Error wanted rest! Not be a I...

By Nightstar246

Error jumps in the void. He thought hurray rest, freedom, and a big middle finger to Fate. But nope instead h... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131
Chapter 132
Chapter 133
Chapter 134
Chapter 135
Chapter 136
Chapter 137
Chapter 138
Chapter 139
Chapter 140
Chapter 141
Chapter 142
Chapter 143
Chapter 144
Chapter 145
Chapter 146
Chapter 147
Chapter 148
Chapter 149
Chapter 150
Chapter 151
Chapter 152
Chapter 153
Chapter 154
Chapter 155
Chapter 156
Chapter 157
Chapter 158
Chapter 159
Chapter 160
Chapter 161
Chapter 162

Chapter 20

708 58 47
By Nightstar246

Chapter 20

Another one for you!

Warning: OOC, random craziness, Error past dark abuse, many other troubles if mention, cursing, killing, dark themes, racism mention, stuff children/teen shouldn't do, profanity, self-harm, suicidal moments, cheating, sexual moments mentioned, violence, smoking, drugs, alcohol, guns mention, animal death, cringe, bullying, yandere, possible musical/singing moments and bad flirts.

Error/Moxxie speaking

Voices/flashback/Text

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Puppet was just floating, writing in their notebook and just relaxing.

Look at the last four visits coming into space. They have been on an animal planet. Sure, he'll admit the planet was nice. Prefer staying when it night time.

Just getting away from the animals was challenging. On the ground and in space.

That sheep was a backstabber. This was its plan after all. Why couldn't the hybrid deer, dragon beast not eat them instead? Or tear them apart?

Nope, instead each visit became a 'babysitter' for the 'sweet', innocent cotton balls of different shapes, sizes and species.

Maria still laughing her ass off any time he tells him what happen. How he getting jump. The parents being lazy and just chill in the background. Sure! Let's leave the innocent souls to the one who would have no trouble ripping them apart!

Yet, they still put a bloody check on the 'map'. Only, because he wants to keep a look out for these poison stars. Able to actually heal the last one after a while. Along with also any annoying bugs on the way too.

So, far found like ten stars.

Bugs just two.

Really hate that the CHECK taunting them about that.

Besides that, they have been busy with their life. This whole school year in general has been exhausting in many ways. The school work wasn't but avoiding the bullying was getting tiring. Good thing he is a good dodger, hider or use distractions to get out of situations. But there have been a few close calls. Besides being shoved against a locker. Then another time during PE, which they excused themselves, to be target for dodgeball. Dodge the balls a lot just annoying to be the one they always try to target.

Those few close calls were moments to ready to break a wrist. Just were bad days for Moxxie. To just be left alone now or else he might do something he'll regret. Even throw a stupid ball to knock someone out. Hopefully it just knocks and not breaks something.

Things back at home are fine. But then he notices how Madre was just very quiet. Sad. Would see her look through old photo albums. During those times she will take care of the home, chores so she wouldn't worry about it. Will just sit with her to just be held as he listens to stories from their past. Good stories. Even current ones with him, Striker. Got her to laugh when he hissed at a photo of a younger him with Striker.

It was worth it.

Striker did call here and there. It was random a week but a call none the less. He has been busy, which was good. Talk about anything like happen at the stables or random job to do some farm work. How Bombproof grown. Bought themselves some new guns. Small metal craft work able to sell. Even random talk about a gal or guy some guy he charmed their pants off. That Moxxie didn't focus too much to listen unless to throw out a jab.

It was good to hear them talk back. Of, course neither of the two knows when to stop so the other can have the last word.

So, today I was just supposed to relax. Watch space. Go back home later to check on some traps. That it.

What wasn't in his plan was to hear a child crying.

Glance down below to see a small gray-purple moon.

Wait, was that a Frogmouth?

"Daddy! Daddy!" Octavia crying her little heart out.

The little princess just wanted to use the book to see the pretty stars. Saw her Daddy use the book plenty of times. She would ask again and again if she could be taught how to use it. She loves it when her father uses magic even with the book. Got to always come in space. She wanted to do that so badly. He would always chuckle along with telling her when she is older.

How much older does she need to be? She would hear how Daddy learned magic when he was younger than her. Even her own Uncle Andre was trained early. Then when her Mom would bring her to hose boring parties. Would hear the other kids talk about magic lessons. Or even a weapon. Octavia would lie, well not all lies, how she just visually learning right now with a book. Anything to dodge the question.

So, she knew daddy would be busy in the garden. Mom wouldn't be at home as she was going out. Didn't like it when she goes out a lot. Wish she would go out again with them to fun places.

Not Loo Loo Land.

Sneak into her father's office to find the grimoire. She found it but had to move the chair to get it. Along with a stack of a book to grab it. It was very big. It did fall off the shelf to land on the ground. Worry at that point if anyone heard. But nobody rushes in her father's office.

After that it was flipping pages. After pages till she found it. She thinks she found it. The words and drawings were always hard to understand. She tries to say the words but nothing. Touch the book to say it but nothing. Slap the page but still nothing. She then started to get teary up, her eyes began to glow white with a hint of purple then smacked the book again. "I just want to see the stars and show Daddy!"

Well, a portal indeed opens up below her. Drop to the ground at a familiar sight of space. She was very happy at the beginning. She did it! She opens a portal to space.

Then the portal close above.

The terror then settled in soon. Try to be brave first. Remember the words in her head. Then she started to cry her heart out as she was alone out there. Curled up against rock. Calling for her Daddy to get her. She wants to go home.

"You're a little one?"

The little owlets stop crying to hear a new voice. Look up to see this masked figure floating above her.

"How you get here?" Moxxie muttered to themselves. Look at the gray feathered child. The watery pink eyes. "You look like Frogmouth? Only he is taller. Red eyes. Wear this top hat- "

"Y-You know m-my daddy?" She sniffs as if she was scared. She can remember a few times going into space but never saw anyone else. It was always her and Daddy. Watch them pull out something from their coat. A notebook. Pull the pencil out to see them do something. Till coming down closer.

"Does he look like this?" It wasn't a great version of the owl. But it should be recognizable enough. "It's Stolas right?"

"Daddy!" Octavia perked up from the drawing along with his name.

"Well, that answers that." Land down by her. She was up to where his waist would be. "How you get here?"

The little one head down. Eyes tearing up. "I just wanted to see the stars. Daddy always shows me stars and space. I wanted to do it too, and show daddy. TH-Then I feel. T-the ho-hole close up and, and- "

"Now, now come on don't cry maybe- "Freeze when she was now hugging him. My whole body shuddered from the contact. Bit the inside of their mouth to not make a sound. Too not scare him. Just a kid.

A scared kid just wanting her father.

"I-I want*hic* daddy!" Octavia now has tears coming back down again.

Frogmouth you owe him so much right now.

"H-hey its o-okay ill bring you back." Awkwardly pat her head. She was still crying. A small groan. Crouch down to move her back slightly. Place their hands on her shoulders to get her to take at him. "Hey I'm going to get you to your dad. All right. I'm not going to leave you alone."

Octavia looks scared just like any other child. But she did shake her head a bit. Then they felt their cheeks being wiped from part of the strange person's cloak.

"All right Little Frogmouth. Small breathes."

"F-Frogmouth?" Blink in confusion as she took small breathes."

"A little one. Now let's get you back home." Stop a bit to look back at her. "Do you know where you live?"

"H-Hell?"

"Which um what was it called. Right. Ring."

"Um." Octavia thinks a bit, while Moxxie open up the codes this time. Just to help search, and narrow down where in Hell. "Red skies. It was a P?"

"Pride." All right, Pride. Time to find an owl. Or at least a pinpoint of that book.

"What you doing?" Confused just seeing them just stand there. A hand moves randomly around but sees nothing.

"Searching."

"Like magic?"

"Hmmm in a way yes."

"Why can't I see it?" Tilt her head.

"I can only see it." At least I only allowed them to see. "It's like part of my own magic."

"Like how Uncle Andre can only do ice magic?"

"I guess if he the only one around that naturally can-do ice." Sounds like a Yeti.

"What your name?"

"Puppet."

"Puppet." Octavia repeated the name. Then she looks back up at them. See how their cloak has star patterns. She wonders if they mean something. Then the mask with little stars splashed on them. Blink. Then let out a shock gasp.

All right thinks he got it narrowed down. Now how to make it look like he didn't take a child. Maybe just put her in the spot the book was at. That could be the best.

"You're the new star!"

"Wha- "Eyes widened as the little owlet was hugging him. Gah! He is being hugged again! Stumble back to see the child just cuddle up them. "Um kid you shouldn't just jump to someone like that."

"But your Daddy friend? He told me so much about you! Did you really spit out fire? How did a star let you do that? He said you drank it all! Says you were tougher than him. I almost didn't believe it since Daddy strong too but he doesn't like to make something like that up- "

Moxxie just stares as he listens to the child chatter. Half listening while their mind also thinks. He told her about them? Did recall threatening the owl but it was to not fight them.

But why tell your little one about him? Did he tell anyone else?

Fist clenched tightly underneath the sleeves.

"-Daddy looks happy. He doesn't have lots of friends like mom. I mean he seems to talk to others but doesn't look happy. He was happy to talk about you- "

Fist slowly unclenched without them realizing it.

"-Then boom! The stars would collide! He will show me when I'm older since I'll be um um seventeen when it happens! You should watch it with us- "

"Little frogmouth."

"Hmm? Oh! My name is Octavia! Daddy calls me Via. Or fire star. "Octavia chattered a bit.

"Right." He thinks he had heard him say that name before. "Can I ask you a question?"

"Isn't that a question?"

"Your right that was. Good job noticing that." Child honesty. Got to enjoy it.

Let out a happy hoot from the praise. Her tail feather wagging.

He kneels down. "You said you were using the book to check for stars. Correct?"

Got a shy nob yes.

"Is that the first time you used the book?"

"Yes." Octavia head down a little. "Daddy said I can't do magic till I'm older. Every year when I grew older, I asked if he could teach me. But he would say older or soon."

Moxxie hums a bit. "How old are you?"

"Seven."

"I see." Stand back up. "Let's get you home."

"Um, um sir? M-Mame- "

"Just Puppet." If any was in their position would have felt old. He just hears a child trying to be polite and not rude. "Just call me Puppet. None of that."

"Were you my age when you were taught magic Puppet?"

Moxxie was silent a bit. Just thinking about a younger him coming into this new life. Then a part of Error in that void that was 'young' but still knew magic. Then it was tainted and twisted around. "I was young when I started."

"Young like me." Hand reaches out shyly to take their hand.

"Too young but still yes." Reach down to let her touch his sleeve. The pair walking.

"I like your scarf."

"Thank you. I like the stars on your dress."

Stolas was done in the greenhouse along with the back garden. Quite please how everything is coming along. No trouble. Stella will be as well since she keeps complaining how the next backyard party needs to look splendid.

If she wasn't so terrible at gardening it would have made her, do it. But it would have just made the servants do the work.

He motions the servants to carry on as they were done for today. Goes inside to get a quick drink. Then he headed to his office. Via must be still taking a nap. He'll wake her up in a bit. Open the door to his office but stop. Why was his grimoire on the floor open? Then notice the chair with lots of books piled up. Like to be climb on-

He drops his cup as he uses his magic to grab the book. Panic in his eyes. Open a portal Octavia room and see nothing! His worst fear came true as he stared at the page with a portal. "No, no, no, no!"

Where did his little one go? Where did the portal bring her too? What if she hurt, in danger or worse dead! Fuck it. Eyes glowed ready to use any trick he has to an open a portal that possibly led to Octavia.

Suddenly a glitch up small portal open to space. But it wasn't the space that he was seeing first.

"Daddy!"

Stolas drops his book as he swoops in to grab his daughter. Cradle her tightly as he nuzzles her head. "Octavia! Oh, my little owlet!"

The father and daughter hugged each other for a long while. Just happy to see the other. Know the other is safe. The other happy to see them again.

"Via what happen. How you- "

"I use Daddy book to see the space, stars." Octavia headed down; a bit afraid of how much trouble she was in. "You keep promising to teach me. I wanted to do it so I can show you I can."

"Octavia. That book isn't a toy. I wanted to teach you when you're older for a reason." Stolas didn't want to talk sternly but she had to understand how scared he was just those two minutes. "How you even do it? I didn't even teach you anything- "

"Possible accidental magic with her emotions."

Stolas freezes as he now realizes who is here. Who opens the portal? Turn to see Puppet on the other side of the portal. "Puppet."

"You're lucky I was right in this area and saw her. She was crying her eyes out for you."

A worry hoot as he nuzzles his little one closer. "You stayed with her, and brought her back."

"Took a while but able to find where to portal her back- "

"Thank you, Puppet."

Silent for a bit. "I want to talk to you about something really quick."

"Oh, um now?" A bit taken back. The rare times the pair talk it was Stolas who would be the one initiated.

"Yes."

"I sure. Yes, yes, we can." Look at Octavia. "Via I want you to say thank you. Then go to your room so we can talk."

"Am I'm in trouble?" Worried look.

"A bit. You really did scare me Via." He nuzzles her head as he puts her down. He watches her shyly walk back up to Puppet. He finds it adorable but is trying to look stern right now.

"Thank you for brining me back home, talking with me and being nice." Look up shyly at the mask being who was strange yet very nice to her.

"Just be careful. All right."

Octavia nods to turn but stops. Then a few faster steps to hug them. At least part of their cloak. Look up at them. "Will I see you again?"

Stop to think about that. Made them forget the hug for him. "Maybe. Your father and I meet up are very random. But if he sees me ill make sure to ask if you want to say a quick hi."

"Really!" Her white pupil shines brightly so you could barely see the pink.

Wow her eyes are like a pair of stars. "Yes, now go along little frogmouth."

"How dare you." Stolas whispered in horror hearing the nickname. The other two didn't care or listen.

"Okay Puppet!" Hug him as best she can. Then he starts to run out of the office.

"I will pay you to not call her that."

"Your daughter wants to learn magic." Puppet arms crossed underneath. Ignoring what he just says. Watch him stay still as he brings the book to the shelf.

"She to you- "

"Save it. I actually listen about your youth to do magic." Watch him stay still just staring at the books. "Look I'm not going to tell you when to train her or not. That's not my job."

"Indeed."

"But I can say this. What happen here, with your book as wel- "

"Are you going to start badmouthing me from not training her." Look at them.

"No. You're allowed to listen or not. Or tell me to leave. I'm not her parent, teacher or anything important. Besides apparently being your friend."

Feather now poof in slight embarrassment. He has been talking about Puppet a little too much around his daughter. Really the stories he was telling her were like small bedtime stories. Not just for her but in a way for himself as well. The few visits, on his part, with Puppet are quite fun. Even they can be too quiet. I won't talk at all. Besides throwing out that ridiculous name. Yet, not once were they in a way being rude to them. Well, rude that didn't involve a warning that first time. "Well, I um you see- "

"She can at learn how to maintain magic control."

That was not what he expected. Thought they would say things like they aren't friends. Or well anything along those lines. Not this. "I um come again?"

"Look she must have some strong magic to do all this. But it will be troubling in the future if she does start late. At least she can learn about magic, can show how to control her own. Once that is good. Can at least be ready to use magic with your book." Their sight still on them. "She really wanted to see space and show you she can do it."

Stolas kept quiet. He looks down at the grimoire. His mind just went to the past. How he enjoyed learning magic, getting ready for what he knows his duties will be. Then a lot of responsibilities, along with their fate rain down.

Along with that he had to train alone. The only time he got 'help' was when his father would just see how much he was able to learn. In his youth it would be lucky he would pay attention. Only when he started to reach his teens was serious. Only because he got to be ready with his own duties.

"I'll think about it. At least talk things about the magic of the book."

It'll be a start at least. Can talk to Octavia about it too. Still, in trouble worrying him. But it really could have been dangerous if that book had taken her elsewhere.

"Is Octavia the only one who knows about me?"

"Yes, I um you never really hurt me. So, I don't have a reason to say anything. Even made sure my Via was brought home safe." Smile warmly at their directions. "You do have my thanks for that. "

"I'm not going to leave a child alone." Not that cruel of a jerk. Plus, if a brat did give them issue would just dump them with a group of children to not be alone. In non-space. Turn their head a bit. "Just tell her not to say anything either. I just like to be left alone."

No, problem.

No trouble.

I just want to have a good time, relax in space.

"Of course, I will talk to her." Then smile big. "Buuuut. If I do see you. Have to hi to my little one."

"I hope your little frogmouth peck your head."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Done!

We got to see the adorable little Octavia!

Little Frogmouth nickname shall never leave. Same with Frogmouth. Stolas mentally crying.

At least Stolas teaching her lessons along with magic control.

Any questions?

Until next time.

Bye, bye!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.6K 2.7K 96
Our resident former destroyer turn Imp shall be drabbles and requested stories! Let's have some fun along with chaos! FgodError concept and idea belo...
6.5K 140 14
Kaleb, a 22-year-old human, was just a normal guy living a normal life, that was until he was accidentally summoned into hell by an imp named Blitzø...
211K 11.5K 90
Fresh is Admin of the Multiverse!? This can't end well ... or can it? This is an alternate universe - er, multiverse - where Fresh is responsible for...
113K 3.7K 19
*Just a normal fgod fanfiction. *...or is it? Error gets cornered in Outertale by the Star Sanses. He missteps and falls into the VOID. Blue tries to...