Error wanted rest! Not be a I...

By Nightstar246

Error jumps in the void. He thought hurray rest, freedom, and a big middle finger to Fate. But nope instead h... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131
Chapter 132
Chapter 133
Chapter 134
Chapter 135
Chapter 136
Chapter 137
Chapter 138
Chapter 139
Chapter 140
Chapter 141
Chapter 142
Chapter 143
Chapter 144
Chapter 145
Chapter 146
Chapter 147
Chapter 148
Chapter 149
Chapter 150
Chapter 151
Chapter 152
Chapter 153
Chapter 154
Chapter 155
Chapter 156
Chapter 157
Chapter 158
Chapter 159
Chapter 160
Chapter 161
Chapter 162

Chapter 16

683 58 38
By Nightstar246

Chapter 16

Another with new twists and turns.

Warning: OOC, random craziness, Error past dark abuse, many other troubles if mention, cursing, killing, dark themes, racism mention, stuff children/teen shouldn't do, profanity, self-harm, suicidal moments, cheating, sexual moments mentioned, violence, smoking, drugs, alcohol, guns mention, animal death, cringe, bullying, yandere, possible musical/singing moments and bad flirts.

Error/Moxxie speaking

Voices/flashback/Text

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Moxxie was so glad he recognized the numbers of the players who scored the points. The curse storm from Striker was extra points.

"Alright Critter were here." Striker huffed and leaned against the seat.

Moxxie, Striker used the truck from Maria since it was easier for them to bring the weapons and ammunition to the range. Moxxie doesn't have a 'permit' yet to drive. Neither did Striker, kind of, and allowed to drive. But Striker preferred his horse or one of those motorcycles he saw before.

He actually preferred that he didn't lose the bet!

"Rattles pouting." Moxxie scarf hid the smirk as he held the box in his lap.

Striker tried to get a sneak peek or anything. Fail since Moxxie kept it on him till today. Not even Maria would give them a hint. It was infuriating.

"Shut it." Striker snarled and got out of the truck. Goes to the back and began to unload the stuff. But Moxxie stop him. Thrust the box in his hands,

"Come on open it."

"If it's a skirt in going to choke you with it."

"Rude."

Striker rolled his eyes and took the box. He is ready to get this over with now. He pulls the lid off the box. His ringed eyes widened in surprise. Look back at Moxxie then back at what was inside the package. Place the box down as you pull the item out.

It was a large grey sun hat.

He took it. His fingers trace the material of the hat. Soft but still felt resilient to the material that it would be tough to destroy. The holes on both sides were the right size for his horns to slide through. All this was something he wanted in a decent, sturdy cowboy hat. He couldn't find a good one, was it too expensive or just wasn't right.

This was really a good hat.

Good, pushing it. This was a greatly put together. You just don't see good hats like this. Unless you find someone who still can make them like this, in another area of Wrath or way out of your pocket. Maybe the family that's passed down just got really take good care of it.

"It's an early Birthday gift. Took a while to get it right when you mom sent me the measurements." He enjoying the shock expression. Doesn't even care if he'll like it or not. It was different too since I had never made a hat before. Able to get lesson when one the seamstress talks about a cousin who coming into town. After some talking it over, along with Whiskey, taught them. His Madre and Susie say Striker will love it. But we just have to see what the answer will be.

Well, that explained that weird hat shopping moment that day with Ma. He wasn't pleased to not get one that day. Now he knew why. This one was even better in appearance, and touch. Now let's see if it fits.

Moxxie watches Striker put the hat on. It looks really catching on him. The odd feeling left fast. Striker didn't give him an answer as he was checking through the side view mirror of the truck. "So, going to keep it or will I give it to one of the hogs?"

Striker looks over at Moxxie and walk up to him. Pull him over then he ruffles his hair. "Got to say Critter this is your best work yet."

"Is that you saying you'll keep it?'' Shove his hand away and refix his hair.

"No, kidding." He grinned and tipped the brim up. "I like it a lot. Fit me very well don't you think?"

"No, comment."

"Come on say it I look good."

"You already hear it enough flattery from your fan club."

Striker laughed and pat Moxxie shoulder. His eyes showed just that moment how sincere he truly was with the gift. "I mean it. I really like it a lot."

"You're not pulling my tail?"

"I'm not pulling your tail." Pulls him over. "Come on we got some shooting to do. Got to keep my title."

"You're not the only best shot in the whole damn Ring."

"Better than you."

"I beat you with a pistol."

"I was sick that day. I also beat you with the rifle."

"By one point. "

"One point ahead of you."

"Not for long."

Moxxie , Striker had a good time at the shooting range. They were being competitive, shoot for fun, smack jokes and occasionally help the other out.

Moxxie will admit Striker really is good with his own set of skill sets. He seen this guy do things that shocked many others and showed he could do it. I didn't know how to make rope. The guy sat for hours to watch. Even as he messed up and got frustrated, he still didn't stop till he made rope. Never learn how to fish. He became average fisherman and learn how to clean, cut fish. He didn't like poetry but was able to out poetry another imp since they pissed him off. The list would go long and probably get longer as time passed. He was just very confident and ambitious even as a kid back then to show he could do better than others.

Now and then Moxxie pulls a surprise weapon stunt or trick against the taller imp. His reaction was worth it!

The two in the truck after a long day of shooting as Striker drives them back home. Striker glance over seeing Moxxie stare out the window. Well really his eyes closed and were relaxed look.

He like the look on Moxxie. But also, the fierce fieriness when it comes out.

He wants to always see it.

Looks back out at the road with a smile on his face.

Two months later.

Striker face was unreadable as he stared down at the tombstone.

It was hard for anyone to see as his eyes were covered by the hat. He only took off when the coffin was lowered to the ground. Even then you couldn't read his eyes. He was left alone by the tombstone as the rare friends and coworkers leave the area. Two were a bit farther away but waited for him.

Ringed eyes stared at the name on the dark stone. One he didn't want to see for a very long time. Hopefully never even in this world they live in.

Susie.

Striker kneeled down and touched the stone with his fingertips.

He should have been there. This shouldn't have happened. Not his Ma.

He wanted to tell her everything was fine now. He found the one who killed her when she was just doing her job. She didn't have to protect her co-workers from the prick. But they were the type of people she never did like. One who thinks they have the right to do anything to throw money at another face. Always prepared and on guard. But not that night as the guy had a holy blade that went to her neck.

Just left like it was nothing. Call them pest of the night.

Then Striker got a call at home about what happened. His mind was foggy like a stage. He didn't want to believe it. Didn't want believe such a sick joke?

Until he arrived at the area. Ran inside the saloon. Push anyone out of the way. Didn't want to think about the blood he saw in certain spots that may have been hers. Then he spotted a few of the woman. Some tried to stop him. Some were crying. The boss of the place let him through with the solemn Doctor by her side.

It was just Striker with Ma on the bed. Not breathing. Striker didn't know how long he cried. He didn't even want to think about that, he cried. Didn't want to show weakness or emotions. Just anger for the one who took her away. Took his Ma away from him. He just sat in that bed as he held her. Tears sliding down his face wanting to be angry.

But right now, he was just like a lost little impling who wanted his mother back.

He didn't know what to do afterwards. Knew at some point she had to be separated from her dead body. How they brought the body out. To be prepared for funeral arrangements. He wanted to keep hugging his mother whose life was gone from her body. He wanted to interrogate everyone around. He wanted hunt the son of a bitch down. He wanted to make them suffer!

He wanted them to feel the same pain he was feeling.

He doesn't even remember who made the call. Probably was one of Susie friends/co-workers here. They did know Maria as well. Next, thing he was told, Maria, Moxxie were on their way. He forced himself with Bombproof to go home. Couldn't go take Ma body at that point but was told it'll be taken care of. To go home.

Home. Alone.

Then it no longer was when the pair arrived. He didn't want to show his emotions around them. Especially Moxxie. He couldn't let him see how lost he was as his emotions were through the roof. He can't let anyone see. He didn't want them to worry about him. He didn't want to see Maria crying as she was brought to see the body. He didn't want to look at Moxxie eyes. Couldn't look at the time.

He didn't realize or remember Moxxie saw him breakdown. Maria was gone that day to take care of the arrangements. He was drinking very hard to the point of him getting a blackout. He didn't remember the yelling, shouting he thrown at the smaller imp. Or how he smacks Moxxie. Then cried against his body till the smaller companion brought him to bed passed out.

Moxxie never brought it back up for Striker sake as he was emotional, drunk and didn't need the reminder.

When Striker asked if anything happened. Moxxie just sat by him while he rested in bed. Put a cold rag on his forehead. Told him to rest. Watch the eyes closed but he didn't leave him. Just stuck with him.

Then the day of the funeral arrived. Striker stayed quiet all the way, even to the cemetery.

Striker stared at the name for a long time. Look at her name. Then a tombstone that belonged to her mother. Along with her grandparents. Imps he never met. Family he was told stories about how close she was to him.

Susie father tombstone nowhere as he was dead to her. Not that he can blame his Ma for her reason.

Striker stands up as his hat down. Turns around goes to Maria, Moxxie waiting for him. He goes up to Moxxie left side to wrap his arm around the shorter imp. Kept him close to be by his side. Moxxie let him be. Maria follows along as she watches closely. Stop as she stared back at Susie grave. Close her eyes to take a small breath. Reach out to rub her eyes to not tear up. Do it later. Turn back around to follow.

The three in the truck silently.

Striker staring out the window and holding Moxxie hand. His tail was also wrapped around his own tail. Moxxie able to deal with the amount of touching today. But debating on saying something on how tight he was holding his hand. Maria concentrating on the road while deep in thought.

It was close to night time when they arrived Susie home. The cemetery being further away from the town, especially the one that had her family. Striker gets out of the car to go feed Bombproof. Moxxie, Maria stays outside a bit to wait on the porch. Both stayed quiet.

"Madre."

"Yes, Mox."

"You go take the bed tonight."

"Mox I'll be fine- "

"No." Touch her arm. "Please go take it. It won't do me any good."

Maria stares at her child but she sighs. These past few days hit her hard as she took care of what she needed to do. It was very rough and will need some alone time as well. Still processing that her closes friend actually gone. "Okay. Okay just can you make sure Striker doesn't go back to the alcohol?"

"Yeah." Already made sure that won't happen again. Look down on the ground. ""I'm really sorry you lost her."

Maria looked at her boy. Pull him to be hugged close. They stayed like this for a bit till she pulled herself away. "It'll be tough but I don't want you to worry about me. Okay?"

Moxxie frown when she said that. "No, promises Madre but I will give you space...What will happen now? "

"I'm going to take care of it. Tomorrow, can you go into town to buy a few things? I got to talk a few things over with Striker." Glance over to see Striker come out the barn."

"Um yeah sure." A small nod. He watches her smile tiredly; pat the shoulder and she go inside. He stays as Striker walks back over. Goes to the door. Didn't move as he was just going to stay outside. Until he felt the other tail grabbing his own. Grunts feeling the pull to come inside. Decided to move as he goes inside.

Next, thing he knows just holding a passed-out Striker on the couch. Okay really it was Striker resting on his lap while they were sitting up. Moxxie stare down at their face. The exhaustion, dark rings showing around the eyes. The hat was off on the table. Their hair was just a mess.

"I'm so sorry." Moxxie whispered as he closed their own eyes. Just feeling guilty.

First, Whistler and now Susie. Maybe if he had just told them earlier on about themselves, he could have helped. A part of him knows how that would have done much. There wouldn't have been any way of contact. The scenery would have pulled a lot of commotion if they just portal in the saloon. Excuses after excuses his head trying to tell him. The part that no the danger to come.

It didn't mean it still hurt if they just tried.

The next morning arrived.

Maria didn't get the best sleep but slept less. Then when she woke up this morning couldn't find either of the pair. Until she checks outside to see them taken care of Bombproof. Gave them a few minutes till she handed Moxxie the truck keys.

Fuck, the permit right now.

Moxxie took the keys, along with a list handed. "Anything else?"

"No, no. That should do. Striker?"

Striker glances at the list. The stuff meant for the home. "Yeah, should be good."

Moxxie nods as he goes back out the door. Striker following along.

"Striker waits you're not going with them." Maria sees Striker freeze at the door.

"Pardon?" He didn't turn to look at her.

"We need to talk over some things."

"It can wait- "

"No, it can't." Maria sighs but she didn't miss how their hands turn into fists. "Striker please we need to do this now."

Before some money grabbing's fools try to make this hard on Striker.

"Fine. Just hold on." Walk out the door as Moxxie was already further away.

Moxxie opens the door to get in the truck. Didn't get time to close it as Striker stopped the door?

"You have your gun on you?"

"Yes?" Moxxie blink as he watches Striker look at everything over in the truck.

"Money?"

"Yes."

"Can you see- "

"Striker." Moxxie reach out to push Striker hat down. Got annoyed grunt. "I'm not that blind, short you annoying snake."

"Ouch you hurting me." Striker let loose a small chuckle.

"Do you want me to get some feed for Bomb? It was getting low." Moxxie offered.

Striker glanced at the farm, then back to the home. "Yeah. If you don't mind. Still remember where to go?"

"Yes."

"Good the old man there will know which for Bomb. I'll pay you back. "

"Don't worry about it."

"Come no- "

"Striker really doesn't worry about it. Also, just try to listen to Madre. She just wants to help out." Watch Striker be extra quiet until he lets out a sigh.

"I get it Critter. Just," Wave his hand in the air, "Don't worry about it. I'm going to talk with Maria. See you in a bit."

The truck drove off.

Moxxie glance out the review mirror as he sees Striker form. Then back to the road. Took a tired breath as he wanted to rub his eyes. Shook their head to concentrate. Just take some time away to let them talk.

Maria was waiting at the kitchen table. She watches Striker walk over to sit on the other side of the table. Just silence between the both of them. "I know Susie did leave a will of sorts- "

"Before we get to that I want to ask you something." He looks up at her.

"Ask away."

"It's about the roadkill of my so called 'father'."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Done!

Yes, death again! Wholesome at the beginning then got you again. Rest in Peace Susie with Whisper! Good luck to your son.

Bet this was a new twist of the talk. Or maybe it's not. Just have to wait to see.

I got nothing else to put down.

Until next time!

Bye, bye!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

271K 16K 140
(This story is discontinued. There is a 2.0 Version updated.) Error jumps in the void. He thought hurray rest, freedom, and a big middle finger to Fa...
20.7K 429 8
your an imp who works for millies ranch. you've worked there for awhile to try and live but it hasn't been easy. suddenly an imp by the name striker...
41.1K 2.5K 15
Error jumps in the void. Ready to accept their death. But nope doesnt get that and becomes the mother of one of our future demon slayers. Maybe this...
23.2K 787 8
Error has jump into the void to end it all. Everyone cheering and happy for the death of the Destroyer. Parties and celebrations all around. One main...