumble out, watching the Nindroid do his task.

''I just feel so, I don't know, limited. And thanks to the Devourer, our tank's out of commission, our Dragon's hurt, and now that the Bounty is destroyed, we don't even have a place to sleep.'' He continues to rant, walking back and forth.

''No one ever said, being a hero is easy.'' Zane starts while turning his head in the direction of the hothead. ''Though our good deeds may never make us rich, they make us rich in other ways.'' He finishes while gesticulating with his free hand as we let go of the metallic lever that relates to a sign.

''Yeah, well, I don't feel rich.'' He mutters, his brows furrowed.

Jay walks a little to the side, picking up a television box. You know, like the old ones? And I'm talking about the old OLD ones.

''Unh. I for one enjoy pitching in. I've always wanted to feel part of a community.'' My brother speaks up, throwing the TV in a trash can. He brushes the dust off his hands before looking around. ''Ah, speaking of which, anyone seen Nya? She said she was gonna help.''

A sound of a motorcycle makes itself known as a voice follows right after. ''And I have. I may have found us a place to live!'' Nya exclaims, parking herself right in front of us with a sort of paper in her hand.

''Really? But there's a waiting list a mile long to live in Ninjago City. How did you do that?'' Jay interrogates, raising an eyebrow.

''I know a guy, who knows a girl, and she knows this girl who knows a guy. Well, this guy knows a girl who's a real estate agent, and she can help you find a place, if you catch my drift.'' She explains as the Sensei who is sitting right next to her in a passenger addition sips a cup of tea.

I'll be honest, she completely lost me. I blink twice before I exchange glances with Kai and Cole, who also share my confusion. Nya passes the paper to Jay, who grabs it without hesitation.

''And where are you off to?'' My brother asks, genuinely curious.

''We have to find a couple of components to fix the Ninja Tank, and my Dragon Ointment has finally arrived. It's a day's trip, but once we get back, he'll be flying once again.'' Wu answers, a small excited beam growing on his lips. ''Also, I love scenic drives. Ha-ha! Punch it, Nya!''

''Ay, ay, Sensei!'' She replies, her head turned to the sage man before driving away.

I hear a small 'Yee-haw!' coming from Sensei. I stare along with the others at the two of them who are diving away. I trail my eyes down to my brother, who is reading the words inked on the small form.

''Patty Keys, Real Estate Queen.'' He reads out loud. ''Ha! This is exactly what we need! Once we get a roof over our head, we can start properly training Lloyd!''

''Good, 'cause if we know Lord Garmadon, he's not going to be taking any breaks. And let's not forget, the Serpentine are still at large.'' Cole tells as he faces all of us.

''Yeah, that's is great and all, but we still need to make sure that where we'll be training Lloyd won't be a place that looks like a massive dump.'' I speak up while crossing my arms.

Jay throws an arm on my left shoulder, transferring his body weight on that side. ''Relax, I am pretty sure that it won't be the case.'' He says, trying to stay optimistic.

''Jay, I think you must have forgotten that our budget is very low. With that much money, it is most possible that we get what Moki calls a «place that looks like a massive dump».'' Zane resonates, turning his head to my brother.

Thank you, Zane.

''Guess we will see when that Patty Key will show us our options.'' Kai adds, snatching the sheet from my brother.

''Hey!'' Jay protests while trying to gain the paper back.

''Do we even have a way to contact her?'' Cole asks, crossing his arms over his chest.

The hothead flips the small form the other side, his brows lifting them up. ''There's a phone number in the back.''

''Great, so we do have a way now.'' I mumble while my gaze trails at my brother who is still leaning against my shoulder.

I walk up a corridor along with the others as we follow the estate agent to what she called a small cozy dream. Patty Key stops right in front of a wooden door, we get right behind her, not knowing if we should be ready to be disappointed or excited. In my case, neither of them. And my opinion stands based on the outside of the building, that is honestly not that bad, but the corridor we just walked through was sombre and a little messy. The woman opens the door, revealing a tiny room — which to my surprise wasn't as bad as I thought. Sure, maybe some cleaning could be used.

''This one bedroom, one half bath is a cozy dream! Who needs extras when everything is in arm's reach?'' The stylish woman starts, pointing at some part of the apartment before turning her head to us. ''Now, wait until you see the lighting!'' She exclaims before flipping the light switch on.

The single lightbulb in the chamber falls straight to the floor right after she turned it on — leaving a high-pitched breaking glass sound. I wince at the sound, furrowing my brows.

''Oof.'' I mumble out right next to Cole.

He nods, repeating. ''Agreed — Oof.''

''Uh, who needs lights when you have this view?'' She questions while walking toward what seems to be the only window in the apartment. She opens the curtains, revealing just a wall of brick. Her expression drops.

Patty did look like a chic estate agent. Her black hair pulled up in a ponytail accompanied with a side bang reflected a dark blue glow. A light pink shirt that hugged her waist perfectly with some light grey jeans as she also wore a pair of high heels that gave her a good three centimeters taller than me — remove them and I am pretty sure that she is smaller than me. A white pearl necklace wrapped around her neck. The color matched with her heels.

She has a great posture as she tries to remain professional, putting all of her efforts to sell this apartment that looks sort of alright. I mean, it's better than I thought it would look like, but the scent of this place is questioning

''Uh, why do I smell old people?'' Lloyd quizzes, his face growing in disgust.

Patty turns around with a frown on her face. ''Look, doll, I'm trying to work around your budget. This is all you can afford.'' She slightly snaps, being a little irritated.

We enter the apartment, looking around. I notice Cole's bushy brows furrowing. ''Uh, this looks.. Promising.'' He tells us before turning to us. ''Remember, guys, Sensei told us our main objective is to train Lloyd, not kick our feet up in some swanky suite.'' Thank you, Cole. ''If this is all we can afford, this is all we can afford.''

''Whoa, whoa, whoa!'' Jay speaks up, shaking his hands back and forth — mimicking like a stop sign. ''Let's not rush into any decision. I mean, if it's really all about Lloyd, don't we need to live some place that'll make training easier?''

''Yeah, Jay's right. If we have to get Lloyd ready to save Ninjago from his father, shouldn't he at least have his own room?'' Kai questions while pointing at the small blonde.

''Technically, that does not matter, he only–'' Zane begins, but gets cut off by the hothead's elbow in the rib.

''We're only thinking about the children. Ha-ha.'' My brother adds, rotating to the estate agent — making me facepalm.

''I do have another property that you'll just love!'' Patty speaks up, singing the last word of her sentence.

We follow the woman out of the apartment, the small kid being right next to me with our pinky fingers intertwined — which has become a small habit of ours. I think he finds some sense of comfort with this sort of physical contact. We walk down about five blocks to where all the expensive and nice apartments are. Oh no, this doesn't seem good. We go up the elevator to the penthouse. The door slides open, revealing a huge apartment.

''Woah!'' We all, except Patty, exclaim in awe.

''Oh, man.''

It is actually really nice, way nicer than the previous apartment. But that also means that it would be WAY more expensive than the small «cozy dream» dump.

''Now, this is the nine-bedroom Hero Suite! Floor to ceiling windows, digital wall television, state-of-the-art game console–'' The chic woman begins to present, her hands on her hips as she has a huge beam on her face.

''Uh, it seems a little out of our price range.'' Cole quickly retorts, peeking his head out.

The estate agent turns her head to him. ''Oh, sure it costs a little more, but you deserve it. I forgot to mention, there's also a dragon keep on the roof.''

How in the First Spinjitzu Master–

''Nice!'' My brother hypes up. ''Maybe we can get a hero discount. After all, we are the Ninja who saved the city.'' He tries to negotiate as we walk inside the main room.

''I thought Lord Garmadon saved the city?'' She retorts, raising a brow.

I let go of Lloyd and I's grip, stepping in. ''He only was able to save the city because of us. If we didn't get the Great Devourer stuck, unable to move. Garmadon would have never been able to reach the weak spot on its forehead and save Ninjago City.''

Her gaze flickers up and down, analyzing me. A small smile curving her lips before she speaks up. ''And what were you doing to help?''

I slightly frown my brows. ''What were you doing to help?'' I repeat, placing my hands on my hips.

Cole grabs my arm and slightly tugs the fabric of my sleeve, gesturing me to back away. I take a few steps backward, poking my tongue against the inside of my cheek. Jay crosses his arms and lets out a small hum, irritated.

''We could get day jobs to pay the extra expenses.'' Kai suggests, gesticulating with his hand.

''We always said we could use a little more responsibility.'' The tall bleach blonde speaks up.

''Hello? We have someone to train here.'' I remind them, pointing my free hand at Lloyd as Cole still has a grasp on the sleeve of my gi.

''Did I mention the in-house training facility?'' Patty asks, pushing a tiny button that slides a wooden door open, revealing a room full of requirements with training equipment.

''We'll take it!'' The guys shout.

''Wonderful! You have a two weeks free of staying here before your rent is due!'' She exclaims, slowly making her way back to the elevator. ''I'll send you a document with more information and the price of your rent!''

The elevator doors open, Patty goes inside the box before the doors close again. And there she was, now gone.

I snap my head at the boys, now facing them. I shoot them a «are you serious?» glare. They don't even notice my piercing gaze, which makes me give up.

I got a feeling that this isn't going to end well.

I let myself fall backwards on the sofa, letting out a small groan. I am completely tired.

It had only been almost a whole two weeks since we all applied to some part-time jobs. Kai has been working at birthday parties, Cole has been stopping the bank from being robbed, Jay delivers pizzas, and Zane works as a chef at some sushi restaurant.

And what is my job? Being a servant in a Café where honestly it wouldn't have been half as bad if the customers were nice and polite there. I am surprised at myself that I didn't lash out yet, but it's the only job available that I could get.

I notice Cole placing his feet in a small tray that is filled with water and ice cubes. ''My feet.. I can't feel my feet.''

Kai sits down at the end of the sofa where my feet and the end of my legs. I observe the traces of dirt all over his body, even his face.

''Well, don't you look charming.'' I comment as a small grin appears on my face.

He shoots me an unamused glare. ''There was so many of them. And they wouldn't stop.'' Kai complains while resting on the couch.

''My gears locked up several times. I didn't even know my gears could lock up.'' Zane says while he was oiling his arm to loosen it up.

''I don't even have enough energy to play video games.'' Jay groans while trying to grab a game controller but drops dead like a fly.

I observe Lloyd coming from the training room. ''But I thought you were going to train me when you got home.''

That is exactly what I feared — not having much energy left to train him. I am so sorry, Lloyd, I would help you if I could, but I am exhausted.

''Sorry, champ, but we can't until we make rent.'' Cole apologizes to the small blonde. ''How close are we, Jay?''

Jay sighs. ''Is this jar getting bigger? We're not even close.'' Jay says while shaking the jar of coins.

''And our rent is due tomorrow.'' Zane adds on.

''I can pull a double shift.'' Cole suggests.

''And I can do overtime.'' Zane continues.

''Maybe I can sling a few more pizza pies!'' Jay exclaims while getting back up on his feet.

''I guess I can also do a double shift.'' I speak up.

''And I can make a little extra if I do the human piñata..'' Kay blurts out, making all of us look at him in concern and confusion. ''Ugh, don't ask.''

''Great, then our priorities are set. Tomorrow.. We make rent!'' Cole exclaims, making the plan sound set and sound.

''And, uh, what about me?'' Lloyd quizzes while pointing at himself.

''How about you help out and fetch me some more ice, huh?'' The ravenette offers with a small grin on his face — leaving Lloyd with a not-so-happy expression on his face.

The small boy walks out to get some ice. I sit up from the sofa, turning my head toward the others. ''You know, maybe it was a bad idea to get this place. I mean, we can't even do our main concern and that is to train Lloyd.''

''Relax. Once we'll pay rent, we'll be able to give all of our time on him.'' My brother tries to reassure me, earning a small sigh from me.

Early morning comes real fast. I slowly open my eyes, seeing the rays of the sun go through the huge windows. I lift my head a little, seeing the sun starting to rise. I throw my face back into the pillow, letting out a sleepy groan.

I sit up from my bed, rubbing my eyes. I move my legs to the edge of the mattress before standing up on my feet. I sigh, stretching my arms before grabbing a messy pile of clothes that is my so-called uniform, which the fabric against my skin is really surprisingly pleasant to wear.

I quickly change from my pajamas and get into my uniform. Loose black pants with black button up shirt — where the sleeves weren't long, but weren't short. I grab the sage green apron that is part of my uniform and wear it. I could have just put it on later when I got to the restaurant.

I head toward the nightstand right next to my bed. Grabbing an elastic band, I move my hands up, getting a fistful of hair before pulling it into a ponytail. My hair reaches my shoulders, so the ponytail is kinda short.

I walk out of my room, quickly getting something to eat in the kitchen. I grab an apple and place it in my mouth, my teeth sink into the fruit, holding it. I walk at a fast pace in front of the elevator. I grab my purple converses and put them on.

I get in the elevator, pushing the metal button with a «1» on it. The box lowers until I reach the ground floor. The door slides open. I run straight outside before turning to my right. While dashing, I earn several glances from civilians, but I quickly shake it off and decide not to pay much attention to it. I stop near a traffic light, waiting to cross the other way of the road. I grab the apple out of my mouth and begin to take some bites.

I tap my foot against the ground of the sidewalk while chewing on the apple. Once the cars stop, I make my way over the other side of the road. I continue to sprint until I reach the place I work in. The fruit I have in my hand, now being as thin as a cotton swab. I find a nearby trash can and throw the remains of the apple. I dry my fingers with the apron I have on.

I flicker my eyes at the building, observing its features even if I have seen them dozens of times. The black metal pillars separating each floor to ceiling windows that gave any customers a glimpse of the pastries and sweets they have. I sigh before pushing the door that has the same color as the pillars open.

I enter — a bell sound emerging from it as I do so — and trail my gaze around. The dark wooden floor being as clean as usual, not a single speck of dust. The warm glow that emerges from the lights that are pending from the ceiling. The columns from outside also repeat the same pattern inside. The walls were a pitch black color as some separations were made out of faded red bricks.

I go over the counter, being greeted by a red haired girl, as usual.

The gal lies her elbow on the flat surface, resting her head on the palm of her hand as her attention is now on me. ''Oh, hey Mox!''

The name of the girl who is addressing me is Audrey. She stares at me with her wide ocean blue eyes. A huge beam installs itself on her face, slightly tilting her freckled cheeks upwards.

''Oh, hey Audrey.'' I reply, raising my hand to wave it at her.

''How have you been, cutie?'' She asks while removing her elbow from the counter, getting back on a proper posture.

I trail my eyes up at the girl whose height is a head more than me. She had the typical uniform on, of course. ''I've been alright, but a few more hours of sleep could have been great. How about you?''

''Just like as usual.'' She answers with a shrug. ''You came early today. I heard that you were doing a double shift.''

I join her behind the counter before placing a hand on the flat surface, leaning my weight on it as I place my other hand on my hip. ''Oh, yeah. I am.''

She looks down at me, raising a brow. ''Is there any particular reason?''

''Uh, just thought about making some extra money, you know?'' I force a smile, which she doesn't seem to notice.

Audrey starts to blabber about something since there still has some time left before the opening of the small Café. My attention gets caught at something else or rather someone else. A smaller figure is leaning against a farther counter while being on their phone. Their greenish eyes focused on the device they are holding — some strands of their short brown colored hair getting right in front of their eyes, but they don't seem to mind. Uh, I never saw them before. Are they new here?

My focus goes back to Audrey once she snaps her fingers near my face, startling me. Her face has a slight questioning look as a frown appears.

''You good?'' She interrogates, crossing her arms.

''Oh, yeah! I just zoned out, sorry.'' I quickly apologize, standing back up properly.

The gal chuckles. ''Oh, no, it's fine! I'll go and open the Café.'' She tells me while heading to the door.

''What? Already?'' I ask, lifting an eyebrow.

''Yeah, you zoned out for quite some time.'' She answers, a smirk still plastered on her face.

That felt like just a few seconds though.

Audrey opens the bistro then comes back right after. I tap my fingers against the flat surface, awaiting for the customers to enter. I hear the sound of a bell, the ringing noise waving in my ears. I turn my head, being ready to greet what I thought would be a customer, but the person I see is the manager of the shop.

The faint wrinkles on the male's face and the black hair graying more and more each day gave away an estimation of his age, being around his middle or late forties. The expression on his face was the same as usual, unpleased and seemingly tired.

The man that owns this store had something against me, not knowing what it was and also not knowing how I got accepted here. So I'm not going to question it and just be grateful that I even got this job.

I continue to tap my fingers on the flat surface, frowning ever so slightly as the male passes right in front of the counter. He shoots me a glare before getting in the back. I let out a small puff, letting my shoulders drop.

Soon enough, the Café swells in customers — which quickly overwhelms us, the waiters.

I make my way to the cappuccino machine after receiving the request of a client. I grab a metallic kettle with some cream inside and try to make a copy of a small plant. Once done, I carefully lift the cup up and start to make my way towards the desired table that ordered the drink.

My eyes scan the lady that is sitting at the table. She looked like she was in her middle thirties. Her dark blonde hair was placed in a long braid, which was perfectly made, not one strand of hair spiking out of it. She was dressed nicely, very chic. The expression on her face was neutral as her eyes wandered around. She glances at me, quickly realizing that I was making my way to her with the drink she wanted. The slightest of smiles curving upward on her lips. I stop right beside the round table and place down the cup in the most cautious way possible.

''Thank you, sweetheart.'' The woman says, causing a beam to form on my face.

I give her a slight nod before turning my head around. I notice at a banquet table, three girls. Two of them held a small conversation as the other one that isn't sharing the bench glances at her surroundings, clearly trying to find something or someone.

At a fast pace, I walk up to them, grabbing a tiny flip note out of my apron's front pocket.

They all looked around my age and mirrored the exact stereotype of this trio of popular girls that would normally think that they're superior to others, but looks don't define someone.

The three gals all had different hair colors. The loner's hair was pitch black, placed in a messy bun — her brown eyes trailing up to me. One of the girls, across from the loner, had warm curly ginger hair as for the other one, had silky dark brown — which hadn't noticed me yet unlike the ravenette.

Once I arrive at their table, I put an enthusiastic expression on my face. ''Greetings! Have you all gotten your orders taken?''

The two gals that didn't realize my presence until now bounce a little from their seats, startled. The dark-haired girl trails her gaze up and down to me, a brow raising.

''Not yet.'' She speaks up after analyzing me.

''Okay, may I get your orders?'' I question while grabbing the pen in the small front pocket of my apron.

''Oh, I'll take a small strawberry refresher!'' The redhead requests, her emerald eyes flickering to my face as I write her desired drink down.

''I'll just have a small cup of green tea with a brownie.'' The brunette adds while readjusting her glasses.

''And for you?'' I ask the last gal once I finish writing the second girl's order.

''I'll just have the same as Emily, but with a blueberry muffin.'' She responds, her haze wandering away.

I stare at her, lifting an eyebrow. ''Uh, who?''

The ravenette shoots her glare back at me, seemingly annoyed. ''Ugh. Her.'' She points at the ginger. ''Can't seem to even do your job right.''

''Woah, okay, sorry for not knowing your friend's name as I never met any of you.'' I grumble in a low tone, writing the order down.

''What was that?''

''Nothing to worry about.'' I answer with a forced smile. ''Alright ladies, I'll go and get you your drinks and treats right away!''

I quickly make my way to the back of the main counter — letting out a small sigh. I place the flip note and pen back in my front pocket. I grab a tray and start to fill it with the easiest things to start with, such as the blueberry muffin and the brownie. I then make the green tea first before finishing with the two refreshers — both strawberries flavored.

While making those drinks, I feel a small nudge on my shoulder. I trail my glare beside me, seeing Audrey right there with a playful smirk on her face.

''What?''

''Nothing, just thought that I could snuck by and say a little hello to you.'' She replies. I give her a slight grin at her remark before putting my concentration back on the refreshers. ''You should smile more, it suits you way more than that little frown you had on your face.''

''If I didn't know any better, I'd think that you are flirting with me.'' I chuckle ever so slightly as I finally finish the drinks.

''Sorry to murder your hopes, sweetheart, but I'm a little too old for you.'' She says while crossing her arms as I place the cups on the plate.

''You're only two years older than me.'' I retort, grabbing the tray before turning my head toward her direction. ''Plus I'm not interested in you.''

''Ow, my ego.'' She fakes pout, smacking her hand on her heart.

I roll my eyes in a playful manner before heading back towards the table of the three girls.

As I approach the girls' table, balancing the tray of drinks and treats, I put on my most professional smile. ''Here are your orders, ladies. One small strawberry refresher, a cup of green tea with a brownie, and another small strawberry refresher with a blueberry muffin.''

The redhead, Emily, gives me a friendly smile and thanks me for her strawberry refresher. The brunette with glasses nods in acknowledgment as she receives her green tea and brownie. However, the ravenette continues to give me a cold stare, seemingly unimpressed with my service.

Once I hand the drink out for the ravenette to take, she purposefully spills the cup — the liquid splashes on my apron. I curse under my breath, being taken by surprise. The culprit lets out a small gasp, which obviously sounded fake, before starting to blame me for not serving it properly.

I flicker my gaze at her friends, who both seemed to be embarrassed by the attitude of the other gal. I snap my head back at the overreacting girl, her glare fuming with anger and somehow satisfaction.

I sigh and apologize, offering to remake the order, but she decides to not even hear my suggestion. She begins to throw insults at me, drawing all of the attention to her and I. The feeling of dozens of pairs of eyes on me sends a shiver down my spine — anyone with a decent view could see that I am getting extremely uncomfortable.

Just then, the manager, the same man who had shot me that glare earlier, rushes over the scene — causing a tiny sparkle to appear in the eyes of the ravenette.

''Woah. What is happening?'' The manager steps in, going beside the female who's sat.

The ravenette doesn't waste a second to play the victim. She dramatically points at me, her voice quivering with faux indignation. ''This waitress here spilled my drink all over me!''

Not only as the splashed drink didn't even touch a single stand of her hair, she keeps pleading false accusations. The gaze

I frown, quickly getting fed up. ''Really now? Because by the looks of it, you don't have a single drop on you while my apron's soaked.''

The manager squints at the ravenette, then looks at my soaked apron. He seems to be assessing the situation carefully. I can feel my heart pounding in my chest as I await his response.

After a tense moment of silence, he turns to me with a stern expression. ''Moki, this isn't the first time we've had complaints about your attitude and service. We can't have incidents like this happening in our café.''

''I beg your pardon? I have done nothing than do my absolute best and being polite to all the customers, even the ones with her kind of attitude.'' I retort while pointing at the fake victim, whose eyes widen.

The man frowns. ''It's not only that. Ever since I hired you, the reputation of the café has been dying down. Your presence is slowly killing this business.''

''That's it? I acknowledge my low reputation. I live with discrimination most days because people think that I am a bad person. Fear is what makes them leave those false comments about me. I have done absolutely nothing wrong.'' I argue, my tone being on the urge to raise and make me explode as I feel my blood boil.

''That's not true, dad! I demand that she be fired for her incompetence!'' The girl whines, having a fake pout on her face.

«Dad?»

The male's eyes flicker between my shocked expression due to the revelation and his daughter. ''My little girl wouldn't lie to me like that.'' He mumbles, placing a hand on the girl's shoulder. ''It was a pure mistake to hire you. You are fired.''

I stare at the manager, my eyes trailing down at the ravenette then back at him. ''Yeah. I see the similarity now. Like father, like daughter.'' I pause my glimpse at the girl with crossed arms and a huge grin on her face. ''Goodjob. You must be really proud of yourself.''

I untie my apron, throwing it on the ground before turning on my heels and walking towards the door. In the corner of my eye, I notice Audrey mouthing an apology to me. I give her a soft smile before proceeding to exit the place. I let a small breath out and start to head back to the penthouse.

Am I sad? Not in the slightest — I think. I knew it would happen sooner or later. Am I upset? A little, I couldn't do my part and help with the rent that is due today. I wonder if the guys will be furious or not once they come back from their jobs. But hey, on the good side, I get to train Lloyd! Tho, a quick shower first wouldn't be too bad as I smell like sugar and strawberry.

When I arrive at the tall building, I get in the elevator, pushing the metal button with the number of the level of our so-called home. When the door slides open, I observe the living room, where the small blonde gets revealed.

His face grows in confusion as he remarks my annoyed expression. ''Why are you here earlier than usual?''

''I got fired.'' I respond, walking out of the elevator.

''Why?''

''False accusations.''

His face lights up as an idea pops up in his mind. ''Does that mean you'll be able to train me?!'' He asks excitedly, bouncing up and down.

A beam creeps up my face. ''You got it.''

His nose sniffs two times, his face becoming slightly surprised. ''Why do you smell like sugar and strawberries?''

''Don't worry about that. I'll get a quick shower then we can get straight at your training.'' I reply, ruffling his hair.

''Hey!''

I chuckle before making my way to my room, where a bathroom was also attached

I wrap a towel around my head, shaking it with the help of my hands to dry it. After some time, I remove the towel before changing into, not my gi, but some comfortable clothes that still give a lot of flexibility.

I walk out the bathroom before heading to the living room. My ears pick up a familiar voice screaming. I feel like my heart is about to burst out of my chest. I hear a hissing sound that follows the yelp. I dash my way to the living room — seeing Lloyd banging on the door of the elevator in panic.

''What is hap–''

The sound of a glass shattering on the floor diverts my curiosity. I trail my gaze to the side, seeing the general of the Hypnobrai standing — Skales. He seems to not have noticed me yet.

I look around, searching for any kind of potential weapon that I could use, but no luck. I sprint towards Lloyd, placing myself just in front of him as I open my arms, defending him. I feel his hands clenching my clothes, peeking his head out from behind me.

The serpent stops moving, his face growing in confusion — there was something that he didn't catch on — probably didn't expect my presence. ''The girl ninja? Well that is an unpleasant surprise.''

''I could say the same.'' I retort, my arms still protecting the small blonde behind. ''I suggest you to back away before I go on and kick your ass.''

The snake sneers before continuing to creep up to us. ''You don't scare me, little girl.''

Again with the little girl thing.

''What do you want with me?'' Lloyd questions as I feel his hands shake.

''You seem to be the only thing your father cares about.'' Skales start his speech while Lloyd removes a hand from his grip and presses the buttons on the key lock. ''But with you as my hostage, he'll have no other choice, but to let me lead the Serpentine.''

''Lloyd, let go of me.'' I tell the blondie behind me while my eyes are fixated on the Serpentine in front of us.

The Hypnobrai now being a few inches from us, I swing my leg to him, who dodges with ease. The small boy lets go completely of his grip on my clothes.

I take several steps forward as the serpent crawls back. He wanders his gaze in a direction, his eyes capturing something. With the help of his tail, he grabs a random vase with a soft pink flower on it to decorate the vessel. He throws the bowl at me. I tilt on the side, avoiding the launched object as my eyes trace the track of it. A crashing sound follows while Lloyd still tries to open the elevator.

I feel something enveloping me. I look down, only to see a blue scaled tail wrapped around my body to my mouth, making me unable to scream or to say anything.

''Foolish girl. Did you really think you could beat me?'' He mocks before turning his focus back on Lloyd. ''Let's train.''

''Hello? What's going on in there?'' I hear Sensei's voice through the doors of the elevator.

''Help!'' Lloyd shouts.

Skales' head snaps up, his grip on me loosening. I manage to open my mouth and bite his tail, which causes a small screech to come out of him. He throws me on the ground as he shakes his tail.

While I'm on the ground, the snake tries to hit me with his staff as I just back away, dodging his attacks. I place my hand in a specific position, which makes me able to get a better stability and to apply some force. I use my feet to lift my body slightly up before bending my knees a little and push myself to do a knee walkover, my foot hitting the serpent in the jaw. I get back on my feet right after, a small smile curving my lips.

''How's that for a foolish girl?'' I quiz, mocking him back.

The elevator doors open, revealing Wu and Nya. Skales's eyes widen in fear, he quickly slithers away faster than a mouse running from a cat. And in a blink of an eye, he was gone.

Coward.

''What happened here? Are you both okay?'' Nya rushes over Lloyd as Sensei does the same.

''Skales tried to kidnap me!'' Lloyd briefly explains, his shoulders dropping.

''Yeah, you two arrived at the best of times.'' I add while crossing my arms.

''Was it my brother's idea?'' Master Wu interrogates while glaring at his nephew as Nya swings her gaze at me.

I shake my head, ''No, it was all Skales. He wanted little blondie there to reunite the Serpentine back as apparently Garmadon has taken control over their goons.'' I explain ever so slightly, gesticulating with a hand.

''If it wasn't for Moki being here, I would have already been taken away.'' The boy tells them, turning his head to me and giving me a small smile, which I happily return.

Sensei turns his gaze to me. ''Thank you, Moki, for protecting him.''

I give him a single nod. ''My pleasure. Ain't no one getting their hands on him without having to fight me before.''

''What about we teach the ninja a little lesson when they get home?'' Sensei chuckles before continuing. ''How good are you all at hiding?''

''Lloyd?'' Cole calls out, probably looking around.

Lloyd, Sensei, Nya and I all hid behind a closet door. We were all listening to whatever was happening as I held back a chuckle to escape my lips.

''He's not here.'' Zane declares.

I can hear their footsteps adventuring the living room, where we had a little fun moving some furniture as if there had been a huge fight that happened.

''Oh, we shouldn't have left him.'' Kai grumbles in a disappointed tone.

A small gasp emerges from my brother, which catches my attention. He must have found the small surprise I left on the floor. I thought it would be slightly more amusing to just leave the hood of my gi on the floor.

''What? What is it?'' Cole quizzes, his tone slightly worried.

''Is that Moki's hood?'' Kai interjects.

Well no shit! Amazing sense of observation, Kai.

''It appears to be indeed hers.'' Zane responds.

''Oh no, my sister has also been kidnapped!'' My brother immediately jumps into conclusions, completely freaking out.

''What?!'' Cole's voice resonates, which slightly takes me by surprise. ''We have to get her and Lloyd back!''

''I'm with Cole with this one, we need to get them back!'' Jay agrees with the ravenette's words.

''How? We don't even know where they are now.'' The hothead interrupts.

''We shouldn't have taken those jobs in the first place. What were we thinking?'' Cole replies, sounding sulky. ''Losing Nyx and Lloyd is by far our greatest loss.''

Sensei Wu signals us to exit our hiding spot. We nod and get out, revealing ourselves as they don't immediately notice our presence as their heads are dropped to the floor, all looking defeated.

''But it could be your greatest lesson.'' The sage man speaks up while we walk in front of the entry.

They all snap their heads up and turn around, their gaze meeting with ours. Their faces all switch to a relieved and happy expression.

''Lloyd! Moki!'' The guys all exclaim while dashing towards us.

The face of the blondie next to me remained unamused, still processing what happened. Jay launches himself at me, wrapping his arms and pulling me into a tight embrace. I return the hug as he lies his head on my shoulder while I tilt mine to rest it on his.

''You're both okay!'' Kai shouts with a relieved smile on his face.

''I wasn't going to be, until Moki appeared and fought to protect me. Then, Nya and Sensei showed up at the last moment.'' Lloyd explains, pointing at me then at his uncle and the black haired girl besides him.

''I go away for a day, and everything falls apart!'' Nya says, placing a hand on her hip.

''I guess you can say we learned we don't need all the fancy stuff, we just need each other.'' Kai quotes, stepping a little more forward as Jay pulls away from the hug.

''You want us to help you clean up?'' Sensei asks.

''Well, we are a team.'' He returns, a smirk still visible on his face.

''Nya, I think it's time for another road trip.'' The sage man tells Nya.

''Hold on, I got a better idea.'' Cole speaks up while averting his gaze to me.

Oh, I know exactly what he is thinking.

We moved our stuff out of the penthouse and into the small old apartment. I helped carry some furniture and necessities in.

''It's not much, but this one bedroom, one half bath is a cozy dream.'' The ravenette copies Patty Keys. ''Who needs extras when everything is in arm's reach?''

''Please, never, ever, quote that woman again.'' I reply, sending a small glare.

He just gives me a small smile and scratches the back of his neck.

Lloyd, who was carrying a big table and couldn't see where he was going, hit my brother's elbow by accident which causes him to drop the big box and land on Kai's toe. Kai whimpers and then screams in agony. Oof, that gotta hurt. I'm sure it wasn't the first and it definitely won't be the last.

Jay laughs nervously. ''Feels like home to me.'' He turns his head to us. ''Hey, at least we get to stay in Ninjago City for a little while.''

''And now without the distractions, we can put all of our energy into training Lloyd.'' Zane implies before getting bumped by Lloyd.

''Who's there?'' The kid asks, trying to get a peek.

Zane goes and helps him with the table that the boy has trouble lifting.

''I know the Serpentine Generals got away, but you never told us– whatever happened to Skales?'' Kai questions, furrowing his brows.

''Oh, he found a home too, but it's not quite as roomy as here.'' Master Wu chuckles, sending me a small glare.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 74 6
This is no longer active. Please enjoy if you do read. The only things that will be posted are works that I have finished but have no purpose for any...
9.6K 339 11
โ๐˜ ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ. ๐˜ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ'๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ... ๐˜–๐˜ฏ๐˜ญ๐˜บ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ.โž
6.1K 149 13
๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜จ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต-๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ-๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต: ๐˜ด๐˜บ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฐ๐˜ญ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฃ๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ค๐˜ฆ, ๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ถ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ, ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ โ€ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฃ๐˜ช๐˜ข (๐˜ฏ.)...
Realmfall By

Fanfiction

2.8K 161 26
It was three months later when everything got turned on its head. Now there are rifts appearing out of nowhere, her portal is destroyed, and her brot...