Forever Luna

Od XDeafening_SilenceX

Being new parents is hard enough, but parents to Lycan twins while recovering from several plots against thei... Více

Season List for Lost Luna
Protective
Mirror
Beta
Nervous
Intriguing
Envy
Expand
Fog
Exhaustion
Documents
Date
Stay
Yearning
Cautious
Craving
Softness
Debrief
Kiss
Secretive
Clover
Sentiment
Summoned
Concerted
Tornado
Odd
Hangover
Apprehension
Jack-In-The-Box
Possession
Calm
Game
Taxing
More
Forthcoming
Trepidation
Compassion
Tryst
Flawless
Imperfect
Acceptance
Adventure
Lessons
Gossip
Playful
Provocative
Disturbance
Interfere
Scrutinise
Coquetry
Suggestion
Recognisable
Magic
Unspoken
Details
Outsider
Parvenu
Enquiries
Convalesce
Pessimistic
Drive
Resentment
Security
Adrenaline
Instinctive
Respect
Affliction
Perceive
Transcendent
Revival
Mollify
Treachery
Fallouts
Exasperated
Inspection
Analysis
Embrace
Repudiation
Mistake
Regime
Assiduous
Fever
Pursuit
Tipple
Affect
Chapter 86 [Read it on June 19]
Chapter 87 [Read it on June 21]
Chapter 88 [Read it on June 26]

Severity

3K 145 21
Od XDeafening_SilenceX

noun ~ the fact or condition of being unpleasant or serious

POLLUX

I paused, staring at Phoenix wide-eyed. "A what?"

He groaned, his head falling backward as he squeezed his eyes closed. "I know, it's maddening."

"A bounty? Who would order a hit on Nova?"

"On both of you." He sighed.

I felt my blood cool like ice. "Me?"

"Nova more so, thanks to her ability to turn humans to wolves. But there are people out there who want your blood too, and your cousins."

"How do you know?" I whispered.

Charlie was right.

"I have received letters; death threats." He swallowed, avoiding eye contact. "There are people out there who think I have too much power, and having two lycan wolves under my roof only exploits that."

"So more cults wanting to take down the stronger wolves?" I grunted.

Just like the rogue group that kidnapped Nova last summer.

"Pretty much," he sighed. "They say I have too much powerful blood and if I don't hand it over, it will spill."

My eyes widened. "Yeah, that is definitely a threat enough to scare someone. You haven't told Nova?"

His gaze shifted to me, a look of sarcasm passing by.

"Whilst all this was going on? No."

"You know what she's like about hiding things from her." I stated, scowling at him.

"I know, I know." He grunted. "But I didn't want to worry her during the party. She would've been on edge and not wanted to be near anybody."

"True." I muttered. "When are you going to tell her?"

"I don't know." He scratched his jaw. "I don't know if I want to."

I snorted a laugh. "She isn't that scary."

His eyes widened, holding my gaze. "That woman is the scariest person I have met."

The laughter didn't stop, and I clutched my stomach with glee. Phoenix even chuckled, joining me on his admittance of fear. Only when it died down did he sober with a hum.

"Honestly, she is scary when angry. I think it's because I don't want to hurt her feelings." He sighed.

"She is your mate. She is the only person whose feelings you will ever care about above your own." I shrugged. "You are bound to be scared by her reaction. But isn't it worth it?"

"Isn't what?"

"Telling her." I rolled my eyes. "If anything happens. If any border breeches, murders or whatever, happen, then she deserves to know why before they do. It'll make her look stupid otherwise, and she is anything but."

Phoenix sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. "I should just tell her now, yeah?"

I nodded. "You should. She's your mate."

He observed me a little longer, and I remained silent beneath the scrutiny of his strange-coloured eyes. For a moment, I admired how different he was to when I first met him over ten years ago. They threw the tortured boy into a world where he had to become a man, and I regretted not being fast enough to help him save his parents.

Young, innocent Phoenix had changed overnight, and over the years became a man who people feared. Yet now, peering into his eyes full of concern for his mate's attitude, I didn't see that. Nova had softened his hard skin, brought back that soft-minded boy back from before his pack was torn apart. He was slowly healing that part of himself, and I was forever grateful that he allowed me to see that part of him.

I was just an in-law. A wolf who didn't even belong here...

"Okay, I will tell her tonight." Phoenix mumbled.

I blinked, shaking my head to clear the thoughts from my mind. "Good."

Silence encompassed us both, and despite staring at the view from his back garden, I found Phoenix staring at me. My fingertips mindlessly tapped on the arm of my seat, awkwardly trying to pretend he wasn't looking at me. When he didn't look away after two whole minutes, I snapped my head around to glare at him.

"What? Something on my face?"

He chuckled, shaking his head. "I was wondering why you were here."

I frowned. "To see the sights, obviously."

His laughter was soft. "Of course, that's why. Not the burning questions in your mind."

I avoided his gaze. "I have no questions..."

"But you have thoughts." He stated.

My grimace deepened and as stubborn as I wanted to pretend nothing was happening, I knew this was the best time. It was going to eat me up, and besides, Phoenix can distract angry Nova with his whole death threat thing!

Can't believe I am taking advice from Charlie...

"I need to speak to you." I mumbled. "Both of you."

"Great, let's go inside. Nova has been finished for a few minutes now." He smirked.

I felt uneasy, and nervously smiled at him as he rose from the furniture. Phoenix stood, his towering figure waiting for me to stand with an open hand. I scowled at his palm, pushing myself out of the chair.

"I am perfectly capable."

"I didn't want your hand." He mused. "I was just telling you which way to go."

Rolling my eyes, I entered the house through the open doorway. "It is pretty obvious that it is this way by the open door."

His chuckles followed me up the stairs, echoing around the tall stature like a spirit. I followed my nose, the twin bond tightening as I grew closer to Nova. She was no longer in the bedrooms, but had migrated herself into the living room with only her daughter.

"I swear to the Goddess this child will be the end of me." She announced.

Familiar green eyes turned, unfazed by my appearance. Despite her mate looming behind me like a shadow, Nova's eyes followed me as I walked around the sofa. Cooing at baby Annabelle, I took her out of Nova's hand. Nova gave her up easily, falling onto the sofa with a groan.

"What have you done to Mummy, Belle?" I sang.

"She refuses to nap!" Nova grunted.

The five-week-old baby smiled at me, her hands reaching out to grab onto my hair. I chuckled, removing her chubby little fingers with a smile.

"Where's Wolf?"

She rolled her eyes, pointing to the crib at the other end of the room. "Asleep, of course."

"Maybe Belle just has to seize the day! Hey, Belle?" I laughed.

"Yeah, well, can she do that at your house?"

Phoenix chuckled as he fell into the seat beside her, pulling her close to kiss way too many times along her temple. I hesitated in my uncle snuggles, feeling that same heaviness in my chest as every time before. Shaking my head, I blinked back down at my niece with a smile too fake for my liking.

"Mummy forgets Uncle Pollux doesn't have a house." I mused.

I heard Nova groan again, and even Phoenix laughed at her.

"Is her being awake such a bad thing?" I wondered.

Her eyes flew open, and mine widened in return. "Yes!"

"Why?"

Phoenix grumbled when Nova's enthusiastic hand smacked him in the chest. She flailed wildly, going off on a tangent. How Belle being awake now means she will be tired earlier than bedtime, which means she will be up more in the night... And then something about an earlier morning. I kind of zoned out, blinking absentmindedly as I focused my attention on something else.

Phoenix.

His emotions were acting out of turn.

He was... dare I say it?

Nervous.

So in tune with the waves of the alpha's brain, I didn't notice my sister had stopped talking. She was glaring at the two of us, and I quickly cleared my throat, looking down at Belle.

"What is it?" She frowned.

"What is what?" I grinned.

Her eyes narrowed, staring between the two of us. "Were you two mind-linking whilst I was talking?"

I rolled my eyes. "Please, Phoenix is closed off all the time."

"So, you were reading him?" She cocked her head. "You were in his head still."

"Maybe." I shrugged, twirling a dark lock of Belle's hair between my fingers.

"What is it?"

"What is what?"

"Pollux!"

I snorted, raising my eyes to meet her gaze. "Nova!"

My sister grunted, her head dropping into the pillows. Phoenix was laughing before he mumbled things into her ear. Ugh, I had to look away.

Bella gurgled, complaining slightly. Her mind screamed at me, the basic, natural emotions glaring at me to take notice. Tuning out the sounds of others, I shushed her, recognising her need for sleep. Lifting her to my chest, I pressed her tummy into my shirt; her face falling into the crook of my neck. She grumbled and groaned a little as I bounced her with my hand. It didn't take long before her mind quietened and eventually sleep closed off those angry red parts with a dull grey haze.

Points to Uncle Polly.

Sighing softly, I raised my head to find Nova staring at me with barely contained annoyance. I grinned innocently, holding her daughter to my body.

"She's asleep?"

"She's asleep." I confirmed.

Her mind surged, and I grinned, awkwardly hoping that she would not blow her lid. Within a second, it calmed and all those angry red flares dulled. I watched her exhale sharply through her nose, her shoulders sagging.

"Thanks," Nova murmured.

"Am I putting her in her crib?"

"Please." She sighed.

Gently, I cradled the chunky infant in my hands and set her in her basket. Her mind roused a little, startling as she lay on the flat surface before settling straight away. I placed her blanket over her, leaning back to admire my handiwork.

"How do you do it?" Nova wondered.

Shrugging, I moved to sit at the opposite end of the sofa, sighing as the cushions enveloped me.

"I'm magical."

She glared, her lips pouting with annoyance. I chuckled, not bothered that my elusive jokes annoyed her in the slightest. Nova was fun to wind up, and I had contained so many jokes when she was pregnant. It was about time they came out.

"Why are you here, Mister Child Magician?" She tutted.

I laughed. "Child Magician?"

"You are anything but." She quirked an eyebrow.

Phoenix chuckled. "You will have to enrol Pollux in a baby-sitting service."

They giggled, and I awkwardly joined, scratching the nape of my neck with unease. I stared at a spot on the carpet, the fibres in the waves of fabric so clean. Nova didn't give her cleaner credit; I hardly saw any dust in here.

How was I supposed to tell them I couldn't be a baby-sitter? That I wanted to leave? I didn't want to seem ungrateful.

"Polly?"

Snapping to the present, I looked up at my twin. "Hmm?"

"You okay?"

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine. Why?" I laughed softly.

She narrowed her eyes, and I felt my entire body go rigid. Her mind battled with mine and I successfully blocked her, which seemed to make her anger grow. I grinned innocently, clearing my throat.

"So, what's a guy to do to get a drink around here?"

Her eyes were slits. "You are capable of making a drink. But that is not what is bothering you."

Patting the sofa, I jumped to my feet and hurried into the kitchen. Anything to avoid her luna glare. She had perfected it, and I did not want to be a victim. It was about time she took it out on her dad, or maybe Charlie. Not me.

"Anyone else?" I wondered.

"Tea, please." Nova responded.

Knowing my way around the kitchen thanks to the many times I have visited, I turned the kettle on and moved to grab two mugs. Turning around with them in hand, I came face to face with the demon herself.

Curious Nova.

I jumped slightly, the mugs in my hands nearly dropping to the floor. "Fuck sake, Nova. Warn a guy."

"Why so jumpy?" She probed as I stepped around her.

Rolling my eyes, I grabbed the tea. "Maybe because you are creeping behind a guy's back?"

She didn't like the look I sent her over my shoulder, crossing her arms and pouting. Concentrating on my tea was hard, but I did it rather successfully. Nova even waited until after I had poured the boiling hot water to continue.

"Phoenix, he's acting strange, isn't he?"

I glanced at Phoenix from behind the fridge door, and he had stiffened slightly. I narrowed my eyes as his own darted between the two of us before settling on his mate.

Chicken.

"I think he's perfectly fine."

Her head cocked. "You both are hiding something."

"We aren't hiding anything." Phoenix insisted.

I agreed, placing her mug in her hands. She accepted it, frowning down at the swirling concoction in her hands.

She hummed, turning back to me. "I will not stop until you tell me."

Finishing my creation, I took my hot mug over to the sofas and placed it on the coffee table. Nova's footsteps were soft behind me and she perched in the single arm-chair opposite us. I returned her glare, not liking the confrontation. Her emotions were haywire; she was determined. I would not win this one.

I wasn't sure how I was going to tell her, either.

Oh hey, yeah, I'm leaving. I may not be back for a year or five.

That will go down well...

Question of the Day:
What would you NEVER buy the cheap version of? Ketchup, tyres, drinks... what is the thing you have to pay for the brand bc it's just not the same?

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

6.2K 411 32
Recommended reading the first two books. ALPHA LUNA It can be read as stand-alone if wanted though. (Some references may be confusing) *EDITING* Mia...
168K 4.9K 34
Being the daughter of the moon goddess and an angel is stuff but being in danger all the time is stuffer, when my house is attacked both my parents a...
1.1M 37.8K 67
"So here I lay here in the cold, mentally shattered, physically broken, bleeding out and waiting for the sweet silence and darkness of death to come...
1.5M 8.1K 6
They say that Alpha-blood pups born under a full moon are destined for greatness. That males born will have all the strength the goddess can bestow...